IGNORED

Faith based tattoo question

farouk

Faith based: does this describe your (actual or likely) first tattoo?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Faith based: does this describe your (actual or likely) first tattoo?

• Yes, it is or would likely be faith-based
    • No, it does not/would not/no tattoos received or planned
    • I'm open to the idea but am not quite sure yet
    • Rather not say

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 11/10/2024 at 01:48 AM

Guest AFlameOfFire
24 minutes ago, NConly said:

yes I quoted that verse in the beginning of the thread when I said I am not against tatoo's if they do not refer to dead friends or dead relatives. Or could have been in the other thread I think he started two.

How did you go from marking to binding and see a similarity between them?

Today I would read that and ask, was that really about doing that in your own flesh for the physically dead or for spiritually dead? I mean because why would they put tatoos on themselves for physically dead people? It would seem as if maybe it was to impress the spiritually dead.

You know, sort of like how Jesus spoke of the dead (spiritually so) burying the dead (physically so) to let the dead burying the dead (in that manner). So I was like, which dead is it speaking of.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, AFlameOfFire said:

How did you go from marking to binding and see a similarity between them?

Today I would read that and ask, was that really about doing that in your own flesh for the physically dead or for spiritually dead? I mean because why would they put tatoos on themselves for physically dead people? It would seem as if maybe it was to impress the spiritually dead.

You know, sort of like how Jesus spoke of the dead (spiritually so) burying the dead (physically so) to let the dead burying the dead (in that manner). So I was like, which dead is it speaking of.

I just have my opinion to give you. In the verse I quoted it was referring to Always keep God on/in your mind Always. That is why it said tied around the hand so one can see it always as a reminder.

When it comes to today's world we use tats as reminders ( among other things) rather than tying something to our hand.

The similarity I referred too was if one ties or prints on the hand it will be a constant reminder. Hope this makes sense.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.13
  • Days Won:  31

@NConly ; @AFlameOfFire Thanks for your various, recent comments.

I think it's inevitable that ppl - whether or not they might be fairly similar in their outlook - are going to have different ideas about tattoos.

One view:

Cachalot said:

Tattoos are unlady-like. That is why I would never have one.

christianityboard dot com

Clearly another, rather different, perspective:

Heavenhome said:

...lots of young girls have them and what is really noticeable is a huge amount are women say around their sixties .

christianforums dot com

Clearly it's case of: "Not for me" versus "I'm going for it; it's highly womanly", etc. (And maybe inevitably varied views, right?)

Thanks to all who voted so far in the poll.

NB: If you have not yet voted in the please vote now.

On 12/16/2023 at 9:42 PM, NConly said:

That is why it said tied around the hand so one can see it always as a reminder.

@NConly

Wrist is also a popular placement for a ink up, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, farouk said:

@NConly

Wrist is also a popular placement for a ink up, right?

I thought you might enjoy this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

406313669_758798286292170_7209764986421986228_n.jpg

7 minutes ago, other one said:

I thought you might enjoy this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

406313669_758798286292170_7209764986421986228_n.jpg

I was referring to faith based tattoos at that placement, such as a simple faith Christian fish sign <><, etc.

Hi @other one Another placement choice which is highly widespread is lower back; a while ago you commented on this; you were addressing women particularly:

"Tattoos can also be a problem when they are on your back.  ..if the ladies have one on thier lower back and are going to have a baby, they will have to do it natural child birth for they can't go through a tattoo with a needle to do an epedural."

There was an article in Elsevier's Quarterly Medical Review, (Volume 49, Issue 4, December 2020, 104050) :

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0755498220300385

The article basically seems to say that no conclusive evidence is known to exist that epidurals in the vicinity of lower back tattoos are hazardous.

Certainly it's the case that especially among women seeking to be tattooed the lower back placement is very sought after and the implication of the article - not directly stated - is that a tattoo parlor appointment involving an ink up at that placement can be planned with confidence.

Whether or not ppl actually want a tattoo at that placement is of course entirely another matter. The article limits itself to the scientific aspect as seen by authors Nicholas Kluger and Jean-Christian Sleth.

It's probably accurate to say also that the prevalence of lower back tattoos are linked with the preference for two piece swimsuits; from a strict medical perspective there is probably a greater danger from sun over-exposure causing skin cancer than from known evidence about lower back tattoos.

In her comment a while ago, GodsGrace said:

"almost every young girl I know has some sort of tatoo.
Even those very conservative types. .. I was at the beach area the other day, and girls are full of tattoos." christianityboard dot com

But although there's evidence that the most conservative of young women use a tattoo parlor with confidence, I'm not sure that specifically a lower back placement would tend to be preferred by Christian women wanting to receive a specifically faith based tattoo design.

On 12/6/2023 at 8:54 AM, Neighbor said:

My own interest has been fully satisfied by my one piece of jewelry that I keep hidden under my shirt the same representation that is my avatar here. It is reminder for me, not for the world.

@Neighbor Ppl have various reasons why/why not, really..........

Sometimes ppl see a strong reason for a cover up of an existing tattoo.

Hvnly1Rose said:

"My husband also was tatooed before getting saved. Another product of the military, but he is also one that likes tatoos. He did get another one after he got saved though. See he had two naked women on his left arm and he felt convicted because he was raising two daughters and he didn't want them to think that, that's the way men should look at women. So he always wanted to have a large piece put on him...so he got an oriental dragon (because they look cool) and it would cover both of the tatoos he had on that arm. Granted this one covers more of his body than the others did but it is in better taste and less expensive then trying to have them removed. His heart was in the right place when he decided to get this one done. He also made sure that it could be covered up by a long sleve shirt as to not stumble anyone. I believe that God knows our hearts and He is the only one with the right to make judgement on such issues as this.

It may sound strange to most but he enjoys the process of getting a tatoo."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, farouk said:

Hi @other one Another placement choice which is highly widespread is lower back; a while ago you commented on this; you were addressing women particularly:

"Tattoos can also be a problem when they are on your back.  ..if the ladies have one on thier lower back and are going to have a baby, they will have to do it natural child birth for they can't go through a tattoo with a needle to do an epedural."

There was an article in Elsevier's Quarterly Medical Review, (Volume 49, Issue 4, December 2020, 104050) :

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0755498220300385

The article basically seems to say that no conclusive evidence is known to exist that epidurals in the vicinity of lower back tattoos are hazardous.

Certainly it's the case that especially among women seeking to be tattooed the lower back placement is very sought after and the implication of the article - not directly stated - is that a tattoo parlor appointment involving an ink up at that placement can be planned with confidence.

Whether or not ppl actually want a tattoo at that placement is of course entirely another matter. The article limits itself to the scientific aspect as seen by authors Nicholas Kluger and Jean-Christian Sleth.

It's probably accurate to say also that the prevalence of lower back tattoos are linked with the preference for two piece swimsuits; from a strict medical perspective there is probably a greater danger from sun over-exposure causing skin cancer than from known evidence about lower back tattoos.

In her comment a while ago, GodsGrace said:

"almost every young girl I know has some sort of tatoo.
Even those very conservative types. .. I was at the beach area the other day, and girls are full of tattoos." christianityboard dot com

But although there's evidence that the most conservative of young women use a tattoo parlor with confidence, I'm not sure that specifically a lower back placement would tend to be preferred by Christian women wanting to receive a specifically faith based tattoo design.

When my wife was delivering our two kids, they would not do them on two of the ladies that were with her.  That was 45 years ago though.

• Thanks 1