IGNORED

Faith based tattoo question

farouk

Faith based: does this describe your (actual or likely) first tattoo?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Faith based: does this describe your (actual or likely) first tattoo?

• Yes, it is or would likely be faith-based
    • No, it does not/would not/no tattoos received or planned
    • I'm open to the idea but am not quite sure yet
    • Rather not say

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 11/10/2024 at 01:48 AM

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  466
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, farouk said:

@Thewhitedove So sounds like you really dislike the actual design as it turned out, but do indeed like the concept of being tattooed with your son's name, right?

(A lot of moms and grandmas do like to get tattooed with their children's/grandchildren's names.)

That's absolutely true. My husband has several tattoos and I like them. I would just love a really nice design to cover my tattoo up but am scared of making it worse. 

I've had a rough year and would love something to commemorate the strength God gave me and grace he showed me through it, preferably using the quote about joy coming in the morning. I just need a guarantee it wouldn't be ugly!

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,608
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

FYI @Kristina another thread - and poll - started.............

Thanks to all who voted so far in the poll.

NB: If you have not yet voted in the poll, please vote now.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  434
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,226
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  0

Women should not get tattoos. Men should not get tattoos. This is not up for discussion,men nor women should get tattoos.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  434
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,226
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  0

American mom vs Eastern mom, I mean, come on.

@believeinHim

"it should be also obvious that a tattoo on a man's arm, or a tattoo on a man's body, Is different than a tattoo on a woman's arm, or a tattoo on a woman's arm.

There are several very nice ladies with tattoos, But I just think it is different. It is just different to me."

It may be obvious to you, but do you then think that there should be separate tattoo artists and tattoo parlors for men and for women?

On 4/5/2024 at 12:00 PM, Thewhitedove said:

That's absolutely true. My husband has several tattoos and I like them. I would just love a really nice design to cover my tattoo up but am scared of making it worse. 

I've had a rough year and would love something to commemorate the strength God gave me and grace he showed me through it, preferably using the quote about joy coming in the morning. I just need a guarantee it wouldn't be ugly!

@Thewhitedove

Sounds like you are a household that appreciates tattoo art.

Seems like it's so widely appreciated now. I read someplace that a Hollywood director wanted to re-create a 1950s beach scene (a time when not so many women were accustomed to becoming tattooed) and he was unable to find enough movie extras for the beach scene among young women who were not already tattooed. This was likely because it's become something that is regarded widely as desirable to do on becoming an adult.

If you do receive that Bible quote (a good one), make sure the tattoo artist spells it correctly!

@Tristen back a bit

"I have noticed that people with tattoos often have other random people approach them to ask about their tats. In the context of a faith-based tattoo, that can lead to a non-Christian opening the door to a discussion about the Gospel. I can therefore see some merit in that motive."

Since tattoos can easily become talking points, the onus is on the Christian tattooee to allow the faith based tattoo to become a talking point. Willingness to have a tattoo appointment for a faith based design is thus a logical extension of a believer's willingness to talk about his or her faith testimony to others.

A lot of Christians do seem to understand this logical extension to their willingness to testify.

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/5/2024 at 12:00 PM, Thewhitedove said:

I've had a rough year and would love something to commemorate the strength God gave me and grace he showed me through it, preferably using the quote about joy coming in the morning.

@Thewhitedove It's such a family thing sometimes, isn't it? getting tattooed.

@debrakay said: "I do have one little flower tattoo on my left shoulder commemorating my very first trip to Hawaii.  .. I have one granddaughter with a small angel tattoo and one grandson with several scripture tattoos. .. He already knows I approve of his choices of tattoo's.  He had told me his plan and then when he texted the photo I told him it was beautiful.  He is reserved and quiet and I know it is his way of being a testimony to his buddies and those who might ask. "

The strong desire to be tastefully tattooed, like you @Thewhitedove have been experiencing, is often such a family-related ongoing participated series of events, isn't it?

(As debrakay confirms.)

Posted (edited)

Hi @TheBlade

You said (back a bit) :

"I still remember the very young girl with all these beautiful tattoos and I complement her on them. She then looked sad saying its best to think before you get them. She never looked ahead and how she would feel just a few years later. We can add burdens to those that have them or make them feel condemned."

I do realize what you say about having it done rashly without proper forethought and ppl thus living to regret it.

Seems also like here on the thread there are those who plan to get tattooed who are indeed giving it a great deal of thought.

Indeed, @Tristen said:

"I have noticed that people with tattoos often have other random people approach them to ask about their tats. In the context of a faith-based tattoo, that can lead to a non-Christian opening the door to a discussion about the Gospel. I can therefore see some merit in that motive."

Edited by farouk