IGNORED

Eating Unclean Food Is an Abomination to the Lord!

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

28 Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; 

you shall be My people, and I will be your God. 

29 I will deliver you from all your uncleanness.

acts 7:2  And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,
3  And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.
4  Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell.
5  And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.

Heb 11:9  By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10  For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
11  Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
12  Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
13  These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

But didn't Abraham walk in and see the land of promise? Yes.

Ro 8:24  For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Ro 8:25  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

The double portion of the firstborn is the earthly, and also the heavenly.

Gentiles as the seed of Abraham have a portion of the heavenly, not the earthly. Which portion is the Better part which the firstborn has above his brethren.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.32
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.91
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

5 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

The double portion of the firstborn is the earthly, and also the heavenly.

For to whom much is entrusted, much is expected.

The blessing of Abram includes:

"I will bless you, and you will be a blessing".

Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look out

not only for his own interests,

but also for the interests of others.

The stewardship of the earthly has a direct impact

on the heavenly blessing received in Life.

Galatians 6:8 For he who sows to his flesh

will of the flesh reap corruption,

but he who sows to the Spirit

will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

For to whom much is entrusted, much is expected.

The blessing of Abram includes:

"I will bless you, and you will be a blessing".

Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look out

not only for his own interests,

but also for the interests of others.

The stewardship of the earthly has a direct impact

on the heavenly blessing received in Life.

Galatians 6:8 For he who sows to his flesh

will of the flesh reap corruption,

but he who sows to the Spirit

will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

Amen JD

Israel of the Flesh (circumcision) is to the benefit of all. I believe it is they who keep God's judgement on this earth, whereby he Judges the world.

Ge 18:25  That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Ge 18:19  For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Abraham's household was not just his natural seed
Ge 17:10  This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
Ge 17:12  And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
Ge 17:13  He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

• Interesting! 1

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  12.12
  • Days Won:  31

I think the NT would show that circumcision should not be compulsory now; cf. Galatians, etc.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.32
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.91
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

2 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

Amen JD

Who is JD?   :)

4 minutes ago, farouk said:

I think the NT would show that circumcision should not be compulsory now; cf. Galatians, etc.

We in Christ are not of the world.

Not all Israel is Israel.

But Israel is still called in Isaac. cannot be revoked

Lev 26: 41  And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:

The law cannot disannul......
42  Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.
43  The land also shall be left of them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths, while she lieth desolate without them: and they shall accept of the punishment of their iniquity: because, even because they despised my judgments, and because their soul abhorred my statutes.
44  And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the LORD their God.
45  But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD.

26 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Who is JD?   :)

Woops. I think I have done that twice now. So sorry Mr. M. I do not know why that stuck in my head. I apologize for that.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  205
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

@Bro.Tan as I read your opening post, I immediately thought of what the Lord told Peter.  In Acts 10 Peter saw a vision of all kinds of unclean animals being presented to him, and a voice which kept saying, "Arise Peter, kill and eat!" He responded, "Not so Lord, for I have never eaten anything impure or unclean."  This happened three times (Peter was always getting the x3 treatment!).

What was the Lord's response to Peter?

It's the New Covenant bro . . . the old one is done away with and superseded in Christ.  Hallelujah! :hurrah:

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,060
  • Content Per Day:  3.30

4 hours ago, Anne2 said:

Scripture teaches God made two covenants with Abraham.

Genesis 15 and Genesis 17.

The law 430 after was not made with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

De 5:2  The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
De 5:3  The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

The "church" the result of the new covenant. To fulfill the promise made to Abraham, of which the nations are included.

4:21  Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
22  For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23  But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24  Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Israel is the firstborn having two portions of inheritance among their brothers..

First earthly , the second heavenly. 

I see your thinking. The word "Covenant" means "a cutting". So the Covenant counts when it is ratified by blood. God made one such Covenant with Abraham, but added promises in later Chapters. In the rest of the Bible, as you nicely showed in Galatians, the Covenant of Promise was a single Covenant - "ONE Covenant". But it was made with Abraham "and his seed", which turned into Israel. The "cutting" of Sinai was also one Covenant, made with Israel alone. Thus, we have TWO Covenants made with Israel. In allegory, as Galatians above indicates, there are TWO Covenants.

The New Covenant is made exclusively with the combined Houses of Israel and Judah (Jer.31:31-33). It is made to replace that of Sinai. The Law is the same (as one jot and one tittle will not be missing) but the Covenant is new.

The reason that many Christian teachers teach that the Church is part of the new Covenant is because our Lord presented a symbol of His blood at the so-called last supper. Christ's blood was for the forgiveness of sins ( for the world - Jn.1:29, 1st Jn.2:2) AND it was the "cutting" or RATIFICATION of the New Covenant with Israel. Our Lord's blood was for a number of things, for instance, it was for the cry of Abel's blood so that God can lift the curse on the earth during the Millennium.

It is true that the Covenant of Promise, made with Abraham, pertains to the Nations. They will benefit from the new government when Christ sets up His Kingdom. The Church is another matter. According to Galatians 3:29 the Believers are HEIRS to the Promise because they are Christ's. This occurred when Christ died as the grain of Wheat in John 12:24 and released the many grains. This way, the Church become Heirs to the Covenant of Promise WITHOUT becoming Jews. God secures this status a further THREE TIMES, (i) by birth to God (Jn.1:12-13), and (ii) by adoption (Eph.1:5) and (iii) by including us in the Commonwealth of Israel. A Commonwealth is a system whereby OTHER nations get trading privileges WITHOUT becoming citizens, and WITHOUT being subject to the laws of the host nation. This is a masterpiece of tactics by God. The Church enters all the PROMISES of one Covenant WITHOUT having to become Jews and be subject to the Law.

Your last statement puzzles me. Maybe you can provide some scriptures to show that Israel is "brother" to the Church. Israel's "fathers" (plural) are them who came out of Egypt (Jer.31:31-33). the Father (single) of the Church is God (Jn.20:17). Our Lord Jesus is adamant about this when He rejects His mother and fleshly brethren at the end of Matthew 12. Paul confirms this in Romans 9:3-4 where they are HIS brethren, BUT "according to the flesh".

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

I see your thinking. The word "Covenant" means "a cutting". So the Covenant counts when it is ratified by blood.

The covenants made with Abraham speak of Heirs and inheritance. I do not know what you mean by ratified by blood, and that making it count?

Scripture teaches it is the "oath which God sware" which ratified or established the covenant. Making it IMMUTABLE  to the Heirs.

Heb 6:16  For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.
17  Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

Which the covenant cannot be added to, nor anything be taken away. Immutable
Ga 3:15  Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man’s covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

Abraham was promised to be made a father to many nations in Genesis 17. When a denial of these promised heirs takes them away from that covenant doesn't it? Whom God promised to Abraham were Nations.

Genesis 15 speaks of the land of the fourth generation of his seed. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as well as the twelve patriarchs will be dead.

Abraham is dead  See Hebrews these all died

Gen 15:15  And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.

The 1st-3rd generation is dead
16  But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.

Ex 1:5  And all the souls that came out of the loins of Jacob were seventy souls: for Joseph was in Egypt already.
6  And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation.

But Joseph knew this and understood this.

Ge 50:25  And Joseph took an oath of the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you, and ye shall carry up my bones from hence.

Which Moses did.
Ex 13:19  And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him: for he had straitly sworn the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you; and ye shall carry up my bones away hence with you.
If we look at Hebrews, it lists those righteous by faith the list begins going back clear to Abel

When God told Abraham told Abraham of his death in this covenant, he also said HE WOULD LIE WITH HIS FATHERS. Who were the Fathers of Abraham here? The list of those righteous by faith in Hebrews 11 go clear back to Abel, the son of Adam. Abel, Enoch, Noah... 

Heb 11:7  By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Edited by Anne2