IGNORED

The Names and Titles of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I thought as we continue to think of more names and titles of our Lord, that we would need a list of those already posted every now and then.

The Lord Jesus Christ.

Excellent name.

Lord, King, High Priest, Prince, 

The last Adam,

Apostle, Teacher,

Shepherd and door of the sheep.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  2

I am ALPHA and OMEGA, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 1:8

I am ALPHA and OMEGA, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Revelation 22:13

And he said unto me, It is done. I am ALPHA and OMEGA, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Revelation 21:6

Saying, I am ALPHA and OMEGA, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Revelation 1:11

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

These things "saith" the Amen Rev 3:14

The implications of the meaning of `Amen,` `so be it,` is only fulfilled in Christ as He is the only One that fully comprehended the mind of God, faithfully conformed to the will of God and finally confirmed the Word of God. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, itty-bitty lamb said:

I am ALPHA and OMEGA, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 1:8

I am ALPHA and OMEGA, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Revelation 22:13

And he said unto me, It is done. I am ALPHA and OMEGA, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Revelation 21:6

Saying, I am ALPHA and OMEGA, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Revelation 1:11

The Alpha & Omega  - His Omniscience.

Christ is the whole alphabet, from whom the entire vocabulary for expressing revealed truth is derived. All the treasures of wisdom & knowledge are in Him. (Col.2:3) There is no such thing as knowledge before Him & there cannot be any beyond Him.

Christ, as the Alpha & Omega, is the only way to spiritual secrets, (Rev.2:17) He is the key to unlock the treasures of truth, Himself the interpreter of the invisible, (Rev. 3: 7) & the Door of entrance to eternal enjoyment.    (Ps. 16:11     John 10:9)  

• Well Said! 2

The Beginning and the End - His Omnipresence. (Rev. 1: 8)

Christ commenced & will conclude all time periods. He conceived the duration of the ages & will yet crown & consummate the ages to come. Everything is under His control. And no event came before the exercise of His will & none will come after His counsel.

(1 Cor. 15: 28)

In Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; therefore outside of Christ there is no wider, broader, deeper, higher, greater or vaster measure or authority known. 

(Col. 2: 9 & 10)

• Thumbs Up 1

`Which is, was and is to come, the Almighty` - His Omnipotence.  (Rev. 1: 8)

The strength of Christ`s might & majesty transcend all others in ability & authority.  He is the competent & self-sufficient One in His almightiness.

When we pause to ponder His enormous energy, His great power, His awesome strength & might, these qualities with their tremendous potential causes us to tremble. But, when we turn & learn of the blended qualities of goodness, gracious care, glorious love which are lavished so freely, our fears depart for we view His heart.      (Eph. 2: 4 – 8)

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest AFlameOfFire
1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

The implications of the meaning of `Amen,` `so be it,` is only fulfilled in Christ as He is the only One that fully comprehended the mind of God, faithfully conformed to the will of God and finally confirmed the Word of God. 

So the Amen HAS NOT spoken there?

When he says thus saith the Amen?

Guest AFlameOfFire

Isaiah 55:4 Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people. (John 8:18)

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness
the beginning of the creation of God;

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Guest AFlameOfFire
2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Your first post has The LORD JEHOVAH as both shepherd and the good shepherd (Jesus Christ) doesn't it?

Because I think this is pretty cool, it says (as you have it quoted it)

Psalm 23:1 [[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD (JEHOVAH) is my shepherd; I shall not want.

And yet here is the LORD (JEHOVAH) Awakening a sword against the good shepherd Jesus Christ(John 10:14)

Zech 3:7 Awake, O sword, against MY shepherd, and against the man that is MY fellow, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH) of hosts: 
smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

Mark 14:27 And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, 
I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.

And this is cool, the words of the wise are given from one shepherd is spoken of here

Ecc 12:11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

And Jesus said his words were given to him of his Father

John 7:18 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

And we know the LORD is his Father

Psalm 110:1 [[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD (JEHOVAH) said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies 
thy footstool.

And

Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD (JEHOVAH) to bruise him (Jesus Christ); he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul 
an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD (JEHOVAH) shall prosper in his hand.