IGNORED

The Names and Titles of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

What is Jesus really like? HIs names reveal His true character. When we understand His love, compassion, and mercy, we will put our total trust in Jesus.

Let`s write one name or title and see how far we can go with exalting our Lord Jesus.

Just one at a time please so others can contribute. Later on we can each add another and so on with space to let others contribute.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jesus is the good shepherd who lays His life down for the sheep.

"The Lord is my shepherd." (Ps. 23: 1)

"I am the good shepherd......and I lay down My life for the sheep." (John 10: 11 & 15)

image.png.d44ad26e83f611e50c29db2f46415562.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,010
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

14 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Just one at a time please so others can contribute. Later on we can each add another and so on with space to let others contribute.

image.png.713ff1da035ed2ba1226fa12dbda6ce3.png

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  2

38 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

What is Jesus really like? HIs names reveal His true character. 

Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is EXCELLENT; his glory is above the earth and heaven.
Psalm 148:13

To the chief Musician upon Gittith, A Psalm of David. O LORD our Lord, how EXCELLENT is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
Psalm 8:1

O LORD our Lord, how EXCELLENT is thy name in all the earth!
Psalm 8:9

Praise Him for His mighty acts; Praise Him according to His EXCELLENT greatness!
Psalm 150:2

• Thumbs Up 3

Guest AFlameOfFire

He is also referred to as the Apostle and High Priest of our profession Hebrews 3:1

As Apostle, a messenger, as one sent forth with orders John 8:42, John 13:16, Heb 10:9

Called of God an high priest in Psalm 110:4 after the order of Melchizedek Heb 5:10

Which by interpretation is King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem,

which is, King of peace Hebrews 7:2  The Kingdom of God consists of both (righteousness and peace)

and joy in the Holy Ghost  Romans 14:17 which we also receive through Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. Jeremiah 23:6

• Thumbs Up 2

Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far. What a great start. There are over 250 names and titles of the Lord, so there is much to learn of our precious Lord and Saviour. I`m reminded that for the Body of Christ to come to maturity it is by the Holy Spirit

`Till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect, (mature) man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ...` (Eph. 4: 13)

So, as we meditate on Him then we are enlarged and changed from `glory to glory.` 

@itty-bitty lamb gave us the wonderful word of `excellent` that God`s word uses to describe the Lord`s name and nature. One of its meanings is - `addiyr,` powerful, famous, gallant, glorious, noble, worthy.

Then I presented the Lord as the good shepherd and not the bad one that leads us astray, but cares for us daily.  

Michael then followed that up with Jesus being the `door` of the sheepfold. Wonderful to know that not only is He the entrance but the protector of us all.

AFlameOfFire gave us the Lord as the Apostle, (King) High Priest, King of Righteous and King of Peace. And we know that this is the order that we have in Christ - Kingpriests. 

PATrobas presented the Lord our Righteousness. What a wonderful truth that is.

So, well done so far.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Guest AFlameOfFire

I'll add one more if its not too early to do so

The Messianic Prince (Dan 9:25 & 26, John 16:7, John 1:41, 3:25-26) His anointed Psalm 2:2, Isaiah 61:1, Luke 4:18, Acts 10:3, 
His Christ (Luke 9:20, Acts 2:36, Acts 4:26, 1 Cr 3:23, Rev 11:15, Rev 12:10) His king Psalm 2:6, Mat 25:34, 1 Tim 6:15

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.16
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

The first name that came to me was "Last Adam" in 1st Corinthians 15:45.  He brought to a close all that was off with the first Adam and the race that came from him - therefore the entire old creation was taken care of and terminated in Him!

And the rest of that verse says the last Adam "became a life-giving Spirit." This way He can now get into us and make us children of God . . . the new creation!

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,279
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

The Lord is our Teacher.

Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is comfortable, and My burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30 NASB)

But as for you, do not be called Rabbi; for only One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers and sisters. And do not call anyone on earth your father; for only One is your Father, He who is in heaven. And do not be called leaders; for only One is your Leader, that is, Christ. But the greatest of you shall be your servant. Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled, and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted. (Matthew 23:8-12 NASB)

• Thumbs Up 2