• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everyone,

I am truly laying myself out here with what I am about to post.  I have been struggling with my relationship with God, I met Kwik and it began to clear up. How is that one can struggle with their relationship with God and then feel complete peace when you know you have not been a Godly person? I have always had a relationship with God and have been saved a long time, yet in the past few months never felt so distant from him. 

It is almost as if you feel like the other shoe is going to drop but you don't know when. Since meeting Kwik my faith in people has been restored because of who she is in Christ, she has shown me that there are still good people out there. I am still trying to understand how things can be going so smoothly with out fear that because of my past actions the devil will come into play. I hope I am making sense. 

I am glad I have this community to convers with thank you to all of you 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.32
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.91
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

1 hour ago, Bella23 said:

Hello everyone,

I am truly laying myself out here with what I am about to post.  I have been struggling with my relationship with God, I met Kwik and it began to clear up. How is that one can struggle with their relationship with God and then feel complete peace when you know you have not been a Godly person? I have always had a relationship with God and have been saved a long time, yet in the past few months never felt so distant from him. 

It is almost as if you feel like the other shoe is going to drop but you don't know when. Since meeting Kwik my faith in people has been restored because of who she is in Christ, she has shown me that there are still good people out there. I am still trying to understand how things can be going so smoothly with out fear that because of my past actions the devil will come into play. I hope I am making sense. 

1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks:

for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

May you always stand perfect and complete in all the Will of God.

Mark 3:35 For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,416
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Hello, welcome to the forum. You made sense to me and some of this is very relatable to me.

If you feel distant from God hen by all means self examine, but quite often it's just our imaginations, doubts, and worries creeping in and part of a natural ebb and flow of our emotions. Our feelings for the people in our lives wax and wane. We can be all lovey dovey about someone one day and then a lot less so the next. It's a normal human thing, so trust in God's promises over what you feel at any given time. It's nice when they line up but that's not a constant.

So far as your past actions go the devil will come into play at times. Like the Bible says he aims to steal, kill, and destroy. He won't play fair and bringing up your past can be a tactic he uses. But like I said, trust in God's promises over what you feel. We see some powerful examples of forgiveness. Paul persecuted Christians and in doing so had a hand in the awful things that were done to Christians in his day and age. Peter walked with Jesus in person yet doubted Him even as they walked on water together and denied Him to save his own skin. God forgave them and greatly used both regardless of that. You'd be hard pressed to have done worse than them.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

2 hours ago, Bella23 said:

Hello everyone,

I am so glad our sister kwik was able to help you. There are a million things out there to trip us up and we all occasionally trip. Head games abound. One thing I know. This is NOTHING you could have done that can't be forgiven. In fact, I'll bet the things you have done are small in comparison to a few here, if there is such a thing as a "small" sin. You're covered sister under the blood of the lamb.

Glad to have you here on the forum!  We are weak, but He is strong. Not sometimes. ALL the time. He is working when we can't see Him working. The God of saved rescued lives who works both in and through us never gives up. Remember the parable of the lost sheep. He goes OUT OF HIS way to pursue you and is overjoyed when you return. Remember this isn't His world system right now. He is allowing it to birth the new kingdom we will be in. To do things the way of the sheeple is to follow the present god of this world.

We are better than that. We work for the opposition that has already planted the fatal blow on the cross. We are VICTORIOUS!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  12.12
  • Days Won:  31

13 hours ago, Bella23 said:

Hello everyone,

Hi @Bella23 Prayer and the Scriptures daily can be a really strengthening and encouraging experience, as we become more and more encouraged in the things of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,509
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Good morning Bella23, and welcome to the forum.

AnOrangeCat pretty much hit the nail on the head. Many of us, I am sure, go through the same thing. As human beings, we are endowed with feelings and emotions that change on a whim. As you know, we are not saved or operate by our feelings and emotions, but faith and trust in the grounded Word of God.

The devil comes to steal, rob, destroy, and shoot fiery darts at us, trying to rob us of our joy and eternal security and cast doubts. Ephesians 6:10-18 is our God-given defense against these attacks.

Please do not feel you are laying yourself out there. This forum is a gathering place and community of those who love the Lord. As you mentioned, Kwik, some fine, worthy ministers are here eager to help you. As Christians, we are to edify, uplift one another, and help wherever possible.

For those times when you do not want to discuss something publicly, we have private mail (PM) on this forum to confide with someone one-on-one.

It would be too long to mention my history and actions other than to say I was a prince of sinners. The Lord tells us not to dwell on our past and to march forward as Christian soldiers. Our sins and past have been removed as far as East is from West; those directions can never meet.

Philippians 4:4 (KJV) Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

On 12/5/2023 at 8:36 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Good morning Bella23, and welcome to the forum.

AnOrangeCat pretty much hit the nail on the head. Many of us, I am sure, go through the same thing. As human beings, we are endowed with feelings and emotions that change on a whim. As you know, we are not saved or operate by our feelings and emotions, but faith and trust in the grounded Word of God.

The devil comes to steal, rob, destroy, and shoot fiery darts at us, trying to rob us of our joy and eternal security and cast doubts. Ephesians 6:10-18 is our God-given defense against these attacks.

Please do not feel you are laying yourself out there. This forum is a gathering place and community of those who love the Lord. As you mentioned, Kwik, some fine, worthy ministers are here eager to help you. As Christians, we are to edify, uplift one another, and help wherever possible.

For those times when you do not want to discuss something publicly, we have private mail (PM) on this forum to confide with someone one-on-one.

It would be too long to mention my history and actions other than to say I was a prince of sinners. The Lord tells us not to dwell on our past and to march forward as Christian soldiers. Our sins and past have been removed as far as East is from West; those directions can never meet.

Philippians 4:4 (KJV) Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and insite to what I have been feeling. I always have to remember that I am blessed beyond measure and that the devil is at every turn trying to pull me to his ways. I have been struggling and I am working on it. Being here and reading what is wriiten and knowing that it is in faith and God's word gives me comfort. Thank you very much!!!