IGNORED

The Incarnation - How Incredibly Awesome is that!?!?

Vine Abider

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,429
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

This morning I was musing on the incarnation of God . . . how wonderfully amazing is that!?  It is the beginning of his grand purpose to rescue mankind back into fellowship with Him so we may take our rightful place --> many sons brought into glory!

I've been all over the place over the years, thinking about the whole Christmas thing and its roots, from it's a horrible holiday to general indifference to (sort of) celebrating.  But now I just want to be thankful and extoll the Lord and praise Him that GOD BECAME A MAN!

Hallelujah!!!

:emot-highfive::clap::hurrah:

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,587
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I guess it is as incredible and awesome as; “Abram believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness.”

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

7 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

This morning I was musing on the incarnation of God . . . how wonderfully amazing is that!?  It is the beginning of his grand purpose to rescue mankind back into fellowship with Him so we may take our rightful place --> many sons brought into glory!

I've been all over the place over the years, thinking about the whole Christmas thing and its roots, from it's a horrible holiday to general indifference to (sort of) celebrating.  But now I just want to be thankful and extoll the Lord and praise Him that GOD BECAME A MAN!

Hallelujah!!!

:emot-highfive::clap::hurrah:

Just this morning I caught David Jeremiah's Turning Point broadcast on Star Radio here in NZ, a station that plays online as well as on air. He was talking about Christ being the son of Mary as well as the Son of God, and experienced being human in everyday things. DJ mentioned that Mary didn't try and prevent Christ's crucifixion by issuing a disclaimer regarding Jesus just being her son and not God's.

References courtesy of BingChat:

The phrase “Son of God” is used in the Bible to refer to Jesus Christ, who is believed by Christians to be the Son of God and the second person of the Trinity. The phrase appears in both the Old and New Testaments of the Bible. Here are some references to the “Son of God” in the New Testament:

• 1 Corinthians 15:28: “When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.”
  • Psalm 2:7: “I will surely tell of the decree of the Lord: He said to Me, ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.’”
  • Hebrews 1:5: “For to which of the angels did He ever say, “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”? And again,“I will be a Father to Him And He shall be a Son to Me”?”
  • Matthew 3:17: “and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased.””
  • Matthew 17:5: “While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!””
  • Mark 1:11: “and a voice came out of the heavens: “You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.””
  • John 1:14: “And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.”
  • 1 John 4:10: “In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.”
  • John 14:13: “Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.”
  • John 5:19: “Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.”
  • John 5:26: “For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;”
  • Mark 14:61: “But He kept silent and did not answer. Again the high priest was questioning Him, and saying to Him, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?””
  • Mark 5:7: “and shouting with a loud voice, he *said, “What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God, do not torment me!””
  • Luke 8:28: “Seeing Jesus, he cried out and fell before Him, and said in a loud voice, “What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me.””
  • Acts 13:33: “that God has fulfilled this promise to our children in that He raised up Jesus, as it is also written in the second Psalm, ‘You are My Son; today i have begotten You.’”
  • Hebrews 5:5: “So also Christ did not glorify Himself so as to become a high priest, but He who said to Him, “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”;”
  • Mark 9:7: “Then a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud, “This is My beloved Son, listen to Him!””
  • Luke 3:22: “and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.””

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

Amen!  Without the incarnation there would be NO forgiveness of sins, and none of this on Worthy would matter or even be here

• Well Said! 1

27 minutes ago, Ray12614 said:

Amen!  Without the incarnation there would be NO forgiveness of sins, and none of this on Worthy would matter or even be here

Yes, and it's hard to get my mind wrapped around the fact that the almighty and infinite God chose to be in the finite flesh of man . . . the Creator becomes a creature!  But He did so to demonstrate His great love for us --> He saw us wallowing in our own blood and came to personally rescue us, and through it all restore us to our God-given position.

As the song exclaims: "Amazing love! How can it be, that Thou my God shouldst die for me!?"

• Well Said! 1

13 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Just this morning I caught David Jeremiah's Turning Point broadcast on Star Radio here in NZ, a station that plays online as well as on air. He was talking about Christ being the son of Mary as well as the Son of God, and experienced being human in everyday things. DJ mentioned that Mary didn't try and prevent Christ's crucifixion by issuing a disclaimer regarding Jesus just being her son and not God's.

That's an interesting thought about Mary not contesting. It's the same with all the eyewitnesses, many who went to their deaths testifying that He was, in fact, the Son of God.  And that it all happened as portrayed. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Wesley's  words cannot be beaten.

Our God contracted to a span, incomprehensible made man.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,587
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

Incarnation is also a term used to describe other appearances of Yeshua, but the birth of God as man, Yeshua, is indeed different from those other possible appearances, whether they be actual appearances of God as man or  something else altogether.

Though it was not the "beginning" in the sense of salvation  for mankind, there being what is often called  Old Testament saints, Yeshua  is the "kingdom come". For God has come to take on death itself to himself, defeating it for our eternal benefit and His glory.

Awesome? Yes! Humbling? Yes that too.

• Praise God! 1