IGNORED

The Body of Christ`s destiny - heaven or earth?

George

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,036
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Thank you Ad Hoc. And I appreciate your scholarly work. Now I agree that the symbolic wedding feast is on the earth. It is between the Lord and Israel as shown in the book of Ruth.

When Boaz, a kinsman of Naomi`s husband looked at the facts he determined to undertake the duties of a kinsman on behalf of Ruth. However, there was a closer kinsman that needed to be addressed.

These are the four requirements that Boaz needed to do to acquire the land and Ruth.

1.           Proof of Relationship.

Boaz was a mighty man of wealth, of the family of Elimelech. He was a kinsman. (Ruth 2: 1)

2.           Uphold God`s Law.

Boaz took ten men of the elders of the city to oversee the transaction. (Ruth 4: 2)

3.           Clear the debt.

Boaz asked the closer kinsman if he desired to redeem the parcel of land of his brother Elimelech. He also said that the transaction included the marriage to Ruth. The closer kinsman declined to redeem the land and Ruth thus not becoming the kinsman-redeemer. Boaz however, chose to redeem the land and to take Ruth as his wife. (Ruth 4: 4 - 12)

4.           Consummate the marriage union.

Boaz took Ruth for His wife and she bore a son to him, Obed, and he begat Jesse the father of David.  (Ruth 4: 13 - 22) From this line Jesus was born. (Matt. 1: 1 - 16)

The Lord Jesus Christ has accomplished the first 3 requirements and will fulfill the last one – the `marriage to Israel,` when He returns to deliver them.

Unfortunately, you did not take into account that Ruth was a Gentile. But I'm glad you did admit that the Groom will be on earth for the Millennium. Just makes sense to have the King on site.

But thanks for the compliments. It's nice, even when we know that a man has nothing that the Lord didn't give him.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 minute ago, AdHoc said:

Unfortunately, you did not take into account that Ruth was a Gentile. But I'm glad you did admit that the Groom will be on earth for the Millennium. Just makes sense to have the King on site.

But thanks for the compliments. It's nice, even when we know that a man has nothing that the Lord didn't give him.

Ruth became a `Jew` by being received into the nation of Israel. Also, remember that Israel came from the Gentiles. 

NB. I was editing when you replied. You may like to see my added part. 

41 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Ruth became a `Jew` by being received into the nation of Israel. Also, remember that Israel came from the Gentiles. 

NB. I was editing when you replied. You may like to see my added part. 

That's just it. The Moabite was banned from entry into the congregation of Israel till the tenth generation. She could take Jehovah as her God anytime. She was obliged by Law to keep it while in Israel's borders. But when did she become Jew? And Boaz was "kinsman", not to Ruth, but to Naomi. Another Law made it possible for Boaz to take Ruth.

If I read your edit without much context, I might miss your point. So let me just give my view and the differences will emerge.

The Priesthood of Israel was given to Levi and the High Priesthood to the house of Aaron. I am aware of the of the change of line at Eli's time, but it makes no difference to our discussion. Aaron's line was anchored by the Law of Moses in Covenant.

The Hebrews are written so sternly to because they were weighing up returning to Moses. But they had already converted to Christ and He had, become their High Priest of the Heavenly Tabernacle. If they turned back to Moses it would need a change of Law to retain Jesus as High Priest. But there can be no change of Law. That's what is meant by the author of Hebrews.

Now, to your statement. Jesus did not have to go back to heaven to become, or remain High Priest. He is High Priest of ANOTHER Tabernacle and ANOTHER ORDER - not Aaron the Levite, but MELCHIZEDEK. And Melchizedek was High Priest and King ON THE EARTH (Salem). Jesus' ministry in the heavenly Tabernacle is OVER by the rapture. The Church has their glorious bodies. Jesus's ministry as Priest is FOR THIS AGE, and His ministry as KING is for the next.. Acts 15:14-16 has Him concentrating fully on restoring the House of DAVID - not the Church.

Oh, thanks for that detail about Ruth. Now the main thing about the kinsman redeemer is that Christ redeems the land and the people, Israel.

As to the Lord being of the order of Melchizedek, Kingpriest, He `remains a priest continually. ` (Heb. 7: 3) I understand what you are saying about the Lord operating as High Priest now and later as King, however, He has those two offices forever.

Just because Melchizedek was a kingpriest on the earth does not make the Lord the Kingpriest on the earth. He is King of Righteousness and King of Peace, and that is needed throughout ALL of God`s great kingdom.

As King, Christ is over all God`s great kingdom from the third heaven, in the universe and also on the earth.

As High Priest, (therefore with other priests) Christ offers the praise and worship of the people to God the Father throughout eternity.

Acts 15: 14 – 16. I agree that the Lord will restore the house of David in the millennium. As you would know the Council at Jerusalem met to discuss the matter of the Gentiles and them being circumcised. Certain brethren had taught that the Gentiles needed to do this.

The Apostle Peter spoke of how he had gone to the Gentiles and saw that the Holy Spirit had fallen on them, and thus why were they (the Jews) putting a yoke on the Gentiles that their fathers couldn`t bear.

Then when the Apostle Paul spoke concerning his ministry among the Gentiles, he quoted the Old Testament that included the Gentiles in God`s plan.  

And you are right that God will then be focussing on restoring David`s Tabernacle and not the Church, the Body of Christ. Why? Because the Body of Christ will already be with the Lord as Kingpriests, also, on His throne in the third heaven ruling and reigning with Him in the millennium.

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Oh, thanks for that detail about Ruth. Now the main thing about the kinsman redeemer is that Christ redeems the land and the people, Israel.

As to the Lord being of the order of Melchizedek, Kingpriest, He `remains a priest continually. ` (Heb. 7: 3) I understand what you are saying about the Lord operating as High Priest now and later as King, however, He has those two offices forever.

Just because Melchizedek was a kingpriest on the earth does not make the Lord the Kingpriest on the earth. He is King of Righteousness and King of Peace, and that is needed throughout ALL of God`s great kingdom.

As King, Christ is over all God`s great kingdom from the third heaven, in the universe and also on the earth.

As High Priest, (therefore with other priests) Christ offers the praise and worship of the people to God the Father throughout eternity.

Acts 15: 14 – 16. I agree that the Lord will restore the house of David in the millennium. As you would know the Council at Jerusalem met to discuss the matter of the Gentiles and them being circumcised. Certain brethren had taught that the Gentiles needed to do this.

The Apostle Peter spoke of how he had gone to the Gentiles and saw that the Holy Spirit had fallen on them, and thus why were they (the Jews) putting a yoke on the Gentiles that their fathers couldn`t bear.

Then when the Apostle Paul spoke concerning his ministry among the Gentiles, he quoted the Old Testament that included the Gentiles in God`s plan.  

And you are right that God will then be focussing on restoring David`s Tabernacle and not the Church, the Body of Christ. Why? Because the Body of Christ will already be with the Lord as Kingpriests, also, on His throne in the third heaven ruling and reigning with Him in the millennium.

We seem to have exhausted our debate. We are starting to the get involved in other themes. They are surely interesting but have little to do with our theme. It's been nice to swap ideas with you, although most of them have been addressed in previous discussions. But, if you feel that more can be said, why, I'm here (Lord willing).

And George @George, thanks for setting things up.

Go well sister.

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

We seem to have exhausted our debate. We are starting to the get involved in other themes. They are surely interesting but have little to do with our theme. It's been nice to swap ideas with you, although most of them have been addressed in previous discussions. But, if you feel that more can be said, why, I'm here (Lord willing).

And George @George, thanks for setting things up.

Go well sister.

Thank you Ad Hoc and thank you for responding to have this debate. We have both shared what we believe from God`s word and it will all come clear when we are with the Lord.

So, just summing up.

Christ`s Righteous Rulership throughout God`s Great Kingdom in Eternity.

Every one of the three heavens will have Christ`s righteous rulership – third heaven, the Universe and earth with its atmospheric heaven. Christ made `thrones and dominions,` (Col. 1: 16) and He set His righteous rulers in each realm.

1.     The Earth & its atmosphere – Israel over the nations.

2.     The Universe – The New Jerusalem which comes down out of the third heaven from God.

3.     The Third heaven – the Lord and His Body.  

Thus, I believe that the Body of Christ`s destiny will be with the Lord in the third heaven.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne…` (Rev. 3: 21)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Thank you Ad Hoc and thank you for responding to have this debate. We have both shared what we believe from God`s word and it will all come clear when we are with the Lord.

So, just summing up.

Christ`s Righteous Rulership throughout God`s Great Kingdom in Eternity.

Every one of the three heavens will have Christ`s righteous rulership – third heaven, the Universe and earth with its atmospheric heaven. Christ made `thrones and dominions,` (Col. 1: 16) and He set His righteous rulers in each realm.

1.     The Earth & its atmosphere – Israel over the nations.

2.     The Universe – The New Jerusalem which comes down out of the third heaven from God.

3.     The Third heaven – the Lord and His Body.  

Thus, I believe that the Body of Christ`s destiny will be with the Lord in the third heaven.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne…` (Rev. 3: 21)

O.K. I too will sum up.

God throne is "above the highest heaven" (Eph.4:10)

All Government proceeds from heaven.

The last governor of earth, Lucifer, was unrighteous and chaotic

God made man to rule the earth, sea and sky - NOT HEAVEN (Gen.1:26-28)

Man is earthly so he needs a birth from "above" to make Him eligible

Men of FAITH are promised THE LAND (Rom.4:13)

Men of RIGHTEOUSNESS will be co-kings with Christ (Lk.19:17-19)

Christ will live in Jerusalem after His return

Israel will be restored and SERVE him (Lk.1:74)

While Jesus was here the Kingdom "was among (in) us". When He went to heaven the Gentiles rule. A King must be present to have a Kingdom

After returning in glory and setting up His Throne on earth, there is not a shred of evidence that Jesus returns to heaven.

Though we differ drastically, I esteem my opponent highly

• Thanks 1