Titus Stahl

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I joined this forum in hopes of finding great content and learning more about spiritual gifts. So far, I have not been disappointed. Wonderful biblical insights and wisdom! God did something truly amazing in my life, and I would like to use this opportunity to share it with others. I wrote a short, 2500-word book describing this experience. It is called "My Baptism in the Holy Spirit: A personal testimony" by Titus Stahl". [Admin: Advertising link removed] 

Edited by Michael37
Link Not Approved

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Can I ask you a question please don't be offended. Was this mainly to sell your book? Well you could have easily just posted your testimony. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Thank you for asking in a polite manner. No, sir. While it is just 2500 words, publishing my testimony in a book seemed like the best way to get the story out to more people. I have shared it on forums and social platforms many times free of charge. Besides, having a small paperback lying around the house can be picked up and read by anyone even though they never purchased it, for years to come. One of my dreams is to become an author, so I thought this would be a great opportunity to get one foot in the door, so to speak.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 12/17/2023 at 4:03 PM, TheBlade said:

Can I ask you a question please don't be offended. Was this mainly to sell your book? Well you could have easily just posted your testimony. 

I've written a few books myself.

Is it now appropriate to advertise one's literature on these pages so as to garner a profit from gullible types who believe anything they read?

People who tred upon the desire of others for some sort of spiritual circus act or to obtain the approval of other men are not the sort of people from whom one can learn truth.

Instead of learning spiritual magic to impress one's friends at the next fellowship meeting, it might be more spiritually efficacious to learn what pleases God instead.

Or is pleasing God now something that's not important to anyone?

Are we all so fervent to obtain gifts of the spirit from God that we cannot embrace the subtle rewards of pleasing God and giving to Him (by faith) instead?

The post-modern church today has so corrupted itself that pleasing the congregation rather than God is the primary focus of ministry.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....  (Isaiah 6:9-10)

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, choir loft said:

Is it now appropriate to advertise one's literature on these pages so as to garner a profit from gullible types who believe anything they read?

No, and thanks for bringing this to my attention. I've removed the advertising link.