• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,202
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

1 hour ago, Yes, and said:

Hi, @Renskedejonge! Would you be willing to edit your last paragraph a tad for a little more clarity? Was "ssssht ssshtsssht" meant to be a polite way to say the s-word or did it mean something else? Whose house is big and fatzo? Who moved? Who sang? And did you post the video on YT or elsewhere such that we could see it (even if it's in Dutch—which I assume given your screen name and location. FWIW I lived in Belgium for 5 months in '93-'94).

I think next time I post I will respond to your post more with the topic at hand in mind, because it raises a major aspect of my inquiry which @jeremiah1five's posts in this thread (unwittingly?) raise. It's just that his (her?) posts, being immediately dismissive and preachy, failed to further the topic appropriately.

Sssht is be quiet. I thought they said that everywhere? Sssh talk soft don't laugh or the neighbour will threaten and complain. She had the ones before me kicked out with her constant complaining and threatened to have us kicked out too.

I had a house for one family with 3 bedrooms and only 2 neighbours and a garden, but then my ex, who lived in our old house, moved with the kids, so I had to move too if I wanted to keep seeing them half the time and here you could only get this flat with one bedroom for 4. She said the kids were not allowed to make noise, but they were allowed to sing and play the flute, so then son said: hey she said we could sing and he scream sang because he was fed up of me sssh ing him and telling him to be quiet so she wouldnt whine at my head. I only saved it in my own Google photos. Didn't put it on youtube.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

@Neighbor: let me ask you a bit more personal question or two. Are you of Scots-Irish descent and if American, what would you consider your "home place" geographically speaking? Whether Scots-Irish or not, what are your family ethinc roots and where do your parents and grandparents hail from? I've gathered you are on the north side of 60 (I'm 61). Correct?

Who would you call your best friend? And puh-lease, don't say "Jesus"! Or Fred Rogers. ;-) Tell me about that friendship.

5 minutes ago, Renskedejonge said:

Sssht is be quiet. I thought they said that everywhere? Sssh talk soft don't laugh or the neighbour will threaten and complain. She had the ones before me kicked out with her constant complaining and threatened to have us kicked out too.

I had a house for one family with 3 bedrooms and only 2 neighbours and a garden, but then my ex, who lived in our old house, moved with the kids, so I had to move too if I wanted to keep seeing them half the time and here you could only get this flat with one bedroom for 4. She said the kids were not allowed to make noise, but they were allowed to sing and play the flute, so then son said: hey she said we could sing and he scream sang because he was fed up of me sssh ing him and telling him to be quiet so she wouldnt whine at my head. I only saved it in my own Google photos. Didn't put it on youtube.

Now I understand, and now I'm laughing. Thanks for that!

Americans don't typically put a 't' at the end. It's usu. just Shh. Or add another 'h' or two or three for a very long, drawn out version. The 't' is what threw me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,714
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 hours ago, Yes, and said:

@Neighbor: let me ask you a bit more personal question or two. Are you of Scots-Irish descent and if American, what would you consider your "home place" geographically speaking? Whether Scots-Irish or not, what are your family ethinc roots and where do your parents and grandparents hail from? I've gathered you are on the north side of 60 (I'm 61). Correct?

Who would you call your best friend? And puh-lease, don't say "Jesus"! Or Fred Rogers. ;-) Tell me about that friendship.

Hi, and ha  chuckle snork, yes north of 60, north of chronological true north  too; but then  80's are the new 50's; so what is in chronological age anyway?

My geographical home place? Well hard to say, wherever the Holy Spirit leads is the true answer to that one. So far that is pretty much within the USA from coast to coast to coast again, as called to go by the Holy Spirit, with my never knowing the details of why, before I am led and then arrive at my new post.

That makes having a geographical best friend not a realistic question to answer. I have had many  good  close friends, most no longer here in the flesh, but strong in my memory, with the association and the times of sharing being treasures  for which I thank God.

Today I do not have a best friend that is not either related or are a marriage partner. My closest human companions are family, again for which I give thanks to God, especially so for my Russian catalog bride, my wife of my older years. Prior that it was my childhood sweetheart and life mate bride of 46 years.

Ethnicity? Well, don't truly know; I did the ancestry and DNA thing as a favor to a relative, and it just got confusing. In part I am the son of a daughter of a daughter of an abandoned waif. Ancestry it seems becomes not a tree but a vastly wide bramble bush, near as I could chart it all.

Might be some Euro origins might be some Canadian native or indigenous etc etc. Some were involved in the American Colonist revolution against The Brits as seamen, others  shipbuilders and lumber men, and in America shoe manufacturing leather tranners supplying the leather, living in shoe factory supplied housing up to 17 per unit in apartment units that ran into the hundreds.

What we all seem to have had in common is that we were led to move often, and to work rather hard  and  in a few cases prosper financially by way of being rather inventive. I being an exception to being inventive, and instead mostly  "flexible". 

In my own lifetime I have had no less than six work careers,  I kinda keep looking  with at least one eye to see if I might yet be called into a seventh; but then again maybe it is not in the plan for me. I just keep eyes up, and mind and heart open so that if called I am ready to go without resisting,- excessively. 

I humbly say I do still have friends, not one best friend though. I think it is as easy to  very quickly become closely friendly with  a just met checkout cashier at a retail shop as it is with someone I have known for many decades that might still be alive.

And yet I do enjoy solitude. If it were not for  a few medical needs that keep me in a city  often, I would now be exclusively  in the Appalachian Mountains 25 miles from  the closest village traveling into town to be with what I now consider to be my home church body, as called by the Holy Spirit, as well as  at another 25 miles away at a home group all with common callings.

In my own lifetime I have had no less than six work careers, and  six diverse local church body callings. I kinda keep looking  with at least one eye to see if I might yet be called into a seventh career, but then again maybe it is not in the plan for me. I just keep eyes up, and mind and heart open so that if called I am ready to go without resisting.

Bet you wish now you had never asked LOL!

p.s. And yes I know my physically immediate next door neighbors, on the street as well as  on the trail, those places where I find myself to be  a "resident". 

Edited by Neighbor
modified the structure of a sentence

On 12/25/2023 at 3:55 AM, Neighbor said:

Bet you wish now you had never asked LOL!

As a matter of fact I am glad I asked. I find it helps to know a person's background like what you shared to better understand what the person says in forums like this. I also noted the time of day you posted this

On 12/25/2023 at 3:55 AM, Neighbor said:

north of chronological true north  too

Do I understand right from this you are saying you're older than 90?

~~~~

As I said to @Sower sometimes it takes me awhile to write new stuff and responses, so that's (almost) all I have for right now, but I'll be back.

7 hours ago, Yes, and said:

Do I understand right from this you are saying you're older than 90?

No, got another 10 years to get there, if it is in the plan for my own life this side of the grass.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

On 12/23/2023 at 7:46 PM, Sower said:

A slang word I use with my friends. I forgot who I was talking to. SO,

"Sorry brother, I can't handle all your strings".............default_cool2.gif.31ec4c09db8a122912b05cdc255874de.gif

Have a great day..

But you referenced me as friend.

Now what happened?

Psst...bring scissors.

(advice from a friend, brother, and dude.)

Edited by jeremiah1five
  • Thanks 1

Hmm,  I guess things  are worse than  they were in 2005, what with the aftermath  of the contrived pandemic being rather chaotic. 

But the origins of today's conditions seem to go much further back, a little more than a hundred years back. That is when a post Christian western civilization seems to have just popped up, and now is an anti Christian  Western civilization.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.59
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

But the origins of today's conditions seem to go much further back, a little more than a hundred years back. That is when a post Christian western civilization seems to have just popped up, and now is an anti Christian  Western civilization.

You always meed to consider proximate cause, that's where the liability for it lies.

2 hours ago, FJK said:

You always meed to consider proximate cause, that's where the liability for it lies.

I suggest that is John Dewey with the destructive affect on teaching; "My Pedagogic Creed".

---------------------------------------------

"There is no god and there is no
soul. Hence, there is no need for
the props of traditional religion.
With dogma and creed excluded,
then immutable truth is dead
and buried. There is no room
for fixed and natural law or
permanent moral absolutes." - John Dewey