rollinTHUNDER

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Matthew 24:13 is often quoted to refute Christian’s who believe in eternal security or “once saved – always saved” (OSAS).  Both sides of this hotly debated issue are popular, as there seems to be a 50/50 split among those who believe it has merit versus those who don’t.  One side believes our salvation is eternally secure once we accept and receive Christ as our Lord and savior, but it seems that just as many believe that we can lose our salvation.  Personally, I believe this scripture is most often misunderstood, misapplied and taken out of context.  In this post I hope to shed more light on this subject and share a completely different perspective, so let’s jump right into the scripture in context.

Matthew 24:9-14“Then they will hand you over to be persecuted and will kill you. And you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 Then many will fall away, and betray one another, and hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will rise and will deceive many. 12 Because iniquity will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.”

Where I differ greatly from most is that many people assume that Jesus was talking about our salvation and/or whether or not we can lose it.  However, I do not believe He was referring to our eternal salvation in the passage above. Sometimes words have several different meanings.  And in this case, there is an entirely different meaning for the word “saved.”  For instance, if we go into a burning house and save the occupants inside from death, this type of save is a rescue and has nothing to do with spiritual salvation.  Could this meaning possibly be what Jesus meant?  Why, yes, I believe it is exactly what He meant and now I’ll tell you why I believe this.  It is very important that we read the entire text if we want to properly understand what Jesus meant.  When I read the text in its entirety, I discovered that Matt. 24:13 is not the only time in this chapter that Jesus mentions the word “saved.”  When we continue reading further, we come to the second time Jesus used this word.  Lets take a look and then compare the two.

Matthew 24:21-22For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.

In my view, this second mention of the word makes it much clearer.  Jesus tells them about a future time of great tribulation, that will be unequaled in the history of the world.  It will be so distressing that if those days were not shortened, no flesh would be saved.  Some may assume that no flesh being saved would mean the extinction of all mankind on the earth if those days were not shortened, but I don’t see it that way at all.  Rather, I believe Jesus was alluding to all living Christians during this specific time (great tribulation) would be killed if those days weren’t shortened.  In other words, all living Christians would be killed if Christ doesn’t shorten those days.  He said it was for the sake of His elect that those days would be shortened, not for the sake of mankind.  Jesus warned of a coming persecution where Christians will be hated by all nations (global government) and killed for His namesake.  Revelation 13 tells us about the beast overcoming the saints.  This is why I believe Jesus warned that we must be ready, or worthy to be among His chosen (elect).

I believe the shortening of those days is alluding to the gathering together of His elect, when the sign of the Son of man appears and rescues those who are ready (rapture).  I don’t believe all Christian’s will be ready, however, as there will be just as many martyrs that will be overcome by the beast in those days.  Christ warned that two would be in the field in those days, one will be taken and the other left (lukewarm).  Two women will be grinding in the mill, one shall be taken and the other left.  It appears there will be a 50/50 split when the thief comes to break up the house, cutting it asunder (in two).  He also told us about the ten virgins, five were wise and five were foolish.

The gathering together of His elect (rapture) in Matt. 24:29-31 corresponds with what Paul said in 1 Thes. 4:16-17.  Many pastors and teachers talk about the rapture of the entire church, as if we will all be ready, but I cannot find any scripture that supports the entire church being raptured.  If that were so, then why did Jesus warn us all to keep watch and be ready and to not let anyone deceive you?  Why did He give all of the warnings and promises to those who overcome in the letters to the seven churches in Rev. 2 and 3?  This is why I believe it’s dangerous to assume we will all be ready.  Jesus left us with several clues in His parables, as to what He’ll be looking for in His elect.  Here’s one that is often overlooked.

Matt. 24:45-46Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.”

There are two mighty powerful clues in that short passage above that usually go unnoticed or get overlooked.  First, He promises “meat in due season,” which is a clue about the wedding supper for those who are ready; and second, He tells us that He’ll be looking for doers when He comes, not just hearers only.  Many believers assume they are ready, but Jesus is actually spelling it out for us in His parables, what it means to be ready and what He’ll be looking for when He returns to gather His elect.

Many teach that the church will be raptured, but be careful, for that is not what Jesus said.  He said that some will fall away, the elect will be gathered, and some will be left.  We should never forget the martyrs who will be killed for refusing the mark of the beast in the end, and Rev. 20 says that these martyrs will also reign with Christ when He returns.  The letters to the seven churches were written to believers, so lets not assume those who get left are the unbelievers.  It’s important to keep in mind that Matt. 24 & 25 was given as an answer to His disciple’s question about the sign of His coming and the end of the age (Matt. 24:3).  Christ will be the judge when He returns, and He was the only one that mentioned the cold, hot and lukewarm believers. What most people do not realize is that He also told us about all three of them in His answer to His disciples question about the sign of His coming and the end of the age in Matthew 24 & 25.  Let’s take a look at the cold first.

Matthew 24:10-13“Then many will fall away, and betray one another, and hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will rise and will deceive many. 12 Because iniquity will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.”

It appears to this writer that those who fall away or depart the faith will lose their positions in His kingdom, but I believe they will still be saved, as in keep their eternal salvation that Christ purchased with His blood.  Remember, salvation is a free gift, God’s unmerited favor, and we are not saved by our works, nor do we have to work to stay saved. We will, however, be judged according to our works, and we’ll be rewarded accordingly when He returns (2 Cor. 5:10, Matt. 16:27 & Rev. 22:12).  If one falls away after receiving Christ, God will not take His free gift back, but they will suffer loss of reward instead.  1 Cor. 3:15 reveals that some will be saved, yet only like one escaping through the flames.  Additionally, in Luke 12:46-48 Christ warned that there will also be punishments for some of His servants.  Why is it that no one ever teaches about this?

Luke 12:35-48 – “Let your waist be girded and your lights be burning, 36 and you be like men waiting for their master to return from the wedding banquet, so that they may open the door immediately for him when he comes and knocks. 37 Blessed are those servants whom the master will find watching when he comes. Truly I say to you, he will dress himself and have them sit down to dine, and he will come and serve them. 38 If he comes in the second watch, or comes in the third watch, and finds them so, blessed are those servants. 39 But know this: If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would have watched and not have allowed his house to be broken into. 40 Therefore be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”

41 Peter said to Him, “Lord, are You telling this parable to us, or to everyone?”

42 The Lord said, “Who then is the faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his house servants, to give them their portion of food at the proper time? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 44 Truly, I say to you, he will appoint him over all his possessions. 45 But if that servant says in his heart, ‘My master delays his coming,’ and begins to beat the house servants, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk, 46 the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not look for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him to pieces and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

47 That servant who knew his master’s will, but did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.48 But he who unknowingly committed acts worthy of punishment shall be beaten with few stripes. For to whom much is given, of him much shall be required. And from him to whom much was entrusted, much will be asked.

1 Corinthians 3:12-15“Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.”

I believe the cold will fall away before the Lord even appears, so they obviously will not be among those who endure to the end or will be ready when the sign of the Son of man appears.  And since the cold have removed themselves beforehand, I believe they will forfeit their reward, miss the wedding supper and will no longer be saints that will rule and reign with Christ when He returns to earth for the second coming with His saints.  By falling away, the cold will choose to exit His kingdom before the judgment seat of Christ, so they will be judged later, with the sheep & goats or the judgment of the nations instead (second coming), which will determine which mortals (sheep) will get to enter His millennial kingdom. Once persecution comes and the cold fall away, only the hot and lukewarm will remain when the sign of the Son of man appears (rapture/judgment seat of Christ).  The gathering of His elect is the judgment seat of Christ, when we see Him choose His faithful servants, those who are “ready” as in the parable of Ten Virgins.

Revelation 3:15-16“I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spit you out of My mouth.”

Most of the parables in Matt. 24 & 25 deal with the judgment between His hot and lukewarm servants.  We know this because the sign of the Son of man appearing comes (after) the falling away, so the cold believers will no longer be in the picture at that time.  I believe the hot are His faithful servants that will endure to the end, and they are His elect who will keep their lamps burning with oil.  They will be ready for the rapture, but the rapture will also be the moment the lukewarm will get spit out of His mouth (left).  Few seem to realize that when Jesus comes like a thief, He won’t be coming to steal.  Instead, the thief in this parable is coming to break up the house, cutting it asunder (in two).  What house?  Judgment begins at the house of God (1 Pet. 4:17-18).

Matthew 24:40-41“Two will be in the field; one will be taken, and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken, and the other left.”

Matthew24:45-51“Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’ 49 and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

We see the same judgments continue into the parables in chapter 25 with the ten virgins, five were wise and five were foolish. We see it again in the parable of talents. The servants that were given 5 and 2 talents were rewarded and entered into the joy of the Lord (rapture), but the lazy servant that hid his talent in the ground was cast into outer darkness (left in the dark world).  This is why I believe the Readiness Rapture theory should not be overlooked, even though it will likely never be as popular as other theories that are loaded with assumptions.  We need to be diligent when we study God’s Word, as God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6).

Luke 21:34-36 – But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. 35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

I enjoyed reading this post I don't agree with the (global government)but agree with most everything else.

Concerning the being saved at the time of the end,I would like to  post a bit about the great tribulation and what Daniel had written about that time.

Daniel 12:1-2

Brenton Septuagint Translation
And at that time Michael the great prince shall stand up, that stands over the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of tribulation, such tribulation as has not been from the time that there was a nation on the earth until that time: at that time thy people shall be delivered, even every one that is written in the book.

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to reproach and everlasting shame.

When Christ spoke of the great tribulation caused by the  abomination of desolation(nuclear bomb)in Daniel ,he seemed to be quoting just a bit from  Daniel 12:1 .

Edited by Shilohsfoal

3 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I enjoyed reading this post I don't agree with the (global government)but agree with most everything else.

Concerning the being saved at the time of the end,I would like to  post a bit about the great tribulation and what Daniel had written about that time.

Daniel 12:1-2

Brenton Septuagint Translation
And at that time Michael the great prince shall stand up, that stands over the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of tribulation, such tribulation as has not been from the time that there was a nation on the earth until that time: at that time thy people shall be delivered, even every one that is written in the book.

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to reproach and everlasting shame.

When Christ spoke of the great tribulation caused by the  abomination of desolation(nuclear bomb)in Daniel ,he seemed to be quoting just a bit from  Daniel 12:1 .

Good eye, Shilohsfoal,
I believe there's no doubt, Daniel 12:1 and Matt. 24:21-22 are both referring to the same event and the same time in the future.

Daniel 12:1 - "And at that time Michael shall stand up, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone who shall be found written in the book."

Matthew 24:21-22 - "For then will be great tribulation, such as has not happened since the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever shall be. 22 “Unless those days were shortened, no one would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened."

Edited by rollinTHUNDER

13 hours ago, rollinTHUNDER said:

Good eye, Shilohsfoal,
I believe there's no doubt, Daniel 12:1 and Matt. 24:21-22 are both referring to the same event and the same time in the future.

Daniel 12:1 - "And at that time Michael shall stand up, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone who shall be found written in the book."

Matthew 24:21-22 - "For then will be great tribulation, such as has not happened since the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever shall be. 22 “Unless those days were shortened, no one would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened."

Daniel 11:31-12:2 covers the same time period as Mathew 24 beginning with 

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

The persecution Jesus talks about in Mathew 24:9-12 is also mentioned in Daniel 11:33-35.

Mathew 24

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Daniel 11

33 Wise leaders will give instruction to many, but these teachers will die by fire and sword, or they will be jailed and robbed.
34 During these persecutions, little help will arrive, and many who join them will not be sincere.

35 And some of the wise will fall victim to persecution. In this way, they will be refined and cleansed and made pure until the time of the end, for the appointed time is still to come.

I like Lukes account because it makes it clear the persecution of the saints in Israel starts before nation on rises against nation and kingdom against kingdom.It aligns with Daniel 11 and makes it a little easier to understand.

Luke 21

12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.

14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:

15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

Those four little words in Luke 21:12 above makes a difference in understanding for me.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,469
  • Content Per Day:  12.23
  • Days Won:  31

21 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Daniel 11:31-12:2 covers the same time period as Mathew 24 beginning with 

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

The persecution Jesus talks about in Mathew 24:9-12 is also mentioned in Daniel 11:33-35.

Mathew 24

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Daniel 11

33 Wise leaders will give instruction to many, but these teachers will die by fire and sword, or they will be jailed and robbed.
34 During these persecutions, little help will arrive, and many who join them will not be sincere.

35 And some of the wise will fall victim to persecution. In this way, they will be refined and cleansed and made pure until the time of the end, for the appointed time is still to come.

I like Lukes account because it makes it clear the persecution of the saints in Israel starts before nation on rises against nation and kingdom against kingdom.It aligns with Daniel 11 and makes it a little easier to understand.

Luke 21

12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.

14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:

15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

Those four little words in Luke 21:12 above makes a difference in understanding for me.

@Shilohsfoal The context of Matthew 24 and Luke 21 seem to show that the events takes place around tribulation saints after the church has gone. Matthew 24.21 seems to refer to a unique future event on earth rather than to the daily pressures of life in which the Lord Jesus strengthens believers in the church (John 16.33).

1 hour ago, farouk said:

@Shilohsfoal The context of Matthew 24 and Luke 21 seem to show that the events takes place around tribulation saints after the church has gone. Matthew 24.21 seems to refer to a unique future event on earth rather than to the daily pressures of life in which the Lord Jesus strengthens believers in the church (John 16.33).

Mathew 24,Luke 21,and mark 13 are all the same prophecy given by Jesus concerning the last 42 months before Christ comes.

Jesus is speaking to the church in Israel who undergo persecution by the Israeli goverment and the gentiles who occupy Israel during those 42 months .The two witnesses and the gentiles who accompany them will be stationed in Israel during that time.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.35
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 12/19/2023 at 12:13 PM, rollinTHUNDER said:

Matt. 24:45-46Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.”

John 4:31 In the mean while his disciples prayed him,

saying, Master, eat.

32 But he said unto them,

I have meat to eat that ye know not of.

33 Therefore said the disciples one to another,

Hath any man brought him ought to eat?

34 Jesus saith unto them,

My meat is to do the will of him that sent me,

and to finish his work.

John 6:

53 Then Jesus said to them, Most assuredly, I say to you,

unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood,

you have no life in you. 

54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life,

and I will raise him up at the last day. 

55 For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. 

56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood 

abides in Me, and I in him. 

57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father,

so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. 

63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing.

The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.35
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 12/19/2023 at 12:13 PM, rollinTHUNDER said:

Matthew 24:13 is often quoted to refute Christian’s who believe in eternal security or “once saved – always saved” (OSAS).  Both sides of this hotly debated issue are popular, as there seems to be a 50/50 split among those who believe it has merit versus those who don’t.  One side believes our salvation is eternally secure once we accept and receive Christ as our Lord and savior, but it seems that just as many believe that we can lose our salvation.  Personally, I believe this scripture is most often misunderstood, misapplied and taken out of context.  In this post I hope to shed more light on this subject and share a completely different perspective, so let’s jump right into the scripture in context.

If 'saved' here refers to "deliverance or rescue" from an event, and not salvation,

then it is not relevant to eternal security either, and the 50/50 split is null.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

I will agree that there are as many verses in the Bible about eternal security as there are about losing it. Such as the conjunction if and until the end. The question, I believe, boils down to whether they are genuinely born again or not.

If our eternal security rested in our hands, we would lose it. God holds us and keeps us, not losing one, save Judas. Can we recant our faith, belief, and trust through free will? If we were reborn of the Spirit, I do not think so.

It took me a long time to study Hebrews 6:4-6 to settle my mind about who the audience was and its application. Those verses personally concerned me.

Another example is when Jesus walked the earth, did anyone get saved? What about the disciple Peter, when he denied Christ three times?

·       Did Peter have saving faith in Jesus, to begin with?

·       Did Peter lose his eternal Salvation?

What is John 21:15-18 all about? Was Peter's Salvation restored to him or his discipleship? They still lacked faith after all the miracles Peter and the disciples witnessed. They had a kernel of faith that exponentially grew over time, and most became martyrs for their faith. How much faith does it take to be eternally secure?

If it were possible to lose one's Salvation, can they regain it if they change their minds? Is it a one-shot offer? If that were the case, the Holy Spirit would be a renter, not permanently indwelling a believer or sealed unto the day of redemption.

To put it in secular terms, let us use rings as an example: a promise ring, an engagement ring, and a wedding ring. First, the promise was given for engagement. Second, the engagement was formally announced. In Jesus's day, engagement was recognized as almost as good as marriage and for tax purposes. The final process was the wedding ring, consummation of the marriage, and marriage feast.

Through no fault of her own, the fiancé finds something better and asks for the promise and engagement ring back. Legally and morally, can he demand it back?

The centuries-old debate, Augustine vs. Arminius, continues. I like the following commentary.

The question is: Who endures to the end? Well, when I study the Book of Revelation, I find that God will stop all the forces of nature and of   p 134  evil and even the forces of good while He seals a certain number of folk. So who is going to endure to the end? Those whom He seals at the beginning, of course. The Good Shepherd—in all ages—will bring His sheep through to the end. When He starts with a hundred sheep, He comes through with a hundred sheep.

When someone says to me, “So–and–so was very active in the church and has gone into sin. Is he saved?” I can only reply that I do not know. We will have to wait to see what happens. I tell people that the pigs will eventually end up in the pigpen, and the prodigal sons will all find their way back to the Father’s house. It is confusing to find a son in a pigpen and a pig in the Father’s house. Peter says, “ … the sow that was washed [has returned] to her wallowing in the mire” (2 Pet. 2:22). Let’s say that one of the little pigs went with the prodigal son to the father’s house, that he was scrubbed clean, his teeth brushed with Pepsodent, and that a pink ribbon was tied around his neck. But he wouldn’t stay in the father’s house. Sooner or later he would go back to the pigpen where he belonged. “He that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.” You’ll just have to wait and see. Sometimes a son, a Christian, will get into a pigpen, but since he is a son, he will get out someday. Why? Because he has a wonderful Shepherd. “The same shall be saved.”[1]

[1] McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Gospels (Matthew 14-28) (electronic ed., Vol. 35, pp. 133–134). Thomas Nelson.

4 hours ago, Mr. M said:

If 'saved' here refers to "deliverance or rescue" from an event, and not salvation,

then it is not relevant to eternal security either, and the 50/50 split is null.

Exactly.  Enduring to the end has absolutely nothing to do with our eternal salvation.

It seems that Jesus was warning against falling away before He comes, as they will not be saved or rescued (rapture).  This removes the cold from the picture.  This leaves only the hot and lukewarm for the judgment seat of Christ.  I believe the hot are the wise virgins who keep their lamps burning are the ones who'll be ready when He appears and gathers His elect.  But at that same time, the lukewarm will also be left, as He promised to spit them out of His mouth...."Two will be in the field, one shall be taken and the other left.  Two women will be grinding in the mill, one shall be taken and the other left."
I believe both the hot and the lukewarm are the saints that will be returning to rule and reign with Christ when He returns for the second coming, but only the hot will be ready and go to the wedding supper.  Meanwhile, the lukewarm will be left and will need to be purified, so they will go thru the hour of trial and be overcome by the beast or martyred when they refuse to take the mark.

As for those who fell away before He appears, I believe the cold will have to wait for the sheep & goats judgment, which is His second coming.  This means that they will have to go through and be protected through God's wrath.  I believe they are also those in Rev. 9:6, who will want to die, like the martyrs did before them, but death will flee from them.  They will be the sheep (mortals) that will re-populate the earth during His millennial reign.  They will also be subject to Christ and His returning saints, both the hot and lukewarm.

Edited by rollinTHUNDER