• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  666
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

Same. I think the devil and demons get more credit than they deserve for things that are just the failings of the flesh. I will point out that breaks can be productive, too. Sometimes when I'm doing computer programming I'll bash my head against something that isn't quite working right and have no idea why it isn't working. One good sleep later and it all makes perfect sense and the problem is resolved in minutes. This kind of thing happens with me a lot.

As an retired systems analyst developer I can definately agree. I found the same thing as being true in my career. If I could not find an solution, or, details of complex systems bogged me down, I would 'step away' from trying to solve it, and ask God for wisdom, and get a good nights sleep, and many times the solution was revealed to me in the night seasons, or, the next morning. God is good!!!

I am curious . . . what language do you use when coding?

Ray . . . 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

3 hours ago, Ray12614 said:

I am curious . . . what language do you use when coding?

My main experience is with C++ so far. I'm still very much a beginner though. I'm also learning a little javascript on the side. Where I am now C++ makes sense to me, javascript makes me cringe in terror.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,225
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

30 minutes ago, AnOrangeCat said:

My main experience is with C++ so far. I'm still very much a beginner though. I'm also learning a little javascript on the side. Where I am now C++ makes sense to me, javascript makes me cringe in terror.

You might want to check out Python coding as an alternative to Javascript. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

4 hours ago, Marathoner said:

You might want to check out Python coding as an alternative to Javascript. 

Thanks for the recommendation. I've found myself considering it lately so we'll see. I like the idea of being multilingual from a programming perspective.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,646
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

Proverbs 19 deals with laziness, it's affects and it's cure. Seems fear of the Lord is a good cure for laziness.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  666
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

13 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

I used C++ in my first development job 25 years ago. Its a pretty good language capable of many things on an detail level (creating functions etc.) I liked it, but, then a job opened up in my area for an developer using Progress 4GL, and so I spent 20+ years in that environment. I honed my skillset using Progress, interfacing to an manufacturing DB platform, and ended up supporting 30 databases world wide in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific.

Now after retiring, I have been looking for PT employment and have found that my Progress skills are considered not in demand. C++ is good, but, I am seeing that Python and other web based languages are the future. I am considering learning it, but, at my age it might not be worth the effort to learn it. I believe that Sequel or Python or other web based platforms I have not heard of are probably your future.

I wish you the best in your career quest.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  10,225
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

8 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

Thanks for the recommendation. I've found myself considering it lately so we'll see. I like the idea of being multilingual from a programming perspective.

I studied and coded with Java before I switched majors in college. Java was the language the Computer Science department chose as an introduction to object oriented programming. We learned about other languages; Python seemed interesting to me. I've been considering getting back into coding as a hobby. 

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  6,517
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

On 12/23/2023 at 7:43 AM, Jesus...my Lord and my God said:

The Lord has been showing me that laziness is a spirit. Just exposing the enemy.

If you feel lazy, just go to Jesus and ask Him for the truth about this and He will show it to you.

Jeremiah 33,3

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

James 1,5

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

Here is a good passage also:

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." (1 Corinthians 15.57-58)

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 12/23/2023 at 6:43 AM, Jesus...my Lord and my God said:

The Lord has been showing me that laziness is a spirit. Just exposing the enemy.

If you feel lazy, just go to Jesus and ask Him for the truth about this and He will show it to you.

Jeremiah 33,3

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

James 1,5

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

I must admit I am Lazy not reading more of God's word and that's where wisdom is at.