• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

4 hours ago, Jayne said:

Then I will say that people, both men and women, lie to prospective romantic interests because they are insincere, insecure, and are foolish enough to think that their lies won't find them out.

I think No.1 had some issues. Personality disorder of some sort.

She didn't just lie about her career. During the first video chat she lied that she has never been in a relationship.

Two months later, after we had made things official, she showed me two pictures of a guy with his arm around her and kissing her on the cheek. Apparently they spent a night together in the same bed but 'nothing happened'. Apparently they held hands and people knew that they 'liked each other'. But apparently it wasn't an 'official relationship'.

The next few months was a slow discovery that she was nothing like the person that she presented herself to be.

Basically nothing was true. She even lied about me to her friends and family. And lied about them to me..

I kept asking her questions. Until she could not lie anymore.. What she was saying wasn't adding up and I was asking too many questions..

She finally 'broke up' with me.. Even on the very last day she lied to me..

I figured out.. Made a whole list of all the lies she had lied to me. Came out to be 6 pages..
Sent it to her and blocked her..

It takes a special kind of person to lie even on the day you are breaking up...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,313
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

14 hours ago, FJK said:

I'm way past the age of being concerned with such things, but let me ask those who aren't:  What does anybody hope to gain by misrepresenting themself as something they are not?

Maybe someone mentioned this already.... I'm just starting to read this thread.

Most people on dating sites that misrepresent themselves are scammers hoping to get money from lonely men and women.   Some of them get hundreds of thousands of dollars this way!

Sometimes you think you are talking with the opposite sex and it can be a scammer of your same sex.

Most romance scammers operate out of Nigeria.

You can watch some of Dr. Phil's episodes on YouTube about romance scammers.  It's quite interesting but also sad that so many people get duped and sometimes bankrupted by these scammers.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,313
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

6 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Not dating related but a lot of these scammers aren't all that brilliant. back in the day when the 419 email scams were popular (usually along the lines of a "Nigerian prince just died and left so and so a large inheritance, but they needed you as a intermediary and you'd get rewarded handsomely for it) I would toy with them.

I told them I was a business man from new York by the name of Ivan G. otcha. My top two I convinced one I was actually going to fly to Nigeria to meet him and hand him a check personally. I got a rather insulting/threatening email after he showed up at the airfield at the specified time and waited several hours for me to show up, which of course I didn't.

I led another one on for a couple weeks until he got lazy and forgot to mask his Ip address one time, to which I indicated I belonged to some sort of internet watchdog, and if he didn't stop scamming people I'd track him down and arrest him. He called me a liar and I sent him a Google maps image of the internet cafe where he set up shop. Like the first i got a threatening email back from him then nothing... crickets. He even deleted his email so I couldn't contact him again lol.

Do you ever watch Scammer Payback or Kitboga on YouTube?   They go after the scammers operating out of India in huge call centers.   They use either an old lady or an old man's voice while talking with the scammers.

Scammer Payback actually deletes a lot of the scammers' files.    Also, informs authorities but some of them are corrupt.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,093
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

13 hours ago, believeinHim said:

I posted all real pictures on a free dating website in my twenties, and got insulted in the forums as well as not believed they were me. People thought I was cat fishing, but were also insulting my appearance at the same time ? ? ? ? It didn't make much sense to me, I would figure if I was unattractive, then I would not have chosen that picture ! Or do I have it backwards ? ! ? :emot-questioned:

Sounds like you were too good looking and they couldn't believe you were for real. I know a guy who accused the woman he later married that she was a catfish because he couldn't believe it lol.

Wait they were insulting you? I guess they were just jealous.

Edited by Renskedejonge
  • Thanks 1

There was one scammer who said: I would do everything for you. I'd cross the ocean for you. I don't mind if you're poor and some other stuff or not too bright. 

And I was like: awwww that's so cute! Wait. Not too bright? Isn't that a bit offensive?

:laugh:

Edited by Renskedejonge
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

8 hours ago, Debp said:

Do you ever watch Scammer Payback or Kitboga on YouTube?   They go after the scammers operating out of India in huge call centers.   They use either an old lady or an old man's voice while talking with the scammers.

Scammer Payback actually deletes a lot of the scammers' files.    Also, informs authorities but some of them are corrupt.

No I don't. But I used to belong to the 419 eaters forum. It was a forum full of people whose sole purpose was to screw with scammers -and while the 419 email scam was what it started with it branched out to pretty much all scams. They'd talk different tactics and share emails, transcripts and phone conversations. Many of them were downright hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, SIC said:

I think No.1 had some issues. Personality disorder of some sort.

She didn't just lie about her career. During the first video chat she lied that she has never been in a relationship.

Two months later, after we had made things official, she showed me two pictures of a guy with his arm around her and kissing her on the cheek. Apparently they spent a night together in the same bed but 'nothing happened'. Apparently they held hands and people knew that they 'liked each other'. But apparently it wasn't an 'official relationship'.

The next few months was a slow discovery that she was nothing like the person that she presented herself to be.

Basically nothing was true. She even lied about me to her friends and family. And lied about them to me..

I kept asking her questions. Until she could not lie anymore.. What she was saying wasn't adding up and I was asking too many questions..

She finally 'broke up' with me.. Even on the very last day she lied to me..

I figured out.. Made a whole list of all the lies she had lied to me. Came out to be 6 pages..
Sent it to her and blocked her..

It takes a special kind of person to lie even on the day you are breaking up...

Oh wow good riddance. Watch out. I briefly dated a guy I met in a church. He went to his other gf from my money. A couple warned me. Then I warned her. I wondered if he was a sociopath. Also love bombing and lying. Wanted to marry quick, while having loads of debt and not even the right to use his own money. His own family helped his ex wife to get rid of him. Now I just have a rabbit for company.

28 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

No I don't. But I used to belong to the 419 eaters forum. It was a forum full of people whose sole purpose was to screw with scammers -and while the 419 email scam was what it started with it branched out to pretty much all scams. They'd talk different tactics and share emails, transcripts and phone conversations. Many of them were downright hilarious.

I once told one from a dating site that God had a better plan for his life and he said: yes you're right. Can we stay friends? Quickest convert ever.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,081
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

They say every pot has a lid. I’m past all of this but it’s interesting to see nothing has changed and may have gotten worse.

Why the need to misrepresent/ upsell? They are going to figure it out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,209
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

8 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

Sounds like you were too good looking and they couldn't believe you were for real. I know a guy who accused the woman he later married that she was a catfish because he couldn't believe it lol.

Wait they were insulting you? I guess they were just jealous.

Well, I do wear makeup, And I used to apply it pretty liberally in the past.

I have a picture from my mid to later twenties, When my hair wasn't quite so thick anymore up on here, But that was a bit older then. Later twenties,. I still have just about the same amount of hair , :blink::unsure:

Trying to focus on eating healthy, and keeping my body in shape.

I would like to believe you that they thought that, But I haven't had any pursuits, or any compliments from anyone that I actually want.

If a woman can get dates, and men pursuing her, It really doesn't mean anything unless she wants them back. So, I have a really hard time believing that, especially the older I get. 

It dissolved in to insults and threats due to political opinions, With me being way more conservative.

Edited by believeinHim