IGNORED

When God gathers Israel into the land of Israel.

Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

The only recorded event in Matthew 27:52-53 has always fascinated me. Oddly, such an event occurred without further explanation, leaving open the interpretation. Were they made alive again (quickened) as Lazarus and several others were without glorified bodies, having to die twice?

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Some say this was a token, a preview of the coming general Rapture of all saints, and were glorified and raised after Christ’s resurrection. I dun’t know…

Good to remember that strictly speaking the rapture refers to the church; 1 Thess. 4.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

41 minutes ago, NConly said:

Do you have any verse that shows the were back during Jesus's days on earth?

The Feast of Booths(Tabernacle) was one of the great annual pilgrimages. It was during this time Jesus was tried and executed. For more information see: "Jesus Fulfills the Feast of Booths" and "Sukkot and the Significance of Pilgrimage".

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Content Per Day:  2.76

26 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

The Feast of Booths(Tabernacle) was one of the great annual pilgrimages. It was during this time Jesus was tried and executed. For more information see: "Jesus Fulfills the Feast of Booths" and "Sukkot and the Significance of Pilgrimage".

During the time of Jesus most of all tribes had been carried away to other nations and had not been returned til 1948 unless you can show the other nations let them come back for several days out of the  captivity they were in.

At time of Jesus the few (remnant) still went to the festivals on that I agree.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

28 minutes ago, NConly said:

not been returned til 1948

The gathering spoken of denotes a pilgrimage more than a resettlement. My point is that (Ezek 36:16-24) does not mention permanent resettlement. Jesus's death punctuated a prominent pilgrimage where all able bodied Jews across the known world where commanded to gather at the Temple for Sukkot, "...when I show Myself holy among you in their sight" Ezek 36:23. The festival foretells  the messianic age when all nations offer homage to Jerusalem.

Edited by Scott Free

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  594
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Hi Dennis1209…very nice to connect with you again.

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

The only recorded event in Matthew 27:52-53 has always fascinated me. Oddly, such an event occurred without further explanation, leaving open the interpretation.

It is absolutely fascinating to be sure…and I would agree that it is one of those “events” that is open to interpretation. I can and often do get the interpretations from the scripture…and then I can say the same for getting interpretations from the Holy Spirit of Truth that has His residence within my spirit.

This is one of those “events” that I believe has been revealed to me both in scripture and by the Holy Spirit…whom I believe to be Lord Yahshua Christ…living in me. For those who do not believe that He is living His life in and through His sons…it is via complete deception that they think they can interpret anything spiritually.

I realize that we can all read…however scripture is God breathed…without His Spirit within…one is merely relegating their understanding of the written text to what I call the “sons of Greece and their human reasoning.”

For if one does not have the Holy Spirit he is not in the Body of Christ…therefore those will receive nothing from the Lord.

Having said that…I will be glad to work with you for a greater understanding and revelation concerning this event…it is there for us Dennis. Have you received the Holy Spirit since you believed?

Tatwo...:)

Were they made alive again (quickened) as Lazarus and several others were without glorified bodies, having to die twice?

Concerning Lazarus…he was reportedly “made alive again”…clearly and simply put…Lazarus was called back to life by the “Word of God.” As you mentioned there is not a lot of “further explanation, leaving open the interpretation”…we know he was alive because the scripture has it that he…Lazarus…was “reclining at the table with Him””a large crowd of Jews came to see Lazarus”…and that…”the chief priests planned to put Lazarus to death also.” Those Jews were not into the resurrection…it ruined their satanic plans.

Apparently Lazarus’ resurrection from the dead caught the attention of many of the Jews who began to follow or believe in Yahshua. However…there is not much more information about Lazarus that I can find?

The thing that jumps out at me is this…”Lazarus’ resurrection from the dead” occurred prior to our Lord’s resurrection from the dead…where as...the “saints” from Matthew 27 were resurrected “after the death and resurrection of our Lord Yahshua"…anyone think that matters?

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Well…if one dies…and is in the grave/tomb…and the “Living Word of God raises you from the dead”…could that have been Lazarus’ judgment? It looks as though it was the “Lord’s will” that Lazarus would not stay dead…right? Can that be considered a “judgment?”

As for what happened to Lazarus…I am not sure…really. I do however know this…he was resurrected from death by our Lord Yahshua…the living Word of God…and that accounts for everything as I see it. Did he have to die again? Perhaps he did have to die again…I don’t know?

Is that something that is of significant importance that we are to know? Probably not…because the point to me Dennis…is…that the resurrection power that is available to Christ can raise the dead…! Jews don’t like that…it ruins their doctrine…and destroys their city and temple.

Some say this was a token, a preview of the coming general Rapture of all saints, and were glorified and raised after Christ’s resurrection. I dun’t know…

A “token…a preview…of the coming general Rapture of all the saints”…humm…what is your perspective on something you call “general Rapture of all saints?”

Perhaps this will help…concerning these “saints” from Matthew 27 that were “resurrected from the dead”…one should be tipped off by the simple fact that Matthew called them saints…and as such…they most assuredly died in an “obedient faith towards God”…right?

This should alert us to the reality that they lived their lives here on earth in stark opposition to the Jews…opposition to the devil…and were faithful to God. They were likely to have been heavily persecuted by the religious [Jew] and the worldly [gentiles] of their day…right?

Perhaps we can deal with the rest of this next...huh?

Tatwo…

3 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I expect Samuel and Saul are still buried.Though Samuel may have came out and walked around Jerusalem later.

There you go! Nice point.

I am not trying to trap you or belittle you or put you down Shilohsfoal...no...only trying to shine some light...have you received the Holy Spirit since you have believed?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, tatwo said:

There you go! Nice point.

I am not trying to trap you or belittle you or put you down Shilohsfoal...no...only trying to shine some light...have you received the Holy Spirit since you have believed?

I received the holy spirit Aug 31 ,1998.It was on a Monday and it was about noon .

It's not an event that is easily forgotten.