• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

Reminders – The World Needs a Doctor

I have talked to several people lately that have no sense of needing a savior. They seem quite content in their self-justified state of spiritual satisfaction. Jesus said, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Luke 5:31-32 Jesus gave an example of this, where a self-righteous Pharisee and a humble tax collector went to the temple to pray. Their prayers revealed that it wasn’t the proud boaster but the repentant sinner who received mercy. Luke 18:9-14 People who have not acknowledged their lost state of being dead in their trespasses and sin, are in danger of eternal torment in hell. They don’t think they are the sinners to whom Jesus referred, but they are. “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23 They were conceived in sin, received Adam’s sin nature, continue to walk in their sins, and will die in their sins, unless they acknowledge their need to be saved, and seek forgiveness from God. John 8:21-24

How can people understand these truths? The law of God reveals to man that he is a sinner. Romans 7:7 But the law was not given as a means of salvation but to convict people of their own shortcomings in fulfilling it. Thus, we’re told, the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners…” 1 Timothy 1:9 But we must understand that an unsaved person is powerless to stop his bad behaviors, so it is useless to tell him to clean up his life. Even if he could change his behaviors, he would still be spiritually dead in Adam. Romans 5:18 We are told  that it is “the goodness of God [that] leads thee to repentance.” Romans 2:4 In other words, we are to share the Gospel, which reveals the goodness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:19 tells us, “That God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, [at the cross,] not imputing their trespasses unto them.” It is because of God’s mercy and goodness towards mankind that He sent Jesus to pay the penalty for the world’s Adamic sin nature and resultant sins. The rest of the message is that they need to be forgiven (by personally coming to God in prayer, acknowledging their lost state in sin,) and God promises that, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9 Thus, the call of Jesus to repentance occurs by His grace through faith in the Gospel, and one becomes born spiritually alive from above, or, “born again.” John 3:7 Now new creations in Christ, they are empowered by the Holy Spirit to walk in that newness of life.

Final Thoughts: It is our duty and ministry both “to walk as children of light,” which dispels darkness, Ephesians 5:13 and to tell the world  what God has done for them through the cross. As Paul told the Corinthians, “[God] has committed unto us the word of reconciliation…[and that] now we are ambassadors for Christ.” 2 Corinthians 5:19-20 An ambassador does not tell the people of the country to which he is assigned how bad they and their country are. Rather, he shows them and tells them about how good it is in the country he comes from. Be an ambassador, not a judge and an executioner. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. John 3:17  (PH)

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,485
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

I am frequently reminded of a Jesus people cartoon from the 70s that had a large group of people walking toward an intensely burning fire, with A few Christians in front of them, desperately trying to hold them back from certain destruction.  The caption read, "Why are these Christians so very pushy!?"

I wonder, could that same cartoon be realistically drawn of Christians today in the USA?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Even amid the great Tribulation God has His hand of mercy out and a great multitude that no one can count will turn to Him.

You see by then they would be dying of hunger, heat and thirst. All good motivators.

How merciful is God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Jesus told it like it is and backed it up with evidence. I have tried, but feel impotent. I always feel inadequate. If an opportunity arises, I say what I can, but otherwise I leave it with the Lord, but the door is always open. I do not know what more to do.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, PATrobas said:

Final Thoughts: It is our duty and ministry both “to walk as children of light,” which dispels darkness, Ephesians 5:13 and to tell the world  what God has done for them through the cross.

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Share the light to those in darkness.

default_thumbsup.gif.20f0a2cf38cce8827b8c3cde8ffb0c2a.gif  Walk in the Light while sowing the seed to whoever, wherever, whenever, and however.
Perhaps a seed will find good soil. Doesn't matter but that we be faithful in our sharing.
The results belong to God, who knows our faithfulness, or not.
It is God that saves, glory to God.

Thanks Pat.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.32
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.90
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

14 hours ago, PATrobas said:

Reminders – The World Needs a Doctor

I have talked to several people lately that have no sense of needing a savior. They seem quite content in their self-justified state of spiritual satisfaction. Jesus said, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Luke 5:31-32 Jesus gave an example of this, where a self-righteous Pharisee and a humble tax collector went to the temple to pray. Their prayers revealed that it wasn’t the proud boaster but the repentant sinner who received mercy. Luke 18:9-14 People who have not acknowledged their lost state of being dead in their trespasses and sin, are in danger of eternal torment in hell. They don’t think they are the sinners to whom Jesus referred, but they are. “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23 They were conceived in sin, received Adam’s sin nature, continue to walk in their sins, and will die in their sins, unless they acknowledge their need to be saved, and seek forgiveness from God. John 8:21-24

How can people understand these truths? The law of God reveals to man that he is a sinner. Romans 7:7 But the law was not given as a means of salvation but to convict people of their own shortcomings in fulfilling it. Thus, we’re told, the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners…” 1 Timothy 1:9 But we must understand that an unsaved person is powerless to stop his bad behaviors, so it is useless to tell him to clean up his life. Even if he could change his behaviors, he would still be spiritually dead in Adam. Romans 5:18 We are told  that it is “the goodness of God [that] leads thee to repentance.” Romans 2:4 In other words, we are to share the Gospel, which reveals the goodness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:19 tells us, “That God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, [at the cross,] not imputing their trespasses unto them.” It is because of God’s mercy and goodness towards mankind that He sent Jesus to pay the penalty for the world’s Adamic sin nature and resultant sins. The rest of the message is that they need to be forgiven (by personally coming to God in prayer, acknowledging their lost state in sin,) and God promises that, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9 Thus, the call of Jesus to repentance occurs by His grace through faith in the Gospel, and one becomes born spiritually alive from above, or, “born again.” John 3:7 Now new creations in Christ, they are empowered by the Holy Spirit to walk in that newness of life.

Final Thoughts: It is our duty and ministry both “to walk as children of light,” which dispels darkness, Ephesians 5:13 and to tell the world  what God has done for them through the cross. As Paul told the Corinthians, “[God] has committed unto us the word of reconciliation…[and that] now we are ambassadors for Christ.” 2 Corinthians 5:19-20 An ambassador does not tell the people of the country to which he is assigned how bad they and their country are. Rather, he shows them and tells them about how good it is in the country he comes from. Be an ambassador, not a judge and an executioner. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. John 3:17  (PH)

Once a person is so informed that Jesus is the Son of God and the Savior of the world, the Good News has been shared and the work of the Evangel. All who call on the name of the Lord will be saved. The point at which an individual will cry out cannot be dictated. So many want a "decision for Christ" and literally make their boast in this. Acts 2:47 says that the Lord added daily, such as should be saved.

The horror of the tribulation is the lack of repentance among those in torment.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

9 hours ago, Truswell said:

Jesus told it like it is and backed it up with evidence. I have tried, but feel impotent. I always feel inadequate. If an opportunity arises, I say what I can, but otherwise I leave it with the Lord, but the door is always open. I do not know what more to do.

I know the feeling brother, however, as Sower said, we keep sharing. I'm often reminded that I am not responsible for the results, only to hear His voice and obey as He presents the opportunity to share the Good News. I also pray for those I share with. Another important aspect of our walk is to Romans 12:1; "Present our bodies as living sacrifices..." This gives us assurance that those encounters we have are divine appointments that God has orchestrated and we are simply tools in His hand. But it is He that is doing the work. " But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us." 2 Cor. 4:7 Keep going brother! As God told Adam, " Be fruitful, and multiply...:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1