Could he be telling me...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What should one think. Some people are blessed with features that are well pleasing for the opposite sex and some feel short changed. Those who feel short change, is God telling them they are meant to be single because of that? Because no one wants to be a disappointment and if certain features were not important, it wouldn't be an issue I guess. Any encouraging words would be appreciated, but the truth more. God bless! :ph34r:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

What should one think. Some people are blessed with features that are well pleasing for the opposite sex and some feel short changed. Those who feel short change, is God telling them they are meant to be single because of that? Because no one wants to be a disappointment and if certain features were not important, it wouldn't be an issue I guess. Any encouraging words would be appreciated, but the truth more. God bless! :ph34r:

I don't believe God is telling those who feel "short changed" that they are meant to be single. God looks on the heart. That's hard for man to do, but it doesn't mean there is no one out there who could love you. I'm not sure what to say without knowing you. I'd say you need to spend a lot of time in prayer and waiting. The waiting is the hard part. Easy to pray. Hard to wait for an answer.

I've had people tell me I was "pretty" all my life. It's never meant a lot to me. Sometimes it's even seemed like a curse. The people that it has drawn to me.

Not sure what else to say. Keep your chin up. Seek God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Just to lighten the discussion a little:

The first time, I married for looks. If I ever get a second chance, I will marry for money.... then encourage him to see a plastic surgeon! :emot-hug:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

What should one think. Some people are blessed with features that are well pleasing for the opposite sex and some feel short changed. Those who feel short change, is God telling them they are meant to be single because of that? Because no one wants to be a disappointment and if certain features were not important, it wouldn't be an issue I guess. Any encouraging words would be appreciated, but the truth more. God bless! :emot-hug:

Sport, I think God decided that some people didn't need the fancy packaging to be a good mate. It may well be in Gods eyes that the less attractive people on the outside are compensated on the inside. And those people attract the kind of mates that are not surface people but are looking for something deep that connects souls and not just body parts. Time usually brings those kinds of people together and it is worth the wait.

Sam

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

It's all relative anyway- what one person finds attractive, another finds unattractive. I don't think I'm anything more than average but my boyfriend thinks I'm beautiful (apparently his family have said I'm pretty too).

Just because one person finds certain features unattractive, doesn't mean that everyone does.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Is 53:1-3 But, oh, how few believe it! Who will listen? To whom will God reveal His saving power? In God's eyes He was like a tender green shoot, sprouting from a root in dry and sterile ground. But in our eyes there was no attractiveness at all, nothing to make us want him.

Here we see that our own Lord Jesus had no special physical beauty. This should be our example. Physical beauty is fleeting. Look at the Hollywood notables who try desperately to hold onto their looks by having plastic surgery and wearing Sears weather-beater makeup.... and see how many of them are truly content? The Bible says "Man looks at the outside appearance, but God looks on the heart" .... when a person has a beautiful heart, there is a countenance that accompianies it that is irristible.

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

What should one think. Some people are blessed with features that are well pleasing for the opposite sex and some feel short changed. Those who feel short change, is God telling them they are meant to be single because of that? Because no one wants to be a disappointment and if certain features were not important, it wouldn't be an issue I guess. Any encouraging words would be appreciated, but the truth more. God bless! :huh:

I'm so very glad you are here with us at Worthy because I know you will be blessed, encouraged and grow in your walk with God through your time here. Many of us have!!! You said the truth would be appreciated more than the encouragement. I would hope that both could be given together! Sport, reading all the messages you've posted here, it's clear that you're hurting, unhappy, discontent and lonely. I'm going to be truthful with you. It boils down to this: You are thinking about yourself too much. These things (being unhappy, discontent and lonely) are forms of selfishness because we are thinking about ourselves too much and not keeping our eyes where they should be. Point blank, that's the truth. Please read this post I just wrote in another thread about loneliness. Much of it applies to your situation, too. :):)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

no this cant be true.....

im attractive yet alone and ive seen very unattractive people with a mate and they seemed happy...

look the best you can for you and be happy....

there is someone who will think you are amazing

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  95

Hi,

Yah!! Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Just coz u think u dont look all that, doesnt mean some1 else thinks that. Its the same way; some people see the glass half full and the others see it half empty.

This is funny; not a good time 2 post it but anyways;

My mum always told us a real story of a man that had no feet up to his hips but did have a nice business. Two women were in love with him and would always fight over him. 1 day 1 of the ladies got so angry; she lifted the guy, put him in a basket and took off with him, 2 the other womans surprise. :noidea::thumbsup::huh:

I dont think that helped this situation, but the laugh is quiet healthy.

God bless!!!

Edited by traveller

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  95

What should one think. Some people are blessed with features that are well pleasing for the opposite sex and some feel short changed. Those who feel short change, is God telling them they are meant to be single because of that? Because no one wants to be a disappointment and if certain features were not important, it wouldn't be an issue I guess. Any encouraging words would be appreciated, but the truth more. God bless! :noidea:

No, I don't think God is telling yo to be single if you are not the most physically pleasing person. For some people physical attributes matter more than others. Maybe there is a woman who has no problem with your feature that you think is not attractive. As difficult as it may seem, it may be that she will be more attracted to you because of that...

Well, this is a family show, but what features are you talking about anyway?

Some physical features that are generally considered unpleasing to the opposite sex:

severely overweight.

missing limbs and other disabilities and disfigurements such as facial scars.

just plain ugly(sorry don't know how to quantify that, maybe lack of facial symetry, etc.)

unibrow

flat chested woman. Sorry ladies its the truth.

Too big chested.

crooked/missing teeth.

etc.

But again, just because the "majority" of people would find those things to be a turn off, that doesn't mean every individual is that way.

In Genesis we see that Leah was not nearly as attractive as Rachel. Rachel is described as being fair, while Leah is "tender eyed", i.e. "more average" in appearance. Indication is Jacob loved Leah more in the end because Rachel was always nagging about not having enough children, and always trying to "earn" his love.

So if you are wondering if God has someone for you who will love you in spite of whatever your bad feature is, then I leave you with these scriptures of encouragement and support.

Genesis 2:18 - And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Proverbs 18:22 - Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

Psalms 34:10 - The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.

ECCL. 4: 9 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. 10 For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. 11 Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? 12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

This seems to be saying, "God + man + woman".is the way to go.

John 14:14 - If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

1 John 5:14 - And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

So the answer to your question. If you are looking for a wife, then ask God for a wife in Jesus name. And keep on asking until you either have a wife, or God shows up in a cloud and tells you to stop asking.

Hi,

Thats a bit mean; dont u think!!! :thumbsup: