IGNORED

I am struggling with low self esteem, and uncertain if I need be. Also, medicated and with feminine issues that could cause this.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,218
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/2/2024 at 5:07 PM, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Jon.

Thank you for that! Yes, I stopped looking for a girfriend when I was in college, and focused on the Lord. When we draw nigh to God and He draws nigh to us, we will find another person who is likewise drawing near to God. And, when we are both drawing nigh to God, we can't help but draw nigh to each other! It's like two pieces of metal being drawn to the end of a magnet. It is inevitable that the two metal pieces will be close to each other when they are stuck to that magnet!

@believeinHim,

Matthew 6:25-34 (KJV)

25 "Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 "And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, [shall he] not much more [clothe] you, O ye of little faith?

31 "Therefore take no thought, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or, 'What shall we drink?' or, 'Wherewithal shall we be clothed?' 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father KNOWETH that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof."

These last few sentences are a JOKE that didn't translate well. It simply means that "each day has enough problems of its own; don't go looking to add more!"

Well, Yes, This, And then also as Mark Gungor says, as well. I don't know if you've heard of him.

On 2/2/2024 at 4:37 PM, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, believeinHim.

Where do you go to find friends? Do you find them at church? Or, do you find them elsewhere?

A long long time ago I was at church regularly.

Growing up, I only dated girls who went to my church. They needed to have similar values before I would consider them "datable."

I get confused, and I am uncertain of the values of this one, but I can tell you from what I gather,

If he has them, I don't think he is listening. 

My guy friends, my buddies, I would find at church or at school, and they needed to have the same caliber of personality. I had mostly smart friends with whom I could talk freely, and enjoy a good conversation.

I joined a traditional ladies group on Facebook, but it's just a group. I haven't added anyone yet.

One of my friends knew early that he was going to be an accountant.

If I were functional, this would be preferable because I don't like to be around people very much.

Another was always studying jokes and humor and politics; he KNEW he was going to be a politician, and he wanted to be as likeable as possible to everyone he would meet.

My mom keeps up with the politics because of me and my disability. Unfortunately, she also tries to teach me that some movies are 'love stories based on love and redemption', and says she watched it, 'on purpose',

To see, 'what those' types of Christians had to say about it. She still insists it's a love story.

We used to have games of chess together, and we were frequently listed together on the honor roll.

My dad played chess. Now he sits in front of his computer all of the time, even when he is not working.

One of my friends was not too bright, but he had a heart of gold! He was probably my closest friend, and still is today. We were givers, looking for ways to give to missions, and special church funds. We would look for ways to give back to the community, and didn't mind giving away a lunch to someone in need.

I am pretty much the one in need, lol,

I don't know what either email is, and it's not important that I know. Do these individuals love the Lord? Do they even KNOW the Lord? That is important!

It's because one of them has the word, 'chick' on the end of it, and the other one is a more conservative one.

This friend didn't email me back at the more conservative one.

Edited by believeinHim

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

On 1/31/2024 at 3:08 AM, believeinHim said:

Forward, mouthy, abusive women are drawn to me when it comes to female friends. In the past, passive, timid men would come after me, or someone in a red flag in the other way. Either passive, neglectful men, or men who would end up abusing me in some way, more than likely.

I am looking for feminine, women, and strong, Christian, Dominant men!

Why? The not so feminine women are often very friendly. Dominant men? Those are abusive.

There was a young guy on a Dutch forum once who didn't have any friends. He was in school, but he had zero friends and he asked for tips and someone said: Why don't you look outside your age group? He later came back. He found a friend. An old grandma.

Edited by Renskedejonge
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,377
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/12/2024 at 5:37 AM, believeinHim said:

I have a hard time believing anyone wants to hear from me

Your heavenly Father is always excited to hear from you. Always!

I feel like a burden

God knew exactly what He was getting with you. He created you just the way He wanted you. And when you were broken and lost, He paid a very high price to get you back.

I am always wrong about something

We are all "always wrong about something". Learning and growing under the guidance of the Holy Spirit is a privilege and a blessing. It's when you think you have all the answers that you should be concerned. 

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I have a hard time believing any of my friends like me, Or want to be around me, or that they are even my friends. Prayers.

Your best friend is your Lord. He suffered the humiliation of the cross so He could "be around" you forever.

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Romans 8:31
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

6 hours ago, believeinHim said:

The church that I want to go to, they expect the women to dress nice and wear dresses to church, etc. They dress up on Sunday mornings. I don't know how to ride a scooter in a dress. Lol.

If that church is within the range of your scooter start attending it.

Address your fears about conforming to dress codes by contacting the minister. 

Ask would he be mortally  offender by the sight of a girl in pants on a mobility scooter  attending his church.

Regardless of what he says go to the church, start meeting people.

• Thanks 1

• believeinHim changed the title to I am struggling with low self esteem, and uncertain if I need be. Also, medicated and with feminine issues that could cause this.

12 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

Why? The not so feminine women are often very friendly. Dominant men? Those are abusive.

Oy vey!

There was a young guy on a Dutch forum once who didn't have any friends. He was in school, but he had zero friends and he asked for tips and someone said: Why don't you look outside your age group? He later came back. He found a friend. 

Yes, I get along quite well with the Silencers.

An old grandma.

Yes, I get along quite well with the Silencers. And did you have to describe her that way?!?!

Edited by believeinHim

12 hours ago, Who me said:

Ask would he be mortally  offender by the sight of a girl in pants on a mobility scooter  attending his church.

I will have to think about it. It is getting darker earlier still. My preference is to go to the evening service. 

I do not want to be riding a scooter or walking by myself, as a woman, in the dark.

I do not even believe this church would want that from me, or any female for that matter. 

That's my preference is to go the evening service. I will see what I can do. 

Waking up after medication is near impossible. But, I will see what I can do.

A part of the reason why I picked this church, is because they are courteous to the sexes. They do not discriminate, nor do they neglect.

They are definitely not neglectful in protecting their women. One of the reasons why I picked it. I might still be around here when it starts getting brighter out later, as well. I might still be around here.

I might also be around here still, with it being brighter out later in to the evening. I am kind of waiting for that right now.

Other than that, I keep up with an orthodox band, a band who has become orthodox. That is what I do in my spare time while not attending church in person. 

I keep up with an orthodox band, and come on to Christian Forums and Worthy Christian Forums.

It should be staying lighter out in the next couple of months. I am kind of waiting for that.

There is also one more church that is within walking distance, that I actually might walk up to right now to see their service times. I might walk up to this one right now to check out their service times. 

Thanks. I will see what I can do.

Side note; I am not really taken, but I am not really single, either. Going to this church in the morning seems off to me.

I am not really single, but I am also not really taken.

This is a side note, mind you; It's off topic.

I flee from anywhere where I feel like I might be pursued, because I am not taken, But, my heart already is.

I am about to walk up to this church and see their service times, i always forget about this other church near here. I am going to go check out another one near here, that is walkable on Sunday mornings.

It seems kind of chaotic at the Baptist church on Sunday mornings. It seems like it's really chaotic at the Baptist church on Sunday mornings.

I am looking for a more low key environment.

The Baptist church seems like it may be a little bit too chaotic on Sunday mornings. And this is Fundamental, mind you,. 

But, it seems like it may be too chaotic on Sunday mornings.

There is another one near here, that I always forget about. I'm gonna take a walk up there, right now.

Edited by believeinHim

12 hours ago, Who me said:

Sorry, Let me split this up a bit more.

It seems kind of really chaotic at the church on Sunday mornings. Like, really chaotic on Sunday mornings.

I forgot that there is this other church that has two morning services on Sundays, that I can walk to on Sunday mornings. I literally always forget about this poor church.

I am about to walk up there myself, and see what their sign says on their service times.

Believe it or not, a Fundamentalist Baptist church feels like an overwhelming, intense, and insane party goer event,

On Sunday mornings! I would rather go at night.!

13 hours ago, Who me said:

I always forget about this other poor church near here. They have a Sunday morning service, and they have a Wednesday night service. It is within walking distance. I just walked up there just now.

Other than that, because I was volunteering with worship,

I keep up with a band who's became a deacon. A member of this band became a deacon at an Orthodox church. That is about as far from the church branch that I fall.

I keep up with a band who's member became a deacon at an Orthodox church. That is about as far from the church branch that I fall.

I'm a good girl. :) :)  

Regardless of what people think about them, He is a Deacon at a church. I to take that pretty seriously. That is as far from the church branch that I fall.

Edited by believeinHim

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

Don't  they have a Web site giving details of what they believe, tim3s of services, date and times of women's events and midweek bible studies etc etc.

Some churches even put recordings of services on line or live stream them.