IGNORED

I am struggling with low self esteem, and uncertain if I need be. Also, medicated and with feminine issues that could cause this.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,213
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

I have a hard time believing anyone wants to hear from me. I feel like a burden, and like I am always wrong about something. I have a hard time believing any of my friends like me, Or want to be around me, or that they are even my friends. Prayers. 

Edited by believeinHim
  • Praying! 5

• believeinHim changed the title to I have a hard time believing anyone wants to hear from me. I feel like a burden, and like I am always wrong about something. I have a hard time believing any of my friends like me, or that they are even my friends.
  • 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 1/11/2024 at 7:37 PM, believeinHim said:

I have a hard time believing anyone wants to hear from me. I feel like a burden, and like I am always wrong about something. I have a hard time believing any of my friends like me, Or want to be around me, or that they are even my friends. Prayers. 

I am sorry you are questioning yourself worth.

Two facts that demonstrate your feelings are incorrect are, Jesus loves you and you do have friends.

Please talk to someone you trust about your feelings.

You may need to get professional counselling, but p.ease do talk to someone.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,326
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

On 1/11/2024 at 11:37 AM, believeinHim said:

You sound like you are lacking in self-esteem.   So you need to learn to have Biblical self-esteem.    That is, that you are a beloved child of God through Christ.

The next time those thoughts start to bother you, remember who you are in Jesus.   Get into the Word of God and try to memorize a few verses to help you when your thoughts are self-defeating.

Even if some people don't like us, that is between them and God.   Don't worry about what they might think of you.   Accept yourself and leave them in the Lord's hands.

Be at rest in the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, The other problem is, is I keep getting incompatible, Friendships that I don't really want to be friends with. Friends I'm not attracted to, Or friends that I don't want. Friends that is isn't mutual, FOR ME.

I can't get any mutual friendships, they are all unreciprocated friendships.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

Actually I relate to you. You are concerned you need company and thats shows your human side thus you are worth company unlike so many of the people that have sold out.

But dont forget that Jesus is your closest friend and sticks closer than a Brother.

Blessings,

Jon

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 1/24/2024 at 7:58 AM, believeinHim said:

Well, The other problem is, is I keep getting incompatible, Friendships that I don't really want to be friends with. Friends I'm not attracted to, Or friends that I don't want. Friends that is isn't mutual, FOR ME.

I can't get any mutual friendships, they are all unreciprocated friendships.

Shalom, Peace, to you, believeinHim.

You can ask your Friend of Friends for discernment in choosing your friends. Find out what your "potential friends" think of Yeeshuwa` (Jesus) and see if they're the kind of friend you should have. If they suggest things of which you KNOW God would disapprove, keep them as acquaintances, but don't welcome them as close friends. Let GOD decide for you whether a person should be counted a "friend." "Be wise as serpents, but harmless as doves."

On 1/29/2024 at 1:13 AM, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Peace, to you, believeinHim.

You can ask your Friend of Friends for discernment in choosing your friends. Find out what your "potential friends" think of Yeeshuwa` (Jesus) and see if they're the kind of friend you should have. If they suggest things of which you KNOW God would disapprove, keep them as acquaintances, but don't welcome them as close friends. Let GOD decide for you whether a person should be counted a "friend." "Be wise as serpents, but harmless as doves."

This is a major red flag, @Retrobyter. Red flags as female friends are drawn to me. Very, Red flags as female friends are drawn to me. The only female friends who respond on a regular basis, are red flag female friends!

When it comes to the men, it is similar, in a different way.

Forward, mouthy, abusive women are drawn to me when it comes to female friends. In the past, passive, timid men would come after me, or someone in a red flag in the other way. Either passive, neglectful men, or men who would end up abusing me in some way, more than likely.

I am looking for feminine, women, and strong, Christian, Dominant men!

This is what I am looking for. *Kissy Face Emoji*.

My best female friend pulls away from me when I told her about an email, as well as, she is a red flag. She is definitely, a red flag!

She wants to stay, a red flag! I think! She wants to stay a red flag, I think. We'll see going forward, but she is still pulling away from a specific email address. The email in which she prefers is proof of that!

When I gave her my alternative email address, she pulled away from me. She wants to stay a red flag! 

On 1/30/2024 at 9:08 PM, believeinHim said:

This is a major red flag, @Retrobyter. Red flags as female friends are drawn to me. Very, Red flags as female friends are drawn to me. The only female friends who respond on a regular basis, are red flag female friends!

When it comes to the men, it is similar, in a different way.

Forward, mouthy, abusive women are drawn to me when it comes to female friends. In the past, passive, timid men would come after me, or someone in a red flag in the other way. Either passive, neglectful men, or men who would end up abusing me in some way, more than likely.

I am looking for feminine, women, and strong, Christian, Dominant men!

This is what I am looking for. *Kissy Face Emoji*.

Shalom, believeinHim.

Where do you go to find friends? Do you find them at church? Or, do you find them elsewhere?

Growing up, I only dated girls who went to my church. They needed to have similar values before I would consider them "datable."

My guy friends, my buddies, I would find at church or at school, and they needed to have the same caliber of personality. I had mostly smart friends with whom I could talk freely, and enjoy a good conversation.

One of my friends knew early that he was going to be an accountant.

Another was always studying jokes and humor and politics; he KNEW he was going to be a politician, and he wanted to be as likeable as possible to everyone he would meet.

We used to have games of chess together, and we were frequently listed together on the honor roll.

One of my friends was not too bright, but he had a heart of gold! He was probably my closest friend, and still is today. We were givers, looking for ways to give to missions, and special church funds. We would look for ways to give back to the community, and didn't mind giving away a lunch to someone in need.

On 1/30/2024 at 9:08 PM, believeinHim said:

My best female friend pulls away from me when I told her about an email, as well as, she is a red flag. She is definitely, a red flag!

She wants to stay, a red flag! I think! She wants to stay a red flag, I think. We'll see going forward, but she is still pulling away from a specific email address. The email in which she prefers is proof of that!

When I gave her my alternative email address, she pulled away from me. She wants to stay a red flag! 

I don't know what either email is, and it's not important that I know. Do these individuals love the Lord? Do they even KNOW the Lord? That is important!

YOU are important, if you're justified by God, and you are a holy person to God. When you enter a room, you are walking on holy ground! You take it with you, if you're sticking with the Lord all the time! "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.! Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded." (James 4:7-8).

May God bless you as you grow in Him!

On 1/28/2024 at 10:55 AM, Sharky and George said:

Actually I relate to you. You are concerned you need company and thats shows your human side thus you are worth company unlike so many of the people that have sold out.

But dont forget that Jesus is your closest friend and sticks closer than a Brother.

Blessings,

Jon

Shalom, Jon.

Thank you for that! Yes, I stopped looking for a girfriend when I was in college, and focused on the Lord. When we draw nigh to God and He draws nigh to us, we will find another person who is likewise drawing near to God. And, when we are both drawing nigh to God, we can't help but draw nigh to each other! It's like two pieces of metal being drawn to the end of a magnet. It is inevitable that the two metal pieces will be close to each other when they are stuck to that magnet!

@believeinHim,

Matthew 6:25-34 (KJV)

25 "Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 "And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, [shall he] not much more [clothe] you, O ye of little faith?

31 "Therefore take no thought, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or, 'What shall we drink?' or, 'Wherewithal shall we be clothed?' 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father KNOWETH that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof."

These last few sentences are a JOKE that didn't translate well. It simply means that "each day has enough problems of its own; don't go looking to add more!"

• Praise God! 1

On 2/2/2024 at 4:37 PM, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, believeinHim.

Where do you go to find friends? Do you find them at church? Or, do you find them elsewhere?

Growing up, I only dated girls who went to my church. They needed to have similar values before I would consider them "datable."

My guy friends, my buddies, I would find at church or at school, and they needed to have the same caliber of personality. I had mostly smart friends with whom I could talk freely, and enjoy a good conversation.

One of my friends knew early that he was going to be an accountant.

Another was always studying jokes and humor and politics; he KNEW he was going to be a politician, and he wanted to be as likeable as possible to everyone he would meet.

We used to have games of chess together, and we were frequently listed together on the honor roll.

One of my friends was not too bright, but he had a heart of gold! He was probably my closest friend, and still is today. We were givers, looking for ways to give to missions, and special church funds. We would look for ways to give back to the community, and didn't mind giving away a lunch to someone in need.

I don't know what either email is, and it's not important that I know. Do these individuals love the Lord? Do they even KNOW the Lord? That is important!

YOU are important, if you're justified by God, and you are a holy person to God. When you enter a room, you are walking on holy ground! You take it with you, if you're sticking with the Lord all the time! "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.! Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded." (James 4:7-8).

May God bless you as you grow in Him!

I went to church a long time ago, but I was volunteering in the worship team because I was trying to do music for a living. Long story short,

Musicians at church can be dangerous, Too!

This was especially true after the junior high band dissolved, and I had to move on to the high school.

I am very influenced by the stuff my parents bring in to the house. I do not have a car, and I am having a hard time getting to the kind of church I want to go to.

We are in the process of moving, and my mom mentioned in a very passive manor about maybe having more time for church on Sunday mornings if my dad has less yardwork,

But, they do not want to go to a small church. Every time we end up at church, they end up at a mega church. Every time.

I do not have any desire to be at mega churches anymore. I do not drive, do not have a car. 

I am on Disability, and my parents isolate and watch modern entertainment.

I *Have* been overspending, and at this point it might be a Bipolar symptom. Even if I wasn't I am on disability, so it's not likely I can afford a car.

But, even if I could, they want to downsize the garage to one car, anyway. I am kind of stuck at home, unless I wanna take a scooter to church on Sunday mornings, is my only option at this point.

The church that I want to go to, they expect the women to dress nice and wear dresses to church, etc. They dress up on Sunday mornings. I don't know how to ride a scooter in a dress. Lol.

I am constantly drained from medications, and not sleeping without them. It's hard for me to get to places in the mornings.

My parents are very anti social. They like to spend time with each other.

But, I feel like this leads to binge watching secular entertainment all of the time, and they think it's OK with God. They think it's OK.

It is the only thing I hear 24~7, she sleeps with it on. I don't hear it at night, but occasionally will hear it in the background.

Edited by believeinHim