IGNORED

I am struggling with low self esteem, and uncertain if I need be. Also, medicated and with feminine issues that could cause this.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,210
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

16 hours ago, believeinHim said:

Oy vey!

Yes, I get along quite well with the Silencers.

Yes, I get along quite well with the Silencers. And did you have to describe her that way?!?!

What's so bad about old grandma? She was 80 or so. I thought it was sweet. They were both happy. Anyways she was not in his age group.

I am Dutch and have always worked and hung out with no nonsense Dutch women and it's always chill. I have never seen a dominant man or woman who was not at least unfriendly. They're not always abusive, but if one is abusive it's a controlling one. Not even Jesus was dominant and He had every right to, so who do they think they are? Control can even be satanic.

It was just a tip. You can throw it in the trash if you like. I don't mind.

Edited by Renskedejonge

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.58
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

I have never seen a dominant man or woman who was not at least unfriendly.

Curious as to what you are calling dominant, it can have various connotations.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, FJK said:

Curious as to what you are calling dominant, it can have various connotations.

Dominant, domineering, controlling. 

For instance Cesar Castellanos, but he repented. He wrote a book about it. He had a huge church and was used to simply being obeyed. He said to his wife: Iron my suit! And she refused and he complained to God that his wife had become rebellious and God said he shouldn't be so controlling. She knew how to handle him though. If you believe God wants that you just obey and it becomes very unhealthy. And some women boss their men around too.

Edited by Renskedejonge

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.58
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Renskedejonge said:

Dominant, domineering, controlling. 

That would seem to be inclusive of practically all of our leaders and wannabe leaders across the board and worldwide.

• Well Said! 1

-

Edited by Renskedejonge

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  437
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,231
  • Content Per Day:  2.07

Ok, I'm going to nip this in the bud before it starts. Please stay on topic. 

9 hours ago, Who me said:

Don't  they have a Web site giving details of what they believe, tim3s of services, date and times of women's events and midweek bible studies etc etc.

Some churches even put recordings of services on line or live stream them.

Yeah, But I wanted to just get up and walk there just then, It was the easiest thing for me to do,

The computer is hard on your eyes, All computers are, blue light is not our friend.

I am at it more often than not these days, and that is not like me.

It was good to just get out and just walk up there and look at the sign. Btw, That band member singlehandedly helped repair my reputation just by becoming an Orthodox Deacon, Which is not the same thing as a Catholic deacon.

He singlehandedly helped repair some of my reputation. <3. 

Edited by believeinHim

14 hours ago, Who me said:

Don't  they have a Web site giving details of what they believe, tim3s of services, date and times of women's events and midweek bible studies etc etc.

I already tried a women's study and I liked it, Remember I said I went with my mom?

She refused to go back again unless we went all of the time.

For her she wanted to go all of the time, or not at all. 

14 hours ago, Who me said:

Some churches even put recordings of services on line or live stream them.

I am trying to meet people, and get married, I need a husband and my own family someday. I am struggling with finding a man to marry, and to help take care of me when my parents are no longer here.

Someone to be here for me when my parents are no longer here is my ultimate priority. For survival reasons. Jesus is my spiritual priority.

For survival reasons, In this system with my Disability, It is vital that I have someone who can be around me when my parents are no longer here.

I am trying to meet people and go in person on purpose. Other than that, I keep up with the deacon band. And some of the stuff they recommend. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,635
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

On 2/5/2024 at 3:48 AM, Tristen said:

Your heavenly Father is always excited to hear from you. Always!

God knew exactly what He was getting with you. He created you just the way He wanted you. And when you were broken and lost, He paid a very high price to get you back.

We are all "always wrong about something". Learning and growing under the guidance of the Holy Spirit is a privilege and a blessing. It's when you think you have all the answers that you should be concerned. 

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Your best friend is your Lord. He suffered the humiliation of the cross so He could "be around" you forever.

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Romans 8:31
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Hi @Tristen Some good points there, indeed. It's easy to become inward-looking, but for the believer it's healthy to keep 'looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith, Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God' (Hebrews 12.2).

• Well Said! 1

Well, Now she is selling the scooter. She had to buy a new one because the other two of them worn out.

She is now selling this one because neither of us can drive it very well.

We are in the process of moving in to a smaller place, That is further away from everything, But there is a church up the street a ways. It's a more old fashioned church, But it is a ways a ways again.

When I asked her how I am supposed to get to church, She very non chalantly and casually said, "Don't Go,?", As if this is just an acceptable answer.

She repeatedly tells me she is not a Baptist when it comes up. And repeatedly leans very far towards big churches, Where no one talks to you and you don't meet anyone.

If I do get a new scooter, I have to buy it myself and store it myself. I can not store it in the garage, or anywhere else in the new house. It will have to go in my new room that is bigger, So then I just lost all of my new extra space.

When I asked her how I am supposed to get to church in the new smaller house, She very matter of factly and very just said, "Don't Go,?", As if this is just an acceptable answer.

They are honoring mainstream entertainment, and mainstream news outlets. That is what they are honoring.

My parents are not honoring God in the way of mainstream, or I don't know.

I feel like Ham, from the Canaanites, By telling on them, in a way.

I don't know that what they are doing is wrong, But I feel like Ham, from the Canaanites, by telling on them, in a way.

I can not meet a man of God, at a traditional church, Being under their roof, Without some difficulty in getting there.

I do not have the finances for a car, and even if I did I am not allowed to park it in front of their house.

My mom spends all of her time helping me in the system with this Mental Illness, And keeping disability,

Because the system is not set up for people with Serious Mental Illness. We are discriminated against.

She is not putting it together that the same people she watches every day, And pays for to bring in to this home on a daily basis,

Are apart of the problem. She is not understanding that.

I have no transportation to church, and I do not have a mobility scooter anymore, either.

If I want to buy my own, I now lose all of the extra space I am gaining, To the scooter. And her passive, "Don't Go,?", Is that she does not find it a priority in a Christian's life. 

I had an episode, In where I raged to get them to buy me a car, Because she was going to stop letting me take her car to volunteer for the worship team at church.

She was not going to let me take her car to church anymore for volunteer for the worship team, And I had to walk and ride a bike to work every day, as well.

And she was going to stop letting me take her car to volunteer for the worship team when I was in Junior High youth group at church.

It was one of my first episodes.

I know that parents just don't buy their kids cars, and the reason was because I wanted it to take it to church. And that's what I did with it.

I have no transportation to church, And I do not have a mobility scooter anymore, either.

I can not meet anyone at the Baptist church in person, If I can not get to the Baptist church.

She said, 'Don't Go', To church, Meaning, Don't Go? to church, very passively like it is no big deal.

I do not understand, I do understand that I have an illness and that she keeps up with this stuff because of the illness,

But, at the same time there are all of these conspiracy theories floating around out there, like better medications, And alternative Doctors, and etc. There are also those about don't trust anything in mainstream news.

So, I don't know. They are not baptists. They don't like the smaller churches.

Edited by believeinHim