IGNORED

The problem: gates and moats and drawbridges and...

Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Mor - on walls;

Walls big and tall long and wide walls to keep one out or keep one in. "There is something that does not like a wall."

Physical walls, mental walls, spiritual walls, all divides that tend to crumble though reposted and re-plastered and re-stacked upon ever higher ever longer ever wider. Yet no gulf constructed to separate keeps out the cries of the poor, the hungry, the weary, from any ocean shore, lakeside or inner city core.

What to do? Seems the greater commerce cities of old had gates and walls, but kept them open by day, along with a narrow and low  passage gate open by night. Those cities having controlled commerce, and travel, were they suffering under either a wide open gatelessness, or an isolated walled kingdom?

The cities of great commerce had tongues of many tribes and nations in their midst. Did the word of God the gospel of Jesus flourish within?

And here in the land of plenty, where millionaires are really multibillionaires, where fans can pay many thousands of dollars to it in a cold stadium and watch men throw kick and run around  with a pigskin there is capacity to greet strangers with more than a get out of my town take the bus to NYC, is there not?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,347
  • Content Per Day:  2.74
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

along with a narrow and low  passage gate open by night.

I read some where that this gate was the same in this verse 24

Not sure it what I read is correct

Matt 19

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.58
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, NConly said:

I read some where that this gate was the same in this verse 24

Not sure it what I read is correct

Matt 19

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Why do you suppose that is true? (I have my own understanding but would like to hear yours).

8 hours ago, FJK said:

Why do you suppose that is true? (I have my own understanding but would like to hear yours).

Well the article seemed to make since to me with what little experience I had with camels back in 1971 in Saudi Arabia.

The article explained that the door which at the time Jesus walked the earth was nick named a needle door. At night if a person wanted in through the gate they would make him unload the camel and let him lead the camel through the door. Someone would be outside going though his pack to make sure he was no threat. While the camel was lead through the door it had to crawl because of the door height and it is something a camel has a very hard time doing is crawling. It just seemed logical to me so I hung on to it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,653
  • Content Per Day:  12.18
  • Days Won:  31

On 1/15/2024 at 1:58 AM, NConly said:

Well the article seemed to make since to me with what little experience I had with camels back in 1971 in Saudi Arabia.

The article explained that the door which at the time Jesus walked the earth was nick named a needle door. At night if a person wanted in through the gate they would make him unload the camel and let him lead the camel through the door. Someone would be outside going though his pack to make sure he was no threat. While the camel was lead through the door it had to crawl because of the door height and it is something a camel has a very hard time doing is crawling. It just seemed logical to me so I hung on to it.

@NConly Some figures of speech in the Scriptures are indeed very vivid. Those who have visited the Middle East may find them especially vivid.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, farouk said:

@NConly Some figures of speech in the Scriptures are indeed very vivid. Those who have visited the Middle East may find them especially vivid.

Yes. And some seem to only be known by men and not women. I one reads Jasher 21: 20-29 this one appears only men knew the meaning of. imo it meant get rid of this wife.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Seems to me that walls and gates have been designed over the many centuries, and that all fail as a total barrier to either keep people in or keep them out. Some were designed  to provide safety of the citizens and visitors within what they have fenced, by allowing for controlled access for commerce while preventing assaults by evil doers.

The broad gate of daylight time as compared to the low gate for nighttime security by a few guards is example. In this age of very high tech means  it seems to me any land may be enabled to control its' perimeters without any physical wall at all. It must be willing to ID individuals though.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  670
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 1/22/2024 at 10:19 PM, Neighbor said:

Seems to me that walls and gates have been designed over the many centuries, and that all fail as a total barrier to either keep people in or keep them out. Some were designed  to provide safety of the citizens and visitors within what they have fenced, by allowing for controlled access for commerce while preventing assaults by evil doers.

The broad gate of daylight time as compared to the low gate for nighttime security by a few guards is example. In this age of very high tech means  it seems to me any land may be enabled to control its' perimeters without any physical wall at all. It must be willing to ID individuals though.

I think you are indirectly speaking about the USA's southern border?  IF so, there are a lot of satellite issues connected to the Border, illegal immigration, and the political issues of the day.

The main stream media would have us to believe that the majority of those illegally entering the US are disadvantaged families seeking a 'better life', and how can we be so cold hearted to close our borders . . . etc. However, much of the illegals coming in across the border are single, military age young men from China, Russia, middle eastern countries, who we do not know what their reasons might be to come here. I suspect that we will find out in the years ahead IF there are terrorist attacks in the US home land.

Another issue is the drug trafficking (fentanyl) , sex trade, Cartels specializing in various illegal crimes.

The thing to do immediately is to close the southern borders, then and only then re-vamp our immigration policies to make it easier for people to come here who really want to better themselves and contribute to our nation, and to make it harder for those seeking to destroy our nation and our people to get in.

To those who say this should not be done . . . I would ask them if they lock their doors to their homes and allow anyone to come in, to hurt them, their families, raid their homes and take what they want . . . I suspect that they don't do that . . . so why should it be different with our nation as a whole???

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,653
  • Content Per Day:  12.18
  • Days Won:  31

On 1/22/2024 at 9:36 PM, NConly said:

Yes. And some seem to only be known by men and not women. I one reads Jasher 21: 20-29 this one appears only men knew the meaning of. imo it meant get rid of this wife.

@NConly Seems anyway like your time in the Middle East made you especially aware of a lot of cultural things.

11 minutes ago, farouk said:

@NConly Seems anyway like your time in the Middle East made you especially aware of a lot of cultural things.

I spent time in 27 countries and learned a few things. And somehow spent time in 27 states too.

• Thumbs Up 1