IGNORED

The problem: gates and moats and drawbridges and...

Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.51
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Just the opposite, it is saying have law, enforce law, do not depend upon a wall as nations have tried  to do instead over the many centuries. 

You don't consider a wall to be enforcing the law?

Anyway, land mines would be cheaper and more effective.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,740
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

27 minutes ago, FJK said:

You don't consider a wall to be enforcing the law?

Anyway, land mines would be cheaper and more effective.

No a wall enforces nothing. As to land mines that is a little over the top, and completely unnecessary if sojourners are welcomed while criminals  and their customer participants are eliminated or not tolerated, but instead severely punished.

Personally I encourage the idea of sojourners, even "Sunbirds" that to this day clog our roadways as they  come to my own turf each year, as I profited greatly from that commerce for some  many years. Plus I do cherish my becoming a half back now going up to the Appalachian mountains.  BUT I cannot just bull my way  into a community or nation and insist upon my illegal drugs,  be boozed up, and demand free benefits from the pocketbooks of the residents of those places.

No wall no matter how tall  or long will stop invasions. They are always breached in time. Defense needs be found in the word of God with a "welcome pilgrim" and a handing out of a cup of cool water in the name of our Lord Yeshua. You are welcome to travel through, financing your own way, but not to poison with drugs nor steal nor traffic in captive people. Follow the rules of the land and here ( USA) that means driving on the right please. Well except for Massachusetts where most anything goes, road rules being optional.

Lord help us  as we continue in our national folly of wall building, instead of building up a national heart of gracious welcoming to neighbor and stranger in the land, demanding only  obedience to laws of the land.

• Well Said! 1

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

BUT I cannot just bull my way  into a community or nation and insist upon my illegal drugs,  be boozed up, and demand free benefits from the pocketbooks of the residents of those places.

But that is what the migrants do, and that is what the people of the United States currently are providing them (you'll notice that there is no talk of banning all publicly provided benefits to them and their children until they become adults).

We reward them for breaking our laws and welcome and aid them in doing it

How many more do you think we can handle? 10, 20, 5o million?  Maybe 200 million?

We can't take care of our own as it is, and we should take care of our own house, our citizens, first if we want to be of any value as a viable nation.

What do you propose we do?

8 minutes ago, FJK said:

What do you propose we do?

1, Offer opportunity under controlled access rules. Encourage sponsorship of those that want to be part of this land's peoples.  

2, Do not enable a bleeding of our nation's financial assets by the outflow of cash by immigrants legal or otherwise to old homelands.

3, Punish severely the  enablers of illegal activity, no matter what that activity might be and who is enabling it, that includes elected officials.

3a, Hang a politician or two - well maybe not. :whistling:

7 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

1, Offer opportunity under controlled access rules. Encourage sponsorship of those that want to be part of this land's peoples.  

2, Do not enable a bleeding of our nation's financial assets by the outflow of cash by immigrants legal or otherwise to old homelands.

3, Punish severely the  enablers of illegal activity, no matter what that activity might be and who is enabling it, that includes elected officials.

3a, Hang a politician or two - well maybe not. :whistling:

That's pretty much our current immigration law, why isn't it working?

35 minutes ago, FJK said:

That's pretty much our current immigration law, why isn't it working?

Why?

1, A lack of financial resources being provided for administrative law agencies enforcement of "civil administrative law" for one;

2, A lack of sufficient number of  active "Green card" worker permits or similar permit,  and instead providing welfare benefits of all sorts without any legal taxable work being performed which also helps fund benefits.

3, Plus the not hanging  of a politician or two, as example to other politicians that also engage in family run international crime operations. Well again maybe not. :whistling:

The entirety of earth's population is in flux with hordes of people fleeing from here to there. It is more than a USA southern border problem.

It will take determination and lots and lots of money to alleviate  the problem. Plus it will take much prayer, thinking, reading of the Bible for personal and national guidance; and just plain  hard sacrificial decision making to follow the spirit of the law, the grace and mercy  of God much as He  provides it to us.

So far nations have not yielded to any of that guidance instruction and command. It must start at the individual person level with individuals on their knees in prayer asking  for the stamina of will to provide  sacrificially for our neighbors, friends, and strangers that sojourn to and within our "unique" lands. Call it revival.

10 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

, A lack of financial resources being provided for administrative law agencies enforcement of "civil administrative law" for one;

Of course, why didn't I think of that.

After all,  money fro government solves all problems and creates none.

I say throw a hundred trillion or so at it and create the paradise we deserve to live in, one with no social, legal or cultural problems to deal with.

But I wonder why we didn't have this desperate problem before Biden took office and did things like stopping construction of the wall on his first full day in office and destroying the function of the wall by welding its gates open and such.  Oh well, that's probably all just a coincidence isn't it?

5 hours ago, FJK said:

Oh well, that's probably all just a coincidence isn't it?

Hi, I don't think so. Almost nothing is coincidental, in fact nothing at all.

God is sovereign. There are no rulers that are not appointed by Him. He provides the means, including the monies,  the manpower, all by His will, in order  to serve and render His good eternal  purposes.

That all the world is in turmoil today, and  not just the USA, is by God's will. As the nations refuse to honor Him, so rewards each.

The world's turmoil will increase it seems.  And under these circumstances we each  will be individually challenged  as to how each of us will behave, and do honor to Him  blessing Him, or not.

I cannot blame any USA president for my own attitudes or actions. I must do as I find God's word and the indwelling holy spirit leads me to do personally. 

And yes it does take money lots and lots of it to  run decent government. Example: Can't staff immigration personnel without money, lots and lots of it.

Money does come from taxation like it or not.  This country (The USA) has  treated me well for over 80 years now. I do not mind paying taxes at all. It is a duty and a privilege.

Long as there is some consistency in law and regulations business can thrive. It is the erratic emotional upheavals and bizarre  sudden dictates of nation's rulers that injure  commerce.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,671
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

On 1/27/2024 at 8:01 PM, NConly said:

I spent time in 27 countries and learned a few things. And somehow spent time in 27 states too.

@NConly Well traveled.....(but folks often say also: always glad to come home..)

• Thumbs Up 1