• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,196
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

On 2/2/2024 at 9:09 AM, Neighbor said:

Ha, Sidenote: If I return to California might I pay reparations to myself? 

Maybe if I promise not to tell the left hand what the right is doing, eh?  Might it become tax deductible? Or will I have to pay California income tax on it?

I suspect that like the majority of Americans, you're an admixture of different ethnic groups. I figured my stuff out a while ago:

50% of me can stay (native American).

25% of me must go back to Quebec (Acadian French).

25% of me had no say in the matter (African slaves). 

25% of me has to apologize to 50% of me and make amends with the other 25% of me. Hmmm...

Edited by Marathoner
  • Haha 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,631
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Love it, very funny,  but makes the point that reparations is a bit of an absurdity.

Though- Maybe the arbitrators of it (Reparations) think they are God's chosen; Chosen to met out God's wrath  on the third and even the fourth generations of any sinner against God.

Might be a net zero sum game, the paying to one's self for one's sin against ones's self. To come out as a financial loser via this process  one will indeed have to engage in much self-meanification.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.79
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Quibble to your heart's content, the fact remains that immigrants have volunteered to serve in the U.S. Armed Forces for over two hundred years. You've been corrected and that's the only reason why I appeared in this topic.

You have not corrected me, you have dismissed what I have said without showing why.

So how about either showing your evidence about illegal migrants being given citizenship for military service or quit dismissing my point that that isn't the case out hand.

This is how productive civil discussions should be conducted.

I will speak no more of this with you unless or until you back your statements about history with actual and factual references to the specific history involved.

May the lord smile on you today and make your day go well.

27 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Love it, very funny,  but makes the point that reparations is a bit of an absurdity.

Though- Maybe the arbitrators of it (Reparations) think they are God's chosen; Chosen to met out God's wrath  on the third and even the fourth generations of any sinner against God.

Might be a net zero sum game, the paying to one's self for one's sin against ones's self. To come out as a financial loser via this process  one will indeed have to engage in much self-meanification.

I steer clear of most things that have nothing to do with serving Christ, brother. We both know that adversity is the place where our faith flourishes; the apostles didn't lead lives of safe comfort, and the Lord never promised us an easy time of things. This doesn't mean that relative calm or peace is a bad thing, for who doesn't strive for such things?

We aren't owed a single thing apart from what the Lord sees fit to give to us. We aren't entitled to anything in this world. However, I do take issue with those who seek to perpetuate falsehoods, such as the notion of recruiting immigrants to serve in the military is a new thing or hasn't been done before, neither of which is remotely true. 

As it stands right now, approximately 45,000 immigrants are currently serving in the U.S. armed forces. The military has always attempted to recruit immigrants; this is one way that many can establish legal residence in the United States. Military recruiters assist with that. I see nothing amiss with it... the world will do as the world will do, yes?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,456
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

I suspect that like the majority of Americans, you're an admixture of different ethnic groups. I figured my stuff out a while ago:

50% of me can stay (native American).

25% of me must go back to Quebec (Acadian French).

25% of me had no say in the matter (African slaves). 

25% of me has to apologize to 50% of me and make amends with the other 25% of me. Hmmm...

What a hoot your post was -  and one which makes a very good point!  There are so many layers to the reparations for slave descendents thing . . .  this is man trying to make bad things fair and right somehow (playing God).  How do you possibly come up with a good formula and then how do you administer the whole thing? 

And if someone had an ancestor who fought in the northern army and/or died in that war, do their decedents get something of a pass?  Or what about those who's ancestors contributed to the cause of freedom through the underground railroad or through other means?  And what about blacks who maybe have a grandparent who came from other than slave stock? And then let's administer the whole thing through our bloated federal government! (yeah, that would go well & we should buy stock in large legal firms, as lawyers would make a killin')

If slave reparations happened, I don't think it would cure much - people receiving reparations would probably want more (and all that money could be destructive to them); people contributing to reparations would be bitter. And I suspect it would just serve to put MORE focus on the whole race thing, instead of bringing closure.  Why do I suspect that?  It's just what man's flesh does!

There's only one way that all of man's inhumanity to man will be resolved, and that is through the cross - all of Adam just needs to be buried and the heavenly Adam take over completely.

BTW - personally I think a much better and cleaner case for reparations can be made for native Americans . . . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 2/1/2024 at 1:57 PM, Neighbor said:

In a Thursday morning press conference, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced he is sending a battalion of "up to" 1,000 soldiers of the Florida National Guard, - will be sent to Texas!

https://images.mediago.io/ML/34e672e3d562f8e6a26b42d7ab7c4261__scv1__300x225.png

Also Trucker's convoy  to reach Eagle Pass, Texas, Saturday. Supposedly as many as 700,000 individuals are joining as the convoy progresses now past Louisanna, having a rally today at Austin. 700, 000? ??? Can that number be even close to being correct?

25 U S States Governors have signed the petition against  the Biden Crime Family's  Administration's immigration actions/policy.

Personally I am in prayer that many will not get killed at Eagle Pass, nor at Yuma, nor San Ysidro. But that this will also finally bring things to a head quickly so that there is more than a wall as a concept  of protection. Instead an entire land of people throughout the vast territory  of the USA that will be responsible in protecting sovereignty, but doing it under God's sovereignty.

So what are you seeing and hearing? What reports seem accurate to you? 
 Makes me remember the little  Rally For America convoy of Glenn Beck so many years ago that grew and grew along the way.  There was quite the crowd of us at the final destination and main rally back then.

Praying for all that are in the convoy and for all at the final destinations too.

It is time SECESSION is seriously considered - again.  

The government of these United States is NOT interested in defense of our country.   Anybody who still believes this is dreaming.  

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

I see no occasion to glory in this flesh. Sure, I'm an admixture of this and that, and native American constitutes the majority of my ancestry... so what? That doesn't make me native American. 

I'm not any of that. I belong to Jesus Christ! He gave His life to me so that I will not taste death, promising to hide me in Himself; and now I'm related to a multitude throughout space and time. That's who I am. We are born again as a new creation.

I think the brouhaha about reparations is silly. Reparations? We cannot possibly recompense the Lord of glory for what He has done for our sake. All we can do is go forth, walk in the Spirit, and serve God with this life He has given us. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,456
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

30 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I see no occasion to glory in this flesh. Sure, I'm an admixture of this and that, and native American constitutes the majority of my ancestry... so what? That doesn't make me native American. 

I'm not any of that. I belong to Jesus Christ! He gave His life to me so that I will not taste death, promising to hide me in Himself; and now I'm related to a multitude throughout space and time. That's who I am. We are born again as a new creation.

I think the brouhaha about reparations is silly. Reparations? We cannot possibly recompense the Lord of glory for what He has done for our sake. All we can do is go forth, walk in the Spirit, and serve God with this life He has given us. 

Well said!  Yes, this is just what Adam does.  The devil is "the accuser" and in Adam we categorize each other (Greek ketegoros - categorizer) and accuse - just like Adam did when God first confronted him after eating of the forbidden tree.

But hallelujah!  We are in Him who is True!

• Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, Marathoner said:

the world will do as the world will do, yes?

Yes.

And in the case of one at least, be doing as God forced of him to have done. Perhaps even all of us in this world whether we are of it or just in it.

And also yes, we are promised nothing in or of this world, well not without having a green prayer hankie to wave anyway.

All that and still God has made the provision(s) needed, done so perfectly, for me and mine far as I know. All things do work together for good for those that  believe on Yeshua as Lord, God, and personal savior. Yes even in that which seems to be some very bad stuff in life, much like Job stated, do we not give thanks to God for it?  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, choir loft said:

It is time SECESSION is seriously considered - again.  

The government of these United States is NOT interested in defense of our country.   Anybody who still believes this is dreaming.  

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Hi, Might I suggest it is time for prayer to be seriously considered , again?

• Thumbs Up 2