Is self harm morally wrong?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62
  • Days Won:  0

Yes self-harm is morally wrong. We belong to God, and to harm ourselves is to damage God's property. Things like smoking and drinking and drug use are certainly bad for us and are not God's design for us. As far as unanswered prayer, there is no such thing. God answers all prayers but sometimes the answer is no.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

8 hours ago, Neighbor said:

What to do. First; pray  for and about your parents. Second; listen and pray some more for and about your parents. Third; read within the word of God, the Bible, and pray, plus think on the word read. Fourth; get job, fifth get a second job and a third even. You will become so busy  with life you will  only have need  for a bit of rest. Then rest in the Lord- Reading the bible will give you understanding of what that means.

Smoking? Bluntly put, it is the coward's suicide. I tried five packs a day myself. What an idiotic waste that was. There is life to be had, good life too! Hang on my child, joy comes in the morning. There is both morning and joy coming for you. Seek it prayerfully and never ever give up.

Sorry but I'm not that kind of a person.I'd rather die of a heart attack or lung cancer than listen to my parents.

The other life is better than here on Earth.

I'm not suicidal but smoking seems to be the only option for me.

Thank you for listening to me but I already decided how I want to die!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,081
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

Why not just die when your number comes up instead? Self harm won't heal any of the other hurts. It only hurts you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, wolly said:

The other life is better than here on Earth.

Wouldn't that sort of depend in where you end up in the other life?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,579
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, wolly said:

I'm not suicidal but smoking seems to be the only option for me.

Hi,

Then please, if that is seriously your plan of action, also  look into insurance that will help pay for your stay at City of Hope and prepay for your own final expenses. Thanks.

BUT if you find you don't really want to die stick around, many here including me will really like to get to know you. Yes you!  

BY the way I was up to five packs a day when God turned me about some 45 years ago. Life can get good if one gives God time to turn one's life about. It can get really really good. I pray  you give it a chance for if you do  the adventure is very cool! Not Kool, but very cool!

May God bless you,  and may you be a blessing too! 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, wolly said:

I'd rather die of a heart attack or lung cancer than listen to my parents.

I suggest you might want to rethink that one. You can undo what you hear but you can't undo throat cancer! I say that because I made many a trip to City of Hope to remove the deceased remains of those that just didn't give up smoking. I have also cared for cancer patients as a family advocate.

It isn't an easy illness,  far from it, and it takes way longer to suffer it than  it will take you to get past having to  be under  parental advice, instruction, and guidance.

Joy does come in the morning, yep right here on this side of the grass! So hang on it gets better way better! Stick around find a friend or two even right here.

Hey Wolly, Don't know where you are in this world, but might I invite you to a little diversion from the woes that challenge us all?

There are a few  here that find it fun to look in  on an eagle, actually two eagles on a nest High up  the mountain at Bear Bear Valley California USA I invite you to join look and if you might find it interesting  to perhaps also share what you see there as they do their own struggles on this earth.

It is snowing fiercely right now, the female sitting on three eggs is sometimes buried under load of snow. Her mate the smaller of the two  comes and takes over just long enough for her to  go get some lunch, and then she is back to tending her eggs.

Her name is Jackie, his is Shadow. I think they teach us a little something about God's will for us and his provision  for  his creatures at large.

Anyway  it makes for a good break from the troubles we all endure. See it at  

[Admin Note: This Video has special permission to be in a non-video Section]

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

What's the City of Hope @Neighbor?

4 minutes ago, wolly said:

What's the City of Hope @Neighbor?

Oh I 'm sorry. City of hope is a group of USA hospitals that take in very seriously ill  cancer patients. Many years ago I used to have to make removals of those that had died of their cancers from the one at Duarte, California, USA.

I used to dread getting that assignment. Though an amazing hospital system it was like entering the pits o'hell with what the patients suffered from their cancers. Lots of very dedicated staff trying to care for them. I even recall one with their throat wound wide open still trying to smoke a cigarette through the gapping hole that was their air passage. Terrible terrible memory.

You don't really want to go that route. God has a better plan for you personally. Please reconsider your present mindset.

God's grace and mercy is from everlasting to everlasting. He is the way for you, and for me too. He provides that which is needed by us to get on through these very hard times. He gives hope that is certain. My hope certain is Jesus, by the comforting of the Holy Spirit  I am sustained. May it be so that you too will come to accept, and then enjoy  such security.

By The Way, We just had a brief conversation on the term "self meanification".  Basically it is when one ends up giving in to the pressures of this world and turns on ones self as though they are not worthy of having happiness.  

Smoking for the end goal of becoming very ill and then dying of an awful disease fits, in my opinion, into that category of thought. There are better ways to handle the awful pressures that come on us!

First thing; You are of much worth in God's eyes! Start there. God created you for His good purposes, let's find out what they are, eh? Going to take time, but let's find them as there are likely many. Be blessed and be a blessing.