IGNORED

Are both Baptism and Christening + Confirmation acceptable to God?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I was christened via an Anglican Church in North London when I was a baby then 35 years later, I accepted Christ as my Saviour, I was at the time attending an Anglican Church in Bedford, the Minster of whom had spent many hours with me, showing me my need of a Saviour [at that particular time I was also suffering with Depression.

At that time my Confirmation service meant a great deal to me.

Regarding my depression, like to add that a couple of years after becoming a Christian, I was going through a particular difficult period and knelt one evening and asked the Lord to take it all away, and the next day it was all gone, seven long years of blackness and struggle went and 50 years later I can honestly say that I have never been down to those depths again.

Thanks for any replies.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Jimboy said:

Is there some reason they wouldn't be?

I can't think of one.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

21 minutes ago, Jimboy said:

I was christened via an Anglican Church in North London when I was a baby then 35 years later, I accepted Christ as my Saviour, I was at the time attending an Anglican Church in Bedford, the Minster of whom had spent many hours with me, showing me my need of a Saviour [at that particular time I was also suffering with Depression.

At that time my Confirmation service meant a great deal to me.

Regarding my depression, like to add that a couple of years after becoming a Christian, I was going through a particular difficult period and knelt one evening and asked the Lord to take it all away, and the next day it was all gone, seven long years of blackness and struggle went and 50 years later I can honestly say that I have never been down to those depths again.

Thanks for any replies.

Interesting testimony, @Jimboy

Praise God for your salvation by grace through faith, not of works.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

I have not studied this topic but I believe their is nothing in the Scriptures that speak of a “confirmation” or a “christening.”

Are these two ceremonies that are “man made” to show outwardly our faith to other men?

However, I do believe the Scriptures tell us that we MUST be baptized in the Holy Spirit. But thus too does not require a physical act or ceremony.

Just as the disciples and many others (3000), were together - those that had accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, God would send His Holy Spirit into them. 

I believe that all of the Levitical ceremonies, the outward signs, the sacrifices, the Temple and the Sanctuary, etc., are no longer necessary. They were a type and shadow of the things to come- the arrival of our Messiah. All of those physical things and ceremonies, etc., have been fulfilled. Their mission within God’s plan of salvation was completed. 

After the cross, everything is now internal. We have a personal, one on one relationship with God. We develop our own special, entirely unique relationship with our Lord and Savior and through that He will baptize us with His Holy Spirit.

Now, instead of us having an “external” presentation of our faith (Christening, Baptism, or a confirmation), our faith is revealed and made visible on the back end, if you will: others will see how He has changed us and this will produce His Good Works in us.

Just my thoughts.