• Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,641
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

farmer hubby

Actually the "family" at one time were poulterers (turkey farmers) and lumber men, but became scientists,, inventors, and businessmen and businesswomen, breaking away from the "homeland" in the process.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18

7 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

Newfound lake before the condos...just so peaceful.:thumbup:

Little Squam ( Kelsey's place) way back when. Used go out evenings to catch buckets full of horn pout there, and  channel through to Big Squam for trout  and bass fishing, then come in by early morning to Grandma's fresh yellow eye beans baking to have horn pout and beans for breakfast.

Gee that was back before, well anything  except the hermit's house on the way to Plymouth.

IMG_1246.JPG

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/7/2024 at 6:17 AM, Neighbor said:

Hi, The EPA is a much needed agency. I have absolutely hated having to deal with it's sub-agencies over many years and decades now, BUT it does serve a serious need.  Imperfectly for sure, but without it we would be knee deep in deadly waste, and drinking vile water.

Clean potable water is our most serious need.  Having spent seven years on the banks of the Charles river I appreciate the awesome task that cleaning up is. And yes it is expense plus very irritating to have to comply  in order to accomplish cleaning up  so that we do not have to suffer sitting on our own dung heap.

But I have managed to live through it, to this date anyway, and yes places are cleaner than they were and far cleaner than they would have become.

But thanks!, for looking at RFK Jr's  website.

Just so we are clear my good friend in Christ...  I am NOT advocating for the abolishment of a Federal Agency.  I do see zero value in their function but in a much more limited role.

However, with my own two eyes, I am seeing their anti-human slant.  

Where I live, they are 'wanting to remove' most hydro electric dams in the Pacific Northwest because of Salmon numbers. (They have been declining... and I am not denying the dams 'impact' on those numbers... but there are also various types of seals that swim as far as 80 miles INTO the Columbia River from the Pacific Ocean who are also consuming portions of the fish population BUT the Fed/ state agencies won't allow them to be "dealt with.")

Recently, they have been hiding behind the local Native American population as the reasons for this move. And the Salmon species has a great history with the various American Indian populations in the area.  BUT... this isn't 1750... it 2024.  To destroy the dams is to elevate this species to a God-like status... you can read the various Tribes words on this and see for yourself.

The Feds & state environmental agencies continue to change their language regarding hydro electric power generation.  IE- they don't consider it 'clean / renewable energy.'  

Now, I don't agree with that... maybe you do.

But let's look at the catastrophe that is awaiting this future event ( because when they talk about it openly and the media runs with a topic- and it has in our region- it's only a matter of time before it becomes reality.)

The hydro electric dams on the Columbia & Snake rivers deliver probably 90% of the power to the west coast. (I am not sure of that number so call it 75% if you doubt me.)  

The dams make the Columbia river navigable... which is important because of the vast amount of various grains and fruits grown in the areas (eastern WA/ OR & western/ central ID.)

Also, the dams on the Snake River provide irrigation posibilities/ navigation/ trade/ power.

Now, let's say these electric vehicles that are being forced upon us become a majority of cars on the road.  You see where I am going?  The EPA authorizes removal of dambs due to Salmon being on a threatened species list and I would have ZERO power.  There would be NO power for anyone on the west coast.

Do you see where I am coming from?

There would be almost no power for the west coast... the vast farmlands would be hindered in their efficiency... and crop production would suffer mightily as well.  

If you are ok with that tradeoff.  So be it.

Peresonally, I can't vote for a person who wants to this agency obatain MORE power... it is against MY interests.

Edited by Gabriel80
Time/ year

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18

1 hour ago, Gabriel80 said:

If you are ok with that tradeoff.  So be it.

Personally, I can't vote for a person who wants to this agency obtain MORE power... it is against MY interests.

"Well I love that dirty water, oh Boston you're my home,", eh?

LOL

Glad you took a look though. Thanks!

Personally, I don't think that agency and all it's State's sub-agencies are going  away  no matter who is elected to be President.

I do have some faint hope that a person that knows it well  and becomes President might  be able to get it's operations improved- improved for all affected by  it's sub-agencies that implement  the details of the basic rulings it puts out.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

"Well I love that dirty water, oh Boston you're my home,", eh?

LOL

Glad you took a look though. Thanks!

You bet.  Thanks, Neighbor.

• Thumbs Up 1