• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,930
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  232
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

There was a lovely family here who agreed to have a refugee stay with them ... till the refugee ran off with the husband leaving the wife and 3 kids . Apparently she has now left him too as she found someone with more money 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,351
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

2 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

There was a lovely family here who agreed to have a refugee stay with them ... till the refugee ran off with the husband leaving the wife and 3 kids . Apparently she has now left him too as she found someone with more money 

Wow, that's terrible!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,148
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

1 hour ago, Debp said:

I saw a video where NYC would pay residents $125 a night to house illegal immigrants.

The problem is...what if they come with bedbugs (very prevalent) or lice...or if they are mentally ill or a gang member?   This day and age you have to be careful.

Yes they don't ask you to take just any regular homeless person in either. With covid the homeless in my city could live on a luxurous boat. Don't spread viruses. Here you have your own place on a boat. They were very happy with that.

I went to a church decades ago. It was a couple that started it. More a housegroup but with a building. Very small. They were saved for 3 years or so and started to pastor and super naive they wanted to help the homeless and picked em up in the mall in the big city, but they walked all the way back, because they had to have drugs.

Edited by Renskedejonge
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,659
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, Debp said:

The problem is...what if they come with bedbugs (very prevalent) or lice...or if they are mentally ill or a gang member?   This day and age you have to be careful.

I bet they are thinking about the same issues! What if my host has bedbugs, is a human trafficker, or a violent gang member, or a drug dealer, or all of the above?

• Thumbs Up 1

Many years ago Los Angeles, along the Harbor Freeway was populated with extremely poor illegals on one side and extremely poor Blacks on the other side. Odd how the freeway made that natural divide.

Anyway, I spent a little time on the side that Dr. E.V. Hill was attempting to turn Christian block by block. As it turned out it was a very short lived adventure, but one that took me into a world I had only known from tv images of rioting,  looting, and burning. Turned out real people with hard rows to hoe live there and suffer under the violence too!

While on the other side of the "road", the HRBR Frwy, the residences were mostly flats three story old flats and each flat housed up to 17  "Latinos" per flat. They lived "Hot Sheets" style sleeping in shifts and seeking day labor opportunities.

We got involved there or really my wife more than myself helping supply a friend who would go flat to flat to flat with food, clothing, Bibles, and the gospel. Both sides of that Freeway were quite the scary places, yet other than a rock thrown through a windshield from an overpass, wayback in the 1968 era riots just one time no one got so much as a scratch for their efforts to share of our Lord and of food and clothing. Though I did also take one rock literally through the sunroof  thrown from the  street at Compton in 1985-ish. Amazing shot by a little kid.

I saw it being thrown and just couldn't get the sunroof closed in time. It was a perfect three pointer shot while I was still moving. Kid seemed pleased with himself, I never did catch him.

Here it is,  gad's soon to be nearly half a century later, and the problems for the poor, the sick, the tired,  the homeless, are only worse; and it is not just localized in some big metropolitan city, it is everywhere! Even small cities are dumping homeless humans out in the rural woodlands   like some people do pets they are abandoning. From what I read and see it is everywhere, everywhere on earth!

Our Lord said the poor will always be with you. I didn't think he meant it might be like it has become today.

Maranatha

p.s. last time I "visited"  towns like Torrance Lomita and on up the freeway all have razor wire wrapped around the street  and freeway signs to keep people from stealing them for aluminum scrap. An amazingly depressing look for America- razor wire!

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I bet they are thinking about the same issues! What if my host has bedbugs, is a human trafficker, or a violent gang member, or a drug dealer, or all of the above?

Serious. When these Ukrainian women were coming here their men couldn't get out of the country and were forced to stay and they had to watch out with creeps who wanted a nice young good looking Ukrainian girl.

• Praying! 1

3 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

That is the old, old, story of men is it not? And the reason God allowed for divorce - the hardness of men's hearts.

Reference; the summary by our Lord given us at Matthew 19.

p.s. I would  bet it was that man's plan  from the beginning; that he was looking in all the wrong places for satisfactions that are not there to be had except through those which God will bless.  He had them and did not see, got turned over to his own strong delusions.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a similar discussion on a Dutch News site, since they're going to put illegal immigrants in hotels. Some comments are just so funny.

And when the places in the hotels are quickly filled; should they then be taken care of at citizens' homes?
Unfortunately, we don't have room with two adult children at home.....

You can also sleep in your beds in shifts, where there is a will there is a way, and those people also have a driver's license, so you can easily share your car.

• Haha 1