IGNORED

This world is offering me less and less activities I can involve myself in.

believeinHim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,209
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

In the new house I will be more secluded and away from the main part of the house and more away from things and more privacy, etc.

The new house will help with this. 

I am waiting for the sun to come back out while we live here, And the new house will offer me some more privacy back and away in the back part of the house. Kind of feeling like I am living in solitary confinement,

But, This world is offering me less and less activities I can involved myself in. 

Edited by believeinHim

• believeinHim changed the title to This world is offering me less and less activities I can involve myself in.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  4.68
  • Days Won:  1

Living in seclusion makes it easier to avoid activities a Christian shouldn't be a part of. Perhaps this is why monasteries became a thing. Why immerse yourself in temptation?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92

On 2/20/2024 at 3:43 PM, believeinHim said:

But, This world is offering me less and less activities I can involved myself in. 

In what sense?  In the sense of being acceptable of in the sense of being accessible?

On 2/22/2024 at 12:49 PM, FJK said:

In what sense?  In the sense of being acceptable of in the sense of being accessible?

I mean, Concerts. I don't go to concerts. Entertainment. I don't pay for entertainment.

Clubs. I haven't been to one. Bars. I loathe them except for food. Shopping. Worthless and pointless, unless it is natural fibers.

Dating. Not Christian, Unless it is a courtship.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92

10 hours ago, believeinHim said:

I mean, Concerts. I don't go to concerts. Entertainment. I don't pay for entertainment.

Clubs. I haven't been to one. Bars. I loathe them except for food. Shopping. Worthless and pointless, unless it is natural fibers.

I think most of what the world offers us for social activity and and entertainment should be avoided as much as possible by anyone calling themself a Christian.

But we can't avoid it entirely anymore than we can avoid people entirely, it isn't our nature to do that.  We have to look for a place that we fit in and where we don't have to pretend to be something different than we are to do it.

Be in the world but not of it, not a simple thing to do, something we need help from God to do because the world encourages us to do the opposite.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/24/2024 at 5:54 AM, FJK said:

I think most of what the world offers us for social activity and and entertainment should be avoided as much as possible by anyone calling themself a Christian.

But we can't avoid it entirely anymore than we can avoid people entirely, it isn't our nature to do that.  We have to look for a place that we fit in and where we don't have to pretend to be something different than we are to do it.

Be in the world but not of it, not a simple thing to do, something we need help from God to do because the world encourages us to do the opposite.

The pastor at the Calvary church this morning, My mom had the live stream on, He said that Amazon is the cause of putting all of the Christian bookstores out of business. And Amazon bans religious books and religious authors sometimes.

When I was in a Christian book store for the last time, The lady working there said that people will come in to the shop, shop around the store, Then go home and find it for less money online and order it there. So, Amazon is one of the reasons why there is no more Christian bookstores.

Barnes n Nobles selection of Bibles is limited. Like, there are virtually none there. For a first time Christian, or someone who has no faith, By looking at the country and what you see driving around yourself, There are no Christian bookstores.

There are no Bibles virtually little to no Bibles in the only bookstore left in America. This is Christians also doing this to this country.

Shop local. And support small business. Never use a company like that, to browse their merchandise and find it cheaper online. 

Edited by believeinHim
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,579
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, Many excellent books are available  along with some terrific teaching  courses at Zola Levitt Ministries Book Store online, now called Our Jewish Roots.

Plus there are hours and hours of excellent videos of Bible stores and music, entire plays written by Zola Levitt still available online FREE.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,579
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 2/23/2024 at 9:04 PM, believeinHim said:

It is possible to be in this world and not be of it. There is joy to be found most anywhere if one has an attitude that they are going  to be joyous in all that they do for they are going to do so in worship of God. One can make a ton of rules, but life is closer to what Curly depicted it to be in the movie City Slickers "One thing" ..."And finding it what it is is up to you."

Actually finding it is really discovering what has been there all  along but  is  revealed  personally  by the Holy Spirit, whereas before it was not seen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

On 2/23/2024 at 9:04 PM, believeinHim said:

@believeinHim Well, in prayer and the Scriptures - whether on one's own or with other likeminded Christians - there is a wealth of profitable activity.........