• Topic Count:  963
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,740
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, berry said:

Well being frugal  is not a bad quality

I suppose. I am just beginning to realize I no longer need put money away for my old age should I live that long-  LOL!

Though I now have a new dilemma; I tend to think why should I buy of what I can't get long term use out of if I buy, because I will up and kip before it goes bad.

Though today I did go into Slowes, and after loading and unloading my cart a few rimes I made a purchase of some storage  shelving- having converted a laundry chute closet into  emergency food storage space. I almost panicked and unloaded my goods selected when I found there were no checkers at any stations just those do it yourself checkout stations, then I remembered the Pro desk- It was staffed! BUT it took forever to get checked out due to customer problems with the three "Pros " in front of me. I near panicked but hung on tight to my cart and  stuck it out.  

Have my closet finished and ready for food supplies! Oh my, have to buy food. Maybe wife can do it all. Well no, I need go to handle those big cases of stuff. Can't do Wallyworld, nor Costco, but surprisingly I don't mind BJ's store; fact it has some pretty good stuff and not a lot of crazies shopping in it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I suppose. I am just beginning to realize I no longer need put money away for my old age should I live that long-  LOL!

Though I now have a new dilemma; I tend to think why should I buy of what I can't get long term use out of if I buy, because I will up and kip before it goes bad.

Though today I did go into Slowes, and after loading and unloading my cart a few rimes I made a purchase of some storage  shelving- having converted a laundry chute closet into  emergency food storage space. I almost panicked and unloaded my goods selected when I found there were no checkers at any stations just those do it yourself checkout stations, then I remembered the Pro desk- It was staffed! BUT it took forever to get checked out due to customer problems with the three "Pros " in front of me. I near panicked but hung on tight to my cart and  stuck it out.  

Have my closet finished and ready for food supplies! Oh my, have to buy food. Maybe wife can do it all. Well no, I need go to handle those big cases of stuff. Can't do Wallyworld, nor Costco, but surprisingly I don't mind BJ's store; fact it has some pretty good stuff and not a lot of crazies shopping in it.

My husband  and I started preparing  for  the inflation...and whatever  else was going to happen...2 years back...buying...storing...water catchment system...gardening..etc...

he died this last August...

the process is well underway to deplete very much..

gave away loads..even water catching  system...

i don't  want to go there anymore  in my mind of 

what's goin  to happen...

Only God knows..

As you go through  the days....may God bless you always

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18

1 hour ago, berry said:

My husband  and I started preparing  for  the inflation...and whatever  else was going to happen...2 years back...buying...storing...water catchment system...gardening..etc...

he died this last August...

the process is well underway to deplete very much..

gave away loads..even water catching  system...

i don't  want to go there anymore  in my mind of 

what's goin  to happen...

Only God knows..

As you go through  the days....may God bless you always

Hi, I am sorry that you are in the time after the loss of your life mate where there is raw upheaval and adjustment that goes with the loss.  It is likely good that you are being what "they" call proactive and not sitting still.

( Our food stocks will have little affect in beating inflation, but it might get us through yet another hurricane  and the problems those present us.)

As we each find out, can't beat what is going to happen, but we can even in the harshest of times have hope that is certain in our Lord and savior Jesus. May we each be a blessing to God as he blesses us.

• Loved it! 1

On 2/22/2024 at 12:30 PM, Sower said:

I'm reasonably sure you grew up with parents and grandparents that went through the great depression. They knew how to make ends meet raising a family during those hard times

Yes, and a few of them remembered the great depression of 1873-1896, only to face 1930, with two great wars the second one I which I was born into.

My own parents went from rather extreme poverty to rather excellent financial standing through working long hours and establishing their own businesses. And; when it came time to sell they shared (or tithed) of  the gain with their employees!

They taught us, by their quietly done deeds that one does not stand alone in success, bragging me me me I did it. The term "paying forward" was simply  a thing that was done, without it being something for recognition.

I learned to appreciate the word eleemosynary though I can never spell it without looking it up, even then it is hard to type correctly, LOL.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/25/2024 at 9:37 AM, Neighbor said:

Hi, I am sorry that you are in the time after the loss of your life mate where there is raw upheaval and adjustment that goes with the loss.  It is likely good that you are being what "they" call proactive and not sitting still.

( Our food stocks will have little affect in beating inflation, but it might get us through yet another hurricane  and the problems those present us.)

As we each find out, can't beat what is going to happen, but we can even in the harshest of times have hope that is certain in our Lord and savior Jesus. May we each be a blessing to God as he blesses us.

it's  difficult  to find a forum where  we can just chat..about our day..our live..whatever..I like talking with you 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, berry said:

it's  difficult  to find a forum where  we can just chat..about our day..our live..whatever..I like talking with you 

Thanks, My son says old-er people just lose their filters, they say whatever enters their head without concern for how they will appear to others for having done so.

I find that there are a lot of great  celebrity examples and the political field is rift with oldsters that no longer can filter a thought before expressing it. Get's quite humorous, by gum. Personally, I am finding it liberating.

Plus I really do appreciate hearing the thoughts of others expressed even as they think them. It is far more interesting to me than what is rattling around already  in mine.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.51
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Thanks, My son says old-er people just lose their filters, they say whatever enters their head without concern for how they will appear to others for having done so.

Don't tell anyone, but I use my age to say whatever I really feel like saying knowing that people will just think I'm confused and don't mean it and let me get away with it.

Also, being "too old" is a great way to get out of doing the thing things I don't want to do without consequences.

There's a certain degree of freedom in that.

• Loved it! 1