• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

28 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

That's a bit extreme. I didn't say that. I only said that most Christians don't go out of their way to do good deeds and so most are indistinguishable from unbelievers. We are supposed to be the salt of the Earth and the light of the world, but most blend in with the world and you can't pick most out of a crowd by their actions.

The `good works` we are to do are those told to us by the Lord as to building up the Body of Christ. (Eph. 2: 10)

And those will be done in the power of the Holy Spirit and not for self-aggrandizement. This is what is rewarded or not at the `bema seat` of Christ. (1 Cor. 3: 11 - 15)

Also, it is Israel that is the salt and light of the world. (Matt. 5: 13 - 16)

The Body of Christ is the light to shine so people can come out of darkness. (Eph. 5: 8) 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

29 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

AMEN. Jesus used a parable to say that some seed will yield 30, 60, or 100 fold. I think this shows that ALL Christians will be fruitful, although to varying degrees. Although 1 Corinthians 3 shows the possibility of a believer who IS SAVED but yielded NOTHING. So that's a bit of a pickle.

The parables are to do with Israel. Jesus came to them to confirm the promises from the fathers. (Rom. 15: 8)

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

46 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

AMEN. Jesus used a parable to say that some seed will yield 30, 60, or 100 fold. I think this shows that ALL Christians will be fruitful, although to varying degrees. Although 1 Corinthians 3 shows the possibility of a believer who IS SAVED but yielded NOTHING. So that's a bit of a pickle.

Yes, the bema fire will reveal what sort of work the believer's faith has produced - gold, silver, precious stone, or wood, hay, stubble.   May we hear those words from Him, "Well done good and faithful servant, you have been faithful in a few things . . ."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

You pass judgment on that which you possibly can't know; that being "most" Christians." In order for you to righteously and properly judge most Christians, then you would need to be familiar with all Christians. You are certainly not.

That's the trap of this flesh I pointed out earlier. Judge yourself --- which is to say, examine yourself --- for that is entirely scriptural and commendable. Refrain from passing judgment measured by ignorance and even insolence, remembering the admonition not to curse a servant to their Master. 

I agree. When I say most Christians, I mean the ones I know personally. Obviously that's less than 1 out of 1,000,000 self proclaimed Christians in the world. So maybe there are TONS of Christians who are out witnessing, preaching, volunteering, giving, and doing everything Jesus tells us to do. It's definitely possible. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

The parables are to do with Israel. Jesus came to them to confirm the promises from the fathers. (Rom. 15: 8)

Why do you think those parables are ONLY about Israel? Did Jesus say that? I didn't see it limited only to Israel.

4 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Why do you think those parables are ONLY about Israel? Did Jesus say that? I didn't see it limited only to Israel.

That is an important question. Jesus said some things  -

1. for everyone - `For God so loved the world that He gave...` (John 3: 16)

2. for a specific person `And Peter remembered the word of Jesus who said to him, "Before the rooster crows...` (Matt. 26: 75)

3. for a group`the chief priests and the elders confronted Him....Jesus answered and said to them...` (Matt. 21: 23 & 24)

4. for Jerusalem - `O Jerusalem, Jerusalem....how often I wanted to gather your children...` (Luke 13: 34)

5. for Israel - `and great multitudes were gathered to Him.....Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: "Behold, a sower went out to sow..."` (Matt. 13: 2 & 3)

When Jesus spoke these parables He was confirming the promises made to the fathers. (Rom. 15: 8)

1. The sower - Dan. 2: 44 & 7: 27.

etc

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

18 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

Shouldn't a Christian think differently? If so, a different behavior will follow, except bad habits until broken or changed through conscious effort by the help of the Holy Spirit.

The following I've heard in more than one sermon and perhaps you have also heard it mentioned in the past. I believe it's attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson:

We sow a thought and reap an action.

We sow an action and reap a habit.

We sow a habit and reap a character.

We sow a character and reap a destiny.

Unseen thoughts produce visible consequences.

Fear is an emotion. Faith is an attitude.

Focus is a choice.

None of the above are my words.

@D. Adrien 2 Corinthians 5.17: "...if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.91

45 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

That is an important question. Jesus said some things  -

1. for everyone - `For God so loved the world that He gave...` (John 3: 16)

2. for a specific person `And Peter remembered the word of Jesus who said to him, "Before the rooster crows...` (Matt. 26: 75)

3. for a group`the chief priests and the elders confronted Him....Jesus answered and said to them...` (Matt. 21: 23 & 24)

4. for Jerusalem - `O Jerusalem, Jerusalem....how often I wanted to gather your children...` (Luke 13: 34)

5. for Israel - `and great multitudes were gathered to Him.....Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: "Behold, a sower went out to sow..."` (Matt. 13: 2 & 3)

When Jesus spoke these parables He was confirming the promises made to the fathers. (Rom. 15: 8)

1. The sower - Dan. 2: 44 & 7: 27.

etc

Praise God.  This is powerful. 

I read this the other night (Matthew) and read Jesus' words commenting on Isaiah's writings after the parable.  And it still didn't hit home.  

Sometimes, I wonder, how I even tie my shoes!

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Gabriel80 said:

Praise God.  This is powerful. 

I read this the other night (Matthew) and read Jesus' words commenting on Isaiah's writings after the parable.  And it still didn't hit home.  

Sometimes, I wonder, how I even tie my shoes!

Good one there Gabriel,

`Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says "Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive;

for the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them.`  (Matt. 13: 13 - 15)

Glad you have your eyes open. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The Kingdom rule from heaven is of –

GOD`S CHARACTER – Righteous Father.

1.The Sower and the Seed – God`s Word of the Kingdom.

`Behold, a sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away.

And some fell among thorns and the thorns sprang up and choked them. But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.` (Matt. 13: 3 – 8)

Jesus explains to his disciples that the `seed,` represents God`s word of the kingdom.

`Therefore hear the parable of the sower: When anyone hears the word of the kingdom….` (Matt. 13: 18 & 19)

Jesus explains why the `seed` doesn`t take root in some people – because of the enemy, or tribulation and persecution, the cares of this world or the deceitfulness of riches. (Matt. 13: 19 – 22)

However, the one who received the word of the kingdom and understood it produced good fruit. And that `fruit` is righteousness, `the fruit of righteousness…` (James 3: 18) God`s kingdom rule would be a righteous rulership for that is God`s character.

In the Old Testament God revealed through the Prophets that He would set up His righteous rulership (kingdom) through Israel. And this would be over the nations in the millennium. This was a wonderful word of hope and promise to Israel. Many believed, however, over time many doubted what God had said.

The prophet Daniel told of the timing of God`s righteous rulership through Israel. It will be when God brings to an end the Gentiles ruling the world. Then the Millennial reign of Christ through Israel will begin.

`In the days of these (Gentile) kings the God of Heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed…(it) shall be given to the people, the saints (Israel) of the Most High. ` (Dan. 2: 44 & 7: 27)

image.png.7dcff3602049345b76e201e5d71e14fd.png

• Well Said! 1