• Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, RdJ said:

A busybody in the row of murderers is interesting. Heard that often in church. Don't be a busybody! It's in the same row as murder.

But what is being a busybody? It was often said when you were trying to help and yes okay it was rotten annoying, sorry, but not that bad if you ask me. Just that you treat someone like a kid. Have you not forgotten this or that? Don't be a busybody! Okay. Never mind. Later: drive the whole way back to pick it up, cause they forgot. 

I wonder what this text means. Is it a sin similar to murder? Then I would think it's about something like this:

And besides they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house, and not only idle but also gossips and busybodies, saying things which they ought not. Therefore I desire that the younger widows marry, bear children, manage the house, give no opportunity to the adversary to speak reproachfully. For some have already turned aside after Satan.
I Timothy 5:13‭-‬15 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/1ti.5.13-15.NKJV

It could also mean that the consequences are as bad. A murderer gets thrown into jail and if you try to help you may get bitten.

He who passes by and meddles in a quarrel not his own Is like one who takes a dog by the ears. 
Proverbs 26:17‭

We have a song from an old tv program for kids in which a woman sings: stay out of the way, it's none of your business and then a woman hits her dog and 2 kids are fighting and 2 adults fight and she sees it and just bikes on, singing do not meddle in other people's business, but then she says: if I only care about myself, then who cares about you?

In matters of faith, all must learn to walk by faith, by their own relationship to the Lord by the Holy Spirit. The only faithful leadership and influence is to direct others in promoting and developing that relationship. This is Paul's meaning"

2 Co 1:24 Not that we have dominion over your faith, but are fellow workers for your joy; for by faith you stand.

If my threads encourage and exhort others to pursue a deeper relationship with the Lord by His Spirit and His Word, then I have been faithful. 

If anyone feels that myself or anyone else is trying to interpret the  scriptures for them and direct their behavior, ignore the teaching but not the scriptures. Seek the Lord to insure you have a full comprehension of the scriptures cited. Be Noble. Be True. Be Faithful.

And may the God of Peace be with you.

Edited by Mr. M
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

Ah now I know what the Bible means with busybody.

https://www.gotquestions.org/busybody-Bible.html

gossip.jpg.c609663b3efbeb4229c5dd6ab072e20b.jpg

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

You know we're all influencers in one way or another. Are we mass murderers?

Now on to the ops definition. I watch a lot of FB reels and find a lot of christian influencers on there, spreading Christ's love. Are they mass murderers?

I would say no. I would say the ops claim is a unscriptural generalization at best.

Social media is a thing now. It's an integral part of culture and it's not going away. It's where the people are, like it or not. And If we hide from it that doesn't do anything to further the kingdom of God.

Because social media isnt inherently evil or good. It's a tool. Nothing more, nothing less. And it's largely used for evil, that is true.

But going through the reels I see many Christian influencers using the platform of their choice to spread the gospel. They're being in the world but not of it, using the tools available to them to preach Christ to those that will listen, just like the apostle Paul did on Mars hill.

I myself have used social media for good. It's a powerful tool that can indeed be used for good, hence why it's being censored so badly. 

So to compare influencers to mass murderers, isn't scriptural. At least not as a blanket term, there certainly are a great many of them that are following selfish desires, but they aren't all doing so and it's a disservice and a false claim to paint them all under the same flag.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8

21 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

You know we're all influencers in one way or another. Are we mass murderers?

Now on to the ops definition. I watch a lot of FB reels and find a lot of christian influencers on there, spreading Christ's love. Are they mass murderers?

I would say no. I would say the ops claim is a unscriptural generalization at best.

Social media is a thing now. It's an integral part of culture and it's not going away. It's where the people are, like it or not. And If we hide from it that doesn't do anything to further the kingdom of God.

Because social media isnt inherently evil or good. It's a tool. Nothing more, nothing less. And it's largely used for evil, that is true.

But going through the reels I see many Christian influencers using the platform of their choice to spread the gospel. They're being in the world but not of it, using the tools available to them to preach Christ to those that will listen, just like the apostle Paul did on Mars hill.

I myself have used social media for good. It's a powerful tool that can indeed be used for good, hence why it's being censored so badly. 

So to compare influencers to mass murderers, isn't scriptural. At least not as a blanket term, there certainly are a great many of them that are following selfish desires, but they aren't all doing so and it's a disservice and a false claim to paint them all under the same flag.

It was established early on that sharing testimonies, and the Gospel message is not what the OP is about, nor is the reference to "mass murderers" connected to Influencers, but Peter's statement concerning "busybodies".

Your comments don't reflect on the OP at all. There was no blanket term applied or "false flag". If there had been, your comments would certainly be valid, and are appreciated nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

It was established early on that sharing testimonies, and the Gospel message is not what the OP is about, nor is the reference to "mass murderers" connected to Influencers, but Peter's statement concerning "busybodies".

Your comments don't reflect on the OP at all. There was no blanket term applied or "false flag". If there had been, your comments would certainly be valid, and are appreciated nonetheless.

Well, that is not the message that is conveyed in your original post-which is what I was referring to when I said OP. 

Most people aren't going to take the time to read 5 pages of comments to figure out if your backtracked your initial post, so in the future you may want to take that into consideration when making your first post.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8

Just now, The_Patriot21 said:

Well, that is not the message that is conveyed in your original post-which is what I was referring to when I said OP. 

Most people aren't going to take the time to read 5 pages of comments to figure out if your backtracked your initial post, so in the future you may want to take that into consideration when making your first post.

The OP, as is typical for threads I initiate opens with a scripture that references Jezebel who influenced the saints to apostasy. A clear concern is established for any modern influence that does the same. The OP then used a teaching from Peter to bring the focus to the church. I don't see my responsibility to other perceptions other than respond with further elaboration, which unfortunately cannot be found without further reading. If as you claim there was a "blanket application of terminology" perhaps someone could have actually cited/quoted from the OP so that a better way of expressing the concerns could be considered. Thanks for the feedback

10 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

The OP, as is typical for threads I initiate opens with a scripture that references Jezebel who influenced the saints to apostasy. A clear concern is established for any modern influence that does the same. The OP then used a teaching from Peter to bring the focus to the church. I don't see my responsibility to other perceptions other than respond with further elaboration, which unfortunately cannot be found without further reading. If as you claim there was a "blanket application of terminology" perhaps someone could have actually cited/quoted from the OP so that a better way of expressing the concerns could be considered. Thanks for the feedback

You went from jezebel to influencers, with no mention of it being used for good. The natural assumption in your natural post is your talking about all influencers, and going back and reading the comments it's obvious I'm not the only one who came to that conclusion.

While I believe you when you say that wasn't your intention, that was how it came across, and it maybe wise to make your intent a little clearer in the future.

It's the curse of online forums like this, in that were depending on the written word to coney our message and intent. If we don't use enough words we often fail to convey our intended message, but if we use to many the post goes to long and people stop reading before getting a full understanding. It's a fine line we all walk my friend.

Im not saying this as an attack, but merely a suggestion for you in the future. Have a good day.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Closed at the request of the author of the thread.

• George locked this topic