• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Man can never change what God has made. He oversees mankind. And fallen angels were all made separately and were never given the ability to reproduce. That is a lie, (I believe) 

We are NOT to focus on this topic as the OP says.

We need to focus more on the greater dangers associated with genetic manipulation and gain of function research.

God`s Word says that we are to focus on CHRIST, His Character and His Purposes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

18 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Man can never change what God has made.

Pardon me? Man has been doing that for a long time.

When man takes genes out of one creature or other life-form, and inserts those genes into other life-forms, he is changing what God created. And by the way, that is exactly what the fallen angels did, which caused them to all be destroyed during "the days of Noah." One reason for the reference of Jesus to that time in Matthew 24.

22 hours ago, other one said:

I have seen from a dozen or so articles and/or videos of the possibility of finding Gilgamesh's tomb.  And it has DNA available in it, and it's been sequenced.  It will be interesting to see how this all comes out.   It's a bit too out there for me to buy into as a fact, but interesting enough to think possible.

This is unclear. You talk about the "possibility of finding Gilgamesh's tomb," but then imply that it has already been found because (apparently) his DNA has been sequenced. Care to clear up the seeming contradiction here?

2 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Pardon me? Man has been doing that for a long time.

When man takes genes out of one creature or other life-form, and inserts those genes into other life-forms, he is changing what God created. And by the way, that is exactly what the fallen angels did, which caused them to all be destroyed during "the days of Noah." One reason for the reference of Jesus to that time in Matthew 24.

And how did fallen angels procreate when God did not give them the ability to do so?

There was no mixing of angels and mankind. Nonsense. There were only giants, bullies. 

29 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

And how did fallen angels procreate when God did not give them the ability to do so?

And your scriptural source for this claim?? I sure don't know of any.

3 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

And your scriptural source for this claim?? I sure don't know of any.

Angels don`t marry.

`For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like the angels in heaven.` (Matt. 22: 30)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,470
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/21/2024 at 8:01 PM, Marilyn C said:

Angels don`t marry.

`For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like the angels in heaven.` (Matt. 22: 30)

Hello Marilyn, top of the day to you.

True, we are not to focus on this, but the first prophetic verse in the Bible tells us there will be a long struggle between good and evil. That good (Jesus) and evil (Satan) will involve seed (semen-offspring). Was the Son of God also the son of David and lineage? The Antichrist and his ilk will be the spawn of Satan.

Let us reason and consider this a bit deeper. The adversary of God (Satan) knows God’s word better than any mere human. He knows that a showdown is coming, and he is outnumbered 2:1. Looking at Satan’s operations and tactics, one can see that he is a brilliant strategist. He always tries to mimic God but cannot create anything ex nihilo.

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. (Genesis 3:15) [emphasis mine]

[2446] זֶ֫רַע zeraʿ 229× seed, semen, that which propagates a species; by extension: that which is propagated, child, offspring, descendant, line, race [2233] See descendant; offspring; seed.[1]

SEED. In Scripture the word “seed” is used literally of the essential plant organism which enables the species to reproduce itself (Gen 1:11) and of the human male semen (Lev 15:16, 18). It is also used in many figurative ways: of human offspring, descendants, progeny (Gen 3:15; 13:15);[2]

“And I will put enmity between thee [that is, Satan] and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it [that is, Christ] shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.” This is a tremendous statement that is given to us here. The most prominent thought is not the ultimate victory that would come, but the long–continued struggle. This verse reveals the fact that now there is to be a long struggle between good and evil.[3]

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. (Matthew 22:30)

The specific location here is expressly heaven. There are two classifications of angels: fallen and those that remained faithful and obedient to the Lord. It does not state or imply they cannot procreate. Several Biblical examples show they can transform into flesh, eat, drink, and everything else human. What about the lowly, less powerful demons who can enter human flesh and indwell and control humans?

6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

We know Biblically what to take wives means. It convolutes scripture by inserting the Seth-Cain view for reasons that are too long to quote. These are literal verses and are to be taken as such. The “sons of God” are transformed heavenly beings (angels). Their seed (offspring) was the Nephilim (fallen ones-gibor-giants).

Before Noah’s flood, there is no mention of unclean spirits, evil spirits, demons, devils, or necromancy. Suddenly, after the flood, humanity is plagued with them, wondering evil spirits searching. It seems reasonable to suspect demons are the spirits of hybrid tampering killed off in the flood.

Every ancient culture from the table of nations, all at the same time, had “myths” of demigods and Titians. That belief was so ingrained and powerful that those demi-gods were worshiped down through all the empires, including today.

[1] William D. Mounce, Mounce’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old & New Testament Words (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2006), 929.

[2] Fred C. Kuehner, “Seed,” ed. Charles F. Pfeiffer, Howard F. Vos, and John Rea, The Wycliffe Bible Encyclopedia (Moody Press, 1975).

[3] J. Vernon McGee, Thru the Bible Commentary: The Law (Genesis 1-15), electronic ed., vol. 1 (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1991), 96.

• Brilliant! 1

On 3/21/2024 at 7:01 PM, Marilyn C said:

Angels don`t marry.

As Dennis correctly noted, the key words are "angels in heaven." This cannot be used to generalize to angels on earth, the only place where procreation takes place.

Now let's turn to Jude, who both directly quoted, and paraphrased from, the Book of Enoch, the primary source for the history of the angels who rebelled against God and descended to earth:

Jude 6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire,  are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

So Jude makes clear that "the angels who did not keep their proper domain [heaven]" did something very like the Sodomites, by "indulg[ing] in sexual immorality."

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/19/2024 at 8:43 PM, The Hare said:

Something sinister has quietly slipped through the din of the Covid-19 slugfest. We need to focus more on the greater dangers associated with genetic manipulation and gain of function research.

What began as a scientific mission to remedy congenital defects has rapidly morphed into a global race to create designer babies, super soldiers and transhumans through the aid of biotechnology, Artificial Intelligence and/or machine-neuralinking. 21st century eugenics is tacitly justified by the need to boost “national competitiveness”.

Are we returning to the Days of Noah i.e. "Just like in the Days of Noah..." (Matthew 24:37-39)? What specifically marked the Days of Noah? 

https://drmathewmaavak.substack.com/p/coronavirus-in-a-time-of-chimeras

Do you listen to the parapolitical/paranormal talk show host Clyde Lewis? (the show is called Ground Zero). If you don't, you'd probably like him.  You can see if your local station has it on, or again download one of these radio apps and search him out and his shows are weekdays 7-10 Pacific time. Now past the promo, I said this because he (and others I'm finding) are seeing that they are playing around with genetics and big on human-computer mutations (cyborgs). Already, when you think of it, people are attached to their screens and smart phones, etc. so a lot of what they think and feel are heavily influenced.  Clyde gets into Bible prophecy as well and while he can compete with any end-time preacher's knowledge, he's more concerned tackling these subjects as a talk show host making people aware what's all happening.  He gets into the political realm of things as well.  

As for books, I'm re-reading "Birthright" by Timothy Alberino.  Pretty heavy stuff for the average person, but he confirms what I both believed and suspected for awhile now as being into Old Earth Creationism, the angelic beings in the world before, the destruction and recreation of the earth etc and all ending with this same topic where humans are headed.  Of course I do not believe the Lord will not let it get past a certain point, but rather what's in the end is the same spirit behind Genesis 6 or to put it another way, "As in the days of Noah..."  

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,470
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, tim_from_pa said:

Do you listen to the parapolitical/paranormal talk show host Clyde Lewis? (the show is called Ground Zero). If you don't, you'd probably like him.  You can see if your local station has it on, or again download one of these radio apps and search him out and his shows are weekdays 7-10 Pacific time. Now past the promo, I said this because he (and others I'm finding) are seeing that they are playing around with genetics and big on human-computer mutations (cyborgs). Already, when you think of it, people are attached to their screens and smart phones, etc. so a lot of what they think and feel are heavily influenced.  Clyde gets into Bible prophecy as well and while he can compete with any end-time preacher's knowledge, he's more concerned tackling these subjects as a talk show host making people aware what's all happening.  He gets into the political realm of things as well.  

As for books, I'm re-reading "Birthright" by Timothy Alberino.  Pretty heavy stuff for the average person, but he confirms what I both believed and suspected for awhile now as being into Old Earth Creationism, the angelic beings in the world before, the destruction and recreation of the earth etc and all ending with this same topic where humans are headed.  Of course I do not believe the Lord will not let it get past a certain point, but rather what's in the end is the same spirit behind Genesis 6 or to put it another way, "As in the days of Noah..."  

I cannot prove it, but I also lean toward an old earth theory for many reasons, that it might be older than Ussher and others calculate of 6-10 thousand years. I will not write paragraphs explaining my thoughts of why once again. I think the following could be associated with the old earth theory and Satan’s dominion as the little god over this planet at present, along with the princes, principalities, and powers of the air.

Adam was appointed dominion and kingship of earth, and because of sin, Satan usurped that kingdom and authority; how did he do that? Did Satan have a legal right?

Even Jesus Himself did not rebuke Satan when he offered Jesus the world's kingdoms. Our Lord is a legalist; he is the Judge, gave the Ten and all the other commandments, our justification is a legal term, the seven-seal scroll, etc., is a legal document.

I surmise the earth may have been judged twice by water, and both times, it was in chaos; both times, by water, it was refurbished. Next time, the earth will be restored by fire.

And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. (Genesis 9:11)

The context of Genesis nine seems to imply this was not the first time the Lord destroyed the earth by water, but that is an assumption.

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Genesis 1:6-8 is odd? God called everything he created good on every other Creation Day. Did He forget to add that for the second heaven (residence of the principalities and powers of the air)?

How did Satan obtain the legal right to usurp Adam unless he previously held that position and kingship of the planet? On what grounds and why was Satan permitted to replace Adam?

I also follow Timothy Alberino, Prophecy Watchers, etc. 

• Thumbs Up 2