• Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hello Marilyn, top of the day to you.

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. (Genesis 3:15) [emphasis mine]

[2446] זֶ֫רַע zeraʿ 229× seed, semen, that which propagates a species; by extension: that which is propagated, child, offspring, descendant, line, race [2233] See descendant; offspring; seed.[1]

SEED. In Scripture the word “seed” is used literally of the essential plant organism which enables the species to reproduce itself (Gen 1:11) and of the human male semen (Lev 15:16, 18). It is also used in many figurative ways: of human offspring, descendants, progeny (Gen 3:15; 13:15);[2]

Hi Dennis,

A good day to you too, bro. 

Now, are you telling me that the Pharisees are of seed, semen of Satan?

Jesus said to the Pharisees, "You are of your father the devil,...` (John 8: 44)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

A good day to you too, bro. 

Now, are you telling me that the Pharisees are of seed, semen of Satan?

Jesus said to the Pharisees, "You are of your father the devil,...` (John 8: 44)

No, the thought never crossed my mind.

This did not mean that they had been born of the devil in the way believers are born of God. Rather, it meant, as Augustine said, that they were children of the devil by imitation. They showed their relationship to the devil by living the way he lived. “The desires of your father you want to do” expresses the intention or tendency of their hearts.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I cannot prove it, but I also lean toward an old earth theory for many reasons, that it might be older than Ussher and others calculate of 6-10 thousand years. I will not write paragraphs explaining my thoughts of why once again. I think the following could be associated with the old earth theory and Satan’s dominion as the little god over this planet at present, along with the princes, principalities, and powers of the air.

Adam was appointed dominion and kingship of earth, and because of sin, Satan usurped that kingdom and authority; how did he do that? Did Satan have a legal right?

Even Jesus Himself did not rebuke Satan when he offered Jesus the world's kingdoms. Our Lord is a legalist; he is the Judge, gave the Ten and all the other commandments, our justification is a legal term, the seven-seal scroll, etc., is a legal document.

I surmise the earth may have been judged twice by water, and both times, it was in chaos; both times, by water, it was refurbished. Next time, the earth will be restored by fire.

And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. (Genesis 9:11)

The context of Genesis nine seems to imply this was not the first time the Lord destroyed the earth by water, but that is an assumption.

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Genesis 1:6-8 is odd? God called everything he created good on every other Creation Day. Did He forget to add that for the second heaven (residence of the principalities and powers of the air)?

How did Satan obtain the legal right to usurp Adam unless he previously held that position and kingship of the planet? On what grounds and why was Satan permitted to replace Adam?

I also follow Timothy Alberino, Prophecy Watchers, etc. 

Yep, IMO and from what I know (and I won't be so proud as to say that I am always right), I agree 110% with what you say. You have a good handle as to what is happening.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

9 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

No, the thought never crossed my mind.

This did not mean that they had been born of the devil in the way believers are born of God. Rather, it meant, as Augustine said, that they were children of the devil by imitation. They showed their relationship to the devil by living the way he lived. “The desires of your father you want to do” expresses the intention or tendency of their hearts.

I was pointing out the fact that Jesus calls the Pharisees `of their father the devil,` because of their works, (as you so rightly said) and thus there are no hybrid devil/human beings. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 3/26/2024 at 3:24 PM, Dennis1209 said:

Adam was appointed dominion and kingship of earth, and because of sin, Satan usurped that kingdom and authority; how did he do that? Did Satan have a legal right?

And the standard answer to this is

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin."

The Lord gave Adam dominion over the earth, but that did not mean that Adam could not turn over that dominion to another.