• Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,595
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, Starise said:

How have you heard the "voice" of God?

Do events steer you? Do people steer you? Does an internal leaning steer you ? Presumably the voice of God.

When have you heard His voice the loudest, and  have you maybe wondered at times if he was there at all? 

1 How have you heard the "voice" of God? Answer, in many ways including by physical appearance of an angel sent to do the will of God to have the Holy Spirit turn me about to seeing Him.

2 Do events steer you? Answer; Yes. Do people steer you?  Answer; Yes. Does an internal leaning steer you ?  Answer Not so much. I do not rely on presuming an inner leaning being the lead of God, not without external confirmation anyway.  

2a Presumably the voice of God. Answer I have found God makes His will known very clearly not leaving presumption in the picture to cloud up things. God is not a trickster nor is he vague.

3 When have you heard His voice the loudest, and  have you maybe wondered at times if he was there at all?  Answer; I never wondered if he was there. I KNEW he wasn't. And then He very forcefully showed me otherwise. Since that time and event there has been no way I can forget. As I stated God is not vague.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

21 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

1 How have you heard the "voice" of God? Answer, in many ways including by physical appearance of an angel sent to do the will of God to have the Holy Spirit turn me about to seeing Him.

2 Do events steer you? Answer; Yes. Do people steer you?  Answer; Yes. Does an internal leaning steer you ?  Answer Not so much. I do not rely on presuming an inner leaning being the lead of God, not without external confirmation anyway.  

2a Presumably the voice of God. Answer I have found God makes His will known very clearly not leaving presumption in the picture to cloud up things. God is not a trickster nor is he vague.

3 When have you heard His voice the loudest, and  have you maybe wondered at times if he was there at all?  Answer; I never wondered if he was there. I KNEW he wasn't. And then He very forcefully showed me otherwise. Since that time and event there has been no way I can forget. As I stated God is not vague.

To your point 1-That's a pretty radical disclosure. Sometimes I wonder why God doesn't do that for all unbelievers.

When you say you let people steer you, does that mean only certain people? I am doubting it's just any old person.

2-Events we can't get away from. Sometimes events are more specific to us I have found. It's in those events I sometimes feel God directly speaking. If I know the inner voice I follow it.

on point 3- When I think of some people I think, "if only". You were very fortunate.

• Followers:  18

18 minutes ago, Starise said:

When you say you let people steer you, does that mean only certain people? I am doubting it's just any old person.

While I am greatly "steered" by Rev. Charles Haddon Spurgeon, by John Calvin, John Gill, and still today by pastors like John Piper and yes even John MacArthur, I am equally steered to the word by many  a fellow lamb of the sheepfold of my Lord and savior Yeshua.

I am even steered by this ministry and it's many  contributors as we fellowship, discuss, and debate. But  I am LED by the word of God; as revealed to me by the Holy Spirit for application in my own life; sometimes without preparation on my part, but more often after working, yes working is the word, at learning the Bible itself. For the lead need conform to the word as the word confirms the lead.

33 minutes ago, Starise said:

Sometimes I wonder why God doesn't do that for all unbelievers.

Ah there are way  more "fun" ways to come to know Jesus is God than to be confronted by an angel. I don't recommend being such a donkey mind as to have need for God to get in your face through angels. It is very humbling not a naturally wonderful all happy talk  experience at all.

To simply experience the Holy Spirit's specific call as a near innocent a child I would think to be a much more desirable conversion experience. I on the other hand am only Christian because God answers prayer- the prayer of others for me in my own case.

It is the foreknown by God and predestined by Him series of events leading to much prayer for me that pleased him that I am turned about through the Holy Spirit to knowing that Yeshua is my Lord  God and savior. Probably was not a whole lot of fun for anyone involved, but is hopefully even now a joy for those others that did pray to God about me, even though they had long since passed on themselves by the time I was turned about.

It is all about God's faithfulness. He is faithful to His word.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

While I am greatly "steered" by Rev. Charles Haddon Spurgeon, by John Calvin, John Gill, and still today by pastors like John Piper and yes even John MacArthur, I am equally steered to the word by many  a fellow lamb of the sheepfold of my Lord and savior Yeshua.

I am even steered by this ministry and it's many  contributors as we fellowship, discuss, and debate. But  I am LED by the word of God; as revealed to me by the Holy Spirit for application in my own life; sometimes without preparation on my part, but more often after working, yes working is the word, at learning the Bible itself. For the lead need conform to the word as the word confirms the lead.

While I like those guys who were some amazing preachers, I don't entirely agree with them, and so as not to derail that's all I'll say for now. I will say I am in agreement with them over the fundamentals. They all come from one area of thinking.  I have taken other areas of thinking into account that I feel are no less biblical.

And while the bible is of paramount importance as our main guide, God surely works in other ways besides just reading it. Anything that happens to me I will interpret using the bible. However, the things of God never stopped working and the things He does are often only held back by a lack of faith in His ability. Those guys are encapsualted in a theological system which some may or may not agree with in totality. It looks good on paper but I have found some of it lacking in purpose for me personally.

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Ah there are way  more "fun" ways to come to know Jesus is God than to be confronted by an angel. I don't recommend being such a donkey mind as to have need for God to get in your face through angels. It is very humbling not a naturally wonderful all happy talk  experience at all.

To simply experience the Holy Spirit's specific call as a near innocent a child I would think to be a much more desirable conversion experience. I on the other hand am only Christian because God answers prayer- the prayer of others for me in my own case.

It is the foreknown by God and predestined by Him series of events leading to much prayer for me that pleased him that I am turned about through the Holy Spirit to knowing that Yeshua is my Lord  God and savior. Probably was not a whole lot of fun for anyone involved, but is hopefully even now a joy for those others that did pray to God about me, even though they had long since passed on themselves by the time I was turned about.

It is all about God's faithfulness. He is faithful to His word.

If such things "did the trick" I say go for it, especially on the hard cases. I'm sure angels are scary but man would I ever love to have a few of them wake up persons who don't believe in a metaphysical. 

Yes if only we could have all experienced God as a little child. That was the case with me being saved early in life because there was a lot I did not know. This worked for me not against me. A theory tries to describe how something works, yet if it in fact works, then we need to work backwards.

The world prides themselves in becoming more sophisticated. This has led to the new atheism where large swaths of people in the world have all talked themselves out of a God. Just look at their 'evidence' and on the other side of it we have believers arguing things they don't fully understand just because. I'll call them teacher followers who believe eveything their favorite teachers say which is more about trust than logic. The created have out smarted their creator eliminating Him from their lives. They claim to be happy as a result. Maybe so if only temporarily. It will one day be God obvious to them hopefully before it's too late. 

Foreknowing and predestination are catch phrases for a doctrine not everyone here holds. I have explained in other areas how I resolve this. God destined ALL men to be saved, some were called to speacial purposes and God knows what every man and woman will eventually CHOOSE. In that sense I agree, but don't let this be confused with faith and free will. 

God is faithful no doubt. The most reliable being in the universe. 

5 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Then you would have God breaking His own seal
Revelation 22:18 (KJV)

[18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

[19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Plus this would not be true then
2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)

[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

This would be like taking a given, such as the bible, and saying that there is only one given or that there can't be further representations of it.

When specifically talking about hearing the voice of God we have plenty of biblical precident from persons who had no bible in sight at the time.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

2 hours ago, Starise said:

I have taken other areas of thinking into account that I feel are no less biblical.

I do think of the two Johns, Piper and MacArthur as being quite different, and yet they do work together  finding themselves to both have become Pilgrims  as they matured. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Starise said:

It looks good on paper but I have found some of it lacking in purpose for me personally.

You think you may be odd man out in this grouping. I worked with their teaching for 20 years as a freewill Calvinist. Talk about odd man out! Nice thing is they do talk,  share,  encourage, and love God as well as each other along with  us too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, other one said:

On rare occasions with my ears.

Would you care to elaborate your experience with me.
I have never heard an audible voice. Only my own thoughts/impressions, vaguely.
Hopefully influenced/prompted by the holy spirit and not another spirit.
I have been been born of the spirit, yet do not know of any 'baptism' in the spirit experience.
Nor any voice. I do not question those who have experienced them.
Only ponder why then I have not, if hearing a voice and/or being re baptized in the spirit is available to all believers.

Thanks other one...

5 minutes ago, TheBlade said:

I did ask when I was very young why am I not hearing from God she said "you don't take the time to listen"

Hi Are you attributing a gender to God, or are you talking about your mother still?