IGNORED

The First Adam and the Second Adam - Are their bodies the same?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

The First Adam and the Second Adam – are their bodies the same?

The First Adam.

When God created the First Adam he was made from the dust of the earth.

`And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.` (Gen. 2: 7)

God told the First Adam to be fruitful and have dominion over the earth.

`God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.` (Gen. 1: 28)

The First Adam had a physical body, with flesh, blood and bones. God told Noah -

`You shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.` (Gen. 9: 4)

So, we see that man`s inheritance is the earth and even though man sinned, God will restore mankind to the earth again, the new earth. We read of people of the nations on the new earth walking in the light of the New Jerusalem.

`And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.` (Rev. 21: 24)

These people on the earth will have bodies as the first Adam`s body with the ability to procreate. They will live forever for the Lord will feed them of His life – the Tree of Life.

Now, let us look at the Second Adam – Jesus.

(to make things clear, I am referring to Jesus after He died and rose again - His glorified Body.)

`The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.

And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.` (1 Cor. 15: 47 – 49)

The believers who are in Christ, in the Body of Christ, will have a body like unto the Lord`s.

`…we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.` (1 John 3: 2)

And Jesus` body is glorified, with flesh and bones but NOT blood.

`Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have. ` (Luke 24: 39)

His life is by the Holy Spirit as our life will be. Our body will be immortal and incorruptible and receives its life from the Lord for we are intimately connected – Head – Body.

`For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. ` (1 Cor. 15: 53)

Thus, we see that there is a difference between the First Adam`s body and the Second Adam`s body. Each are made for a different inheritance in God`s great kingdom.

Earthly man will have dominion over the earth as God promised.

Heavenly man will have dominion over all of God`s great kingdom.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne…` (Rev. 3: 21)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

That difference is found after the resurrection of the Lord. It's important to make this distinction because many Gnostic schools during the time of the apostles taught that the Son of Man did not come in this flesh, which is to say a body like our own. We know that He did indeed. 

The Gnostics taught their blasphemy in keeping with their truly bizarre cosmology; the "material" world was created by an evil diety, therefore all material things are irrevocably evil. The Gnostics were incomprehensible heretics as a whole. 

Edited by Marathoner

26 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

That difference is found after the resurrection of the Lord. It's important to make this distinction because many Gnostic schools during the time of the apostles taught that the Son of Man did not come in this flesh, which is to say a body like our own. We know that He did indeed. 

The Gnostics taught their blasphemy in keeping with their truly bizarre cosmology; the "material" world was created by an evil diety, therefore all material things are irrevocably evil. The Gnostics were incomprehensible heretics as a whole. 

Hi Marathoner,

Thanks for commenting. That is very insightful and needed, thank you.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Interesting topic, Marilyn.

I thought for sure I had read scripture that said Jesus was fully man as we are. I looked it up and no place does scripture say Jesus was fully man, exactly, that I could find. Only that he had the attributes of man, the likeness, evidence etc;

Quote:
"
In the four Gospels, there is ample evidence that Jesus was fully human since He was born to a human mother (Matthew 1:25), He experienced hunger (Matthew 21:18) and thirst (John 19:28). Jesus also experienced temptation (Matthew 4:1) pain and suffering (Matthew 16:21), and He died (Matthew (27:50)"

I did find this though, that is the closest I could find, that he was like us in all things.

“Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham. Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.” 
Hebrews 2:14-17.

I do not know the specifics of 'heavenly man' vs the man Adam.
Thought it, fully man like us, was necessary for the sacrifice on the cross to be just. But what do I know of the mysteries of God...
default_cool2.gif.c8595dc23a7a36c5e3ff02326c9a663e.gif

Thanks Marilyn. got me digging...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

I always found it interesting that Jesus (aka "the last Adam") so frequently referred to Himself as "the Son of man" and not very much as the Son of God.  And as @Sower pointed out in Hebrews 2, "In all things He had to be made like His brethren."

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Not only what my brothers have said but also the temptations were as we have experienced~  'yet without yielding to a single instance'

Hebrews 4:15 (KJV)
[15] For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

As many the sins I have yielded to... this truth of Him magnifies Him to me as God in flesh... and the desperate need of His Life covering over my own...

46 minutes ago, Sower said:

Interesting topic, Marilyn.

I thought for sure I had read scripture that said Jesus was fully man as we are. I looked it up and no place does scripture say Jesus was fully man, exactly, that I could find. Only that he had the attributes of man, the likeness, evidence etc;

Quote:
"
In the four Gospels, there is ample evidence that Jesus was fully human since He was born to a human mother (Matthew 1:25), He experienced hunger (Matthew 21:18) and thirst (John 19:28). Jesus also experienced temptation (Matthew 4:1) pain and suffering (Matthew 16:21), and He died (Matthew (27:50)"

I did find this though, that is the closest I could find, that he was like us in all things.

“Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham. Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.” 
Hebrews 2:14-17.

I do not know the specifics of 'heavenly man' vs the man Adam.
Thought it, fully man like us, was necessary for the sacrifice on the cross to be just. But what do I know of the mysteries of God...
default_cool2.gif.c8595dc23a7a36c5e3ff02326c9a663e.gif

Thanks Marilyn. got me digging...

Great Sower,

I do like questions also that make me look more closely to God`s word. I agree that the Lord was fully a man, (yet with the divine nature). However, after His death and resurrection He has a glorified body which is far different than the human body that died. He can never die now and has as immortal and incorruptible body.

Sorry that I wasn`t so clear on that point in my op.

37 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

I always found it interesting that Jesus (aka "the last Adam") so frequently referred to Himself as "the Son of man" and not very much as the Son of God.  And as @Sower pointed out in Hebrews 2, "In all things He had to be made like His brethren."

Hi VA,

I so agree that the Lord was like us, fully human, though without tainted blood. His blood was pure, precious and divine. it was from the Father. Then when Christ died and rose again He was given a glorified Body - immortal and incorruptible. 

Sorry I wasn`t too clear on that point in the op.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Not only what my brothers have said but also the temptations were as we have experienced~  'yet without yielding to a single instance'

Hebrews 4:15 (KJV)
[15] For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

As many the sins I have yielded to... this truth of Him magnifies Him to me as God in flesh... and the desperate need of His Life covering over my own...

Amen enoob,

Heb. 10: 5 `Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, but a body You have prepared for Me.` 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I know I'm gonna sound crazy lol but this is what I believe and it is very biblical. 
There was two Adams 
Both of them have to turn to Jesus and repent. There is no difference there when it comes to being saved
Where the difference  comes is the second Adam was the bloodline to Jesus 

The first Adam was the human race but God needed someone to till the soil and make sure the bloodline for Jesus, our savior was set up

OK here's where it gets crazy I am not a seven day believer. I am an eight day believer. 
After God rested on the seventh day, that's when the other second Adam came in to play 

Of course, Cane was sent to take out Adam and try to destroy the bloodline, however, Seth was able to carry it on even when Satan tried to stop it again with the fallen angels and the Giants they had to be flooded out. They also wanted to destroy the bloodline. Anyway, that's a lot of information to digest lol.

• Interesting! 1