• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  956
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,610
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 4/1/2024 at 2:22 AM, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

but the Bible also says we must repent and turn from our wicked ways, then put our faith in Christ Jesus to saved.

Gee  I skipped steps one and two altogether; fact I didn't even do step three. God just up and tuned me about one day and that  was that.

It was an abrupt and a bit rough a transition. All I ever said, as I was abraded and brought up short in my denials of God by an angel was, "If that  is true I want it."

Done! I was of the fold of Yeshua right then and there, born again with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and everything. A complete package. No twelve point program, nothing, just I wasn't and then I was. All by God's doing alone.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Gee  I skipped steps one and two altogether; fact I didn't even do step three. God just up and tuned me about one day and that  was that.

It was an abrupt and a bit rough a transition. All I ever said, as I was abraded and brought up short in my denials of God by an angel was, "If that  is true I want it."

Done! I was of the fold of Yeshua right then and there, born again with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and everything. A complete package. No twelve point program, nothing, just I wasn't and then I was. All by God's doing alone.

True but that’s still turning from your wicked ways and repenting. Like I said, God puts that spark in our hearts, and from there he helps us turn from our wicked ways, but yet still it’s repenting, it’s not just oh I’m gonna have faith in Christ, and keep on doing drugs, abusing my wife and child, and being involved in gang activity, and all of a sudden the persons saved, no that’s not how it works… But again like I’ve said to others replies, I do also have faith in Christ and believe in him fully, and do believe that faith in him saves, but I believe it also takes a step of repentance and a turning away from sin wethor or not it’s work you did or God doing all the work for the person repentance from sin is needed. Because people seem too think they can believe in Christ and follow him, and yet still go out to the clubs, and get wasted, and go home to there kid and husband letting there kid see them wasted every weekend, and just go to confession and it’s all good and forgiven… Novthats not ok, maybe if it happens a couple times but not consistently.

19 hours ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

When you were the servants of sin ( 1 John 3:4 ) you were free from righteousness.
What fruit had you in those things whereof you are now ashamed?
For the end of those things is death.

But now being made free from sin ( 1 John 3:4 ) ,
and become servants unto God, ( John 10:27,  2 John 1:9 )
you have your fruit unto holiness, ( John 15:5-10 )
and the end everlasting life. [ Galatians 6:7-9 ]

The wages of sin (1 John 3:4) is death:
but the gift of God is eternal life In Christ Jesus Our Lord. ( John 15:10 )
Romans 6:20-23

Now, if I do what I don't want to do,
it is no more I that do it,
but sin that dwells in me.

I find then a law, that, when I want to do good
evil is present with me.
For I delight in the law of God after the inward man.

But I see another law in my members,
warring against the law of my mind,
and bringing me into captivity
to the law of sin which is in my members.
So then with the mind I my conscious self serve the law of God,
but with the flesh the law of sin.

Oh wretched man that I am!
Who shall save me from this body of death?
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord!  [ Titus 3:5-6 ]

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are
in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh,
but after the Spirit.

Because the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus [ Luke 6:63 ]
has made me free from the law of sin and free from death.

For what the Torah (the law of Moses) could not do,
in that it was weak through the flesh,
God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh,
and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

That the righteous requirement of the law [ Deut. 10:16-19, Micah 6:8 ]
might be fulfilled in us,
who walk not after the flesh,
but after the Spirit. [ John 10:27, Luke 6:27, Matthew 7:12, Romans 13:10 ]

Contextual Romans 7:23 through Romans 8:4

Because as many as are led by the Spirit of God
they are the children of God
Romans 8:14  [ John 3:5-6 ]

If you being evil know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more shall the Father give the Holy Ghost
to those who ask Him?
Luke 11:13

Repent and be baptized every one of you
in the name of Jesus Christ { Numbers 13:16 }
for the remission of sins,
and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

after that you heard the word of truth, [ 1 Timothy 6:3-4 ]
the good news of your salvation: [ John 10:27-28 ]
in Whom also after that you believed,
you were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise.
Ephesians 1:13

For by grace you have been saved through faith,
and that not of yourselves.
The Holy Spirit is the gift of God:
not of works, lest any man should boast.
Because we are Gods creation, created in Christ Jesus,
for good works, that God has before
ordained that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:8-10

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
meekness and self control.
Galatians 5:23

And they that belong to Christ have crucified the flesh
with its passions and lusts.
Galatians 5:24

I have to complement you on all the scripture you quoted,them verses were very wisely picked especially Galatians 5:23… So I appreciate you taking your time to put it all in your comment. Thank you, very much appreciated. I still believe we should do our best to not sin though. I do however believe that yes we are saved through Christ Jesus by faith in him because of his great sacrifice, and in God and through scripture, but I also believe we need to be loyal servants, and try to do our best to be as righteous as possible.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,961
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

49 minutes ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

it’s not just oh I’m gonna have faith in Christ, and keep on doing drugs, abusing my wife and child, and being involved in gang activity, and all of a sudden the persons saved, no that’s not how it works…

Yeah, spurious conversions abound, and the sanctification message is resisted strongly by some.image.png.9c4d08d279759ef7c66a59df592864e2.png

15 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

My two

Works and repentance are a proof of genuine Salvation.

Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. (James 2:18) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. (James 2:26)

In First John chapter two, the apostle outlines a seven-question self-evaluation Salvation test, I encourage studying it.

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. (Matthew 6:24)

We either love and serve God, or we are self-serving to ourselves and darkness.

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. (1 Corinthians 13:13) [charity = agape = love]

We are the bride of Christ. An analogy: As a husband, I trust my wife to remain faithful and loyal to me to the end. I could tell her all day long that I love her. Where is the proof of that love without works, only meaningless words? Doing for her, recognizing her, and cherishing her with works and deeds are the actions and proof of my agape love. Whereas faith without works is dead.

Our works of wood, hay, and stubble will be burnt up, but:

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: (Matthew 6:20)

Without effort and righteous works, we will not see the kingdom of Heaven.

That’s what I have been trying to say thank you sir/young man not sure how old you are, but just as James said faith without works is dead James 2:14-18 faith is VERY IMPORTSNT YES but so are WORKS without repentance from sin and atleast trying to do good your just a wicked person who belives in Christ also as James said even demons believe James 2:19 that doesn’t mean there saved.

I mean no disrespect to anyone by saying the thing I say I’m just saying what I believe to be true and also I agree with this persons comment.

On 4/1/2024 at 3:12 AM, Deborah_ said:

The initial sin that we have to repent of is our rebellion against God's authority. (All other sins are symptoms and consequences of that one). You can't trust in Jesus without that repentance - it would be a contradiction in terms. You can't have faith in Jesus without calling Him Lord.

But then, if our faith (trust) and our confession are genuine, we will obey our Lord (Luke 6:46). As James puts it, faith that doesn't have some kind of practical outcome ("works") isn't a real living faith (James 2:14).

So we are saved by faith - but works are the evidence of faith. No works, no faith.

Thank you I like this answer and completely agree with Deborah. I appreciate all of the time people took to comment and help but I like the answers on here about faith with works because I was gonna add that to my post actually James 2:14-18 faith without works is dead he says so how can we be saved by faith alone and Deborah explained very well exactly what I wanted to say thank you Deborah.

sorry if I put no punctuation I am very tired hopefully my reply is readable.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,856
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

32 minutes ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

That’s what I have been trying to say thank you sir/young man not sure how old you are, but just as James said faith without works is dead James 2:14-18 faith is VERY IMPORTSNT YES but so are WORKS without repentance from sin and atleast trying to do good your just a wicked person who belives in Christ also as James said even demons believe James 2:19 that doesn’t mean there saved.

I mean no disrespect to anyone by saying the thing I say I’m just saying what I believe to be true and also I agree with this persons comment.

Why did you say things about the Devil, those things are said in the name of James but James never said them. Is not fair to say those things on behalf of James to give them credibility as being truth. Which James would have never said them because he did not believe them. He knew that they were not true. James never believed that possible. Why do you believe that is possible? 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,332
  • Content Per Day:  2.80

Eph 2

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Romans 10:9-10

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

This is very clear.  There is no list of disclaimers or exceptions here.  As for sins prior to salvation, the wages are death.  Upon salvation, these sins are forgiven.  All of them.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  956
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,610
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I can only state that repentance was not a chore nor struggle, that instead I was turned about solely by God through the Holy Spirit instantly without even so much as immediate awareness. What I was I was not any  longer. I was new, born again, different. Not of my own effort whatsoever.