The 'No Diet, No Exercise' way to a New Body

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  202
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

Reminders – What kind of body will we have?

There is little information about the form and composition of the body of Jesus after He was raised from the dead. There is, however, abundant evidence that He did indeed rise from the dead. After His resurrection, He was seen alive by all the apostles, by over 500 brethren at one time, and then by the apostle Paul. 1 Corinthians 15:4-8 Sometimes, He was readily recognized, as we’re told by Peter that “God raised Him up the third day and showed Him openly.” Acts 10:40 Other times, He was not recognized right away, as with Mary at the tomb, John 20:14 and with the two disciples walking with Him on the road to Emmaus. Luke 24:16 His resurrected body even bore the marks of His crucifixion as proved by Jesus to the doubter Thomas, Reach here your finger, and behold my hands; and reach here your hand and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless but believing. John 20:27 He ate food, And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of a honeycomb. And he took it and did eat before them.” Luke 24:42-43 Yet He was not bodily bound by the physical laws of this world, “…when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled…Jesus came and stood in the midst.” John 20:19,26 apparently passing through the wall. Then, at His ascension, after He talked with His disciples, “He was taken up; and a cloud received Him out of their sight.” Acts 1:9 The law of gravity could not hold Him.

But what about us? What kind of body will we have? Again, we don’t have much scriptural information. If we die before the rapture, our physical bodies will go into the grave and turn into dust. Yet Paul tells us that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:1-8 At that time, we will have a conscious awareness of being with Him, but in a body that is somehow different from the new bodies we will receive at our resurrection. John tells us, “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.” 1 John 3:2; 1 Corinthians 15:21-23 This tells us that at the rapture, when He meets us in the air, we will have the same kind of body that He has now. Until then, the Bible says to “…look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like His glorious body.” Philippians 3:20-21; 1 Corinthians 15:35-58

Final Thoughts: The bodies we have now were not made for His kingdom, as we’re told, flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God” 1 Corinthians 15:50 and My kingdom is not of this world.John 18:36 God will see to it that our resurrected bodies will be fit for use in His Kingdom, and these new bodies will be sickness free, sweat free, stink free, stupid free, and sin free. You can count on it, like Jesus said, “If the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed!John 8:36 I can live with that, how about you?          ph

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  3.53
  • Days Won:  1

Ever wonder if you'll have to keep partaking of the tree of life to maintain eternal life?

Lets say someone decides to rebel like Lucifer did, God just denies the rebel access to the tree of life and the rebel perishes.

24 minutes ago, D. Adrien said:

Ever wonder if you'll have to keep partaking of the tree of life to maintain eternal life?

Lets say someone decides to rebel like Lucifer did, God just denies the rebel access to the tree of life and the rebel perishes.

To maintain it? Never! "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." 1 Jn. 5:11-12 Plus numerous (which you know) others. But to maintain fellowship, yes. "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." Jn. 15:4-5 Plus others (I am the bread of life, etc.) Lucifer never had eternal life. We do.

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

His resurrected body, prior to his ascension, is described within the account at Luke 24, including that he ate food is it not? 

Yes, it is described there as having flesh and bones and I mentioned Him eating, but I was referring to how His body could do things we cannot at the present do (appear in a room with the doors being closed etc.) Not much (scientific?) explanation of how those things can be done in ANY body. It must be super-natural.

1 hour ago, PATrobas said:

To maintain it? Never! "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." 1 Jn. 5:11-12 Plus numerous (which you know) others. But to maintain fellowship, yes. "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." Jn. 15:4-5 Plus others (I am the bread of life, etc.) Lucifer never had eternal life. We do.

Rev. 2:7

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.’

Sure seems to me that it is a privilege to be able to eat from the tree of life. Is it just a one time meal for eternity or does it have to be eaten from periodically?

43 minutes ago, D. Adrien said:

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.’

Sure seems to me that it is a privilege to be able to eat from the tree of life. Is it just a one time meal for eternity or does it have to be eaten from periodically?

This tree of life is the one spoken of in Rev. 22;2,14 that will reside in God's paradise. After the fall in Gen 3, man was forbidden to eat of it lest he live forever in a fallen state. Those who are born again having eternal life will be able to eat of this tree of life again in eternity. Metaphorically, we eat of the tree of life now as we partake of the Word/Bread of Life. Listen to Jesus' words in John 6:50  "This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. :51  I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,477
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

1 hour ago, D. Adrien said:

Maybe it tastes very good, so you want more.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,477
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

3 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

What is born from God can't sin. We'll be like God and He will be all in all. Impossible that someone would want to sin.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you guys for your input. I do like to speculate and bounce some thoughts off of others.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

Thank you guys for your input. I do like to speculate and bounce some thoughts off of others.

Reading carefully the text of the fruit of Life which it meant to be for the believers while they are live or before they died. In his address to the churches in Revelation chapter two and three Jesus promised the same thing. Jesus promised to those who heed his words not to be afraid if they fall out of favor with those who claim to have spiritual food for them but they are side tracked. Because he will let them have access to the tree of life. It as if he is telling them that the food or some of the food they claim to be from Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit are from the self or from the authority that they served. Jesus said to them that I have something for you which they can't give you because they do not have. I will come and sup with you and give you something that no one can get it from anyone else but from me. Jesus includes here all the philosophies that they are in the world because he is calling to himself all people who have grown up in all diverse philosophies or cultures of the world. And this is beneficial to us while we still live in this world. 

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting! 1