• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/15/2024 at 6:34 AM, BibleStudent100 said:

The Devil knows our sinful proclivities and he exploits these weaknesses.  Personally, I have never had a weakness toward substance abuse (I have never been drunk, nor have done drugs, nor tobacco, etc.) and I "don't get it" why others have these weaknesses, but that is human nature:  we "don't get it," until we ourselves have the same problem.  My weakness (not surprisingly): being self-righteous, something I struggle with daily.

This really nails it. At least for me, and I suspect most of us, there's always something we get tempted with day by day. Fortunately we're covered for that by the blood of Jesus.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  404
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

On 4/21/2024 at 5:42 PM, Not me said:

I would wholeheartedly agree with you, I hold true this is the truth being brought forth in; 

1 Corinthians 4:4 (NASB20)
For I am not aware of anything against myself; however I am not vindicated by this, but the one who examines me is the Lord.

Paul was not aware of thing against himself, but just because he wasn’t aware of anything didn’t mean he did have any, then he goes on to say it is the Lord that is the One to say….

Many blessings as today, (Lord willing), we walk in more righteousness than yesterday, and tomorrow more still…

To the growing in Him, a fellow grower, Not me 

Agreed.  unknown sin could be revealed, by The Lord, as sin later on. 

The more I learn, the more I know I need to learn.

"Now may The God of peace sanctify [us] entirely..."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,195
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

32 minutes ago, Duck said:

Agreed.  unknown sin could be revealed, by The Lord, as sin later on. 

The more I learn, the more I know I need to learn.

"Now may The God of peace sanctify [us] entirely..."

Your post caused by heart to rejoice, for it is true, the more one sees their need for learning, the more capable that one is… 

Oh, to fully follow after Him, blessings, Not me 

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

ARE  YOU  A  BELIEVER --- OR  RATHER  ERASE  OR  IGNORE  THE  LORDS  TRUTH

JOHN 7:38  he that believeth on  ME  as the scripture hath said out of his mouth shall flow rivers of living water 

ISAIAH 12:3  therefore with joy shall you draw water out of the wells of salvation 

JEREMIAH 2:13  for  MY  people have committed two evils they have forsaken  ME  the fountain of living waters and hewed them out cisterns broken cisterns that can hold no water 

EPHESIANS 5:25  husbands love your wives even as  CHRIST  also loved the church and gave himself for it 

--5:26--  that  HE  might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word

HEBREWS 12:24  and to  JESUS  the mediator of the new covenant ---and to the blood of sprinkling  ---  that speaketh better things than that of abel---

HEBREWS 9:15  and for this cause  HE  is the mediator of the new testament that by means of death for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament they which are called might receive the promise of eternal life 

--9:16--  for where a testament is there must also of necessity be the death of the testator 

--9:17-- for a testament is of force after men are dead  --- OTHERWISE  IT  IS  OF  NO  STRENGTH  AT  ALL  WHILE  THE  TESATOR  LIVETH ---

--9:18--  whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood 

JEREMIAH 26:2  thus saith  THE  LORD  stand in the court of  THE  LORDS  house and speak unto all the cities of judah which come to worship in  THE  LORDS  HOUSE  all the words that I command thee to speak unto them  ---diminish  not  a  word---

JOHN 6:51  I am the living bread which came down from heaven if any man eat of this bread he shall live forever and the bread that I will give is  --MY  FLESH-- which I give for the life of the world 

--6:52-- the jews therefore strove among themselves saying how can this man give us flesh to eat 

--6:53--  then  JESUS  said unto them verily verily I say unto you except you eat the flesh of  THE  SON  OF  MAN  and drink  HIS  blood you have no life in you 

--6:54--  whoso eateth  MY  FLESH  and drinketh  MY  blood hath eternal life  ---  and I will raise him up the last day 

--6:55--  for  MY  FLESH  is meat indeed and  MY  BLOOD  is  drink indeed

--6:56-- he that eateth  MY  FLESH  and  DRINKETH  MY  BLOOD  dwelleth in  ME  and I in him 

--6:57-- as  THE  LIVING  FATHER  hath sent me and I live by  THE  FATHER  so he that eateth  ME  even he shall live by  ME

1 CORITHIANS 11:24  and when  HE  had given thanks  HE  brake it and said  --take eat this is  MY  body which is broken for you  ---  this do in remembrance of  ME

--11:25-- after the same manner also  HE  took the cup when  HE  had supped saying  ---  THIS  CUP  IS  THE  NEW  TESTAMENT  IN  MY  BLOOD  ---  this do you as oft as you drink it in remembrance of  ME

--11:29-- for he that eateth and drinketh unworthily eateth and drinketh damnation to himself not discerning  THE  LORDS  BODY

LUKE 21:36  watch you therefore and pray always that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before  THE  SON  OF  MAN

2 CORINTHIANS 5:10  FOR  WE  MUST  ALL  APPEAR  BEFORE  THE  JUDGMENT  SEAT  OF  CHRIST  THAT  EVERYONE  MAY  RECEIVE  THE  THINGS  DONE  IN  HIS  BODY  ACCORDING  TO  THAT  HE  HATH  DONE  WHETHER  IT  BE  GOOD  OR  BAD 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,508
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

On 4/24/2024 at 3:57 PM, TheBlade said:

"No temptation [regardless of its source] has overtaken or enticed you that is not common to human experience [nor is any temptation unusual or beyond human resistance]; but God is faithful [to His word—He is compassionate and trustworthy], and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability [to resist], but along with the temptation He [has in the past and is now and] will [always] provide the way out as well, so that you will be able to endure it [without yielding, and will overcome temptation with joy]."

"Therefore, my beloved, run [keep far, far away] from [any sort of] idolatry [and that includes loving anything more than God, or participating in anything that leads to sin and enslaves the soul]."

I like that word flee "To flee, escape, shun. by analogy, to vanish."

Keep the faith, walk by faith live by faith and remember His promises and at all costs do not let what's happening in the world distract you. 

@TheBlade Good verses there..........

The Lord is indeed faithful.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

BE  THOU  MY  HELPER

ISAIAH 55:11  so shall  MY  word be that goeth forth out of  MY  mouth it shall not return unto  ME  void but it shall accomplish that which I please and it shall prosper in THE thing whereto I sent it

PSALM 60:11  GIVE  US  HELP  FROM  TROUBLE  FOR  VAIN  IS  THE  HELP  OF  MAN

1 CORINTIANS 10:13  there hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man --BUT  GOD  IS  FAITHFUL--who will not suffer you to be tempted above that you are able  ---  but will with the temptation also make a way to escape  ---  that you may be able to bear it 

LUKE 22:40  and when  HE  was at the place  HE  said unto  them ---PRAY  THAT  YOU  ENTER  NOT  INTO  TEMPTATION--

2 TIMOTHY 2:13  IF  WE  BELIEVE  NOT  YET  HE  ABIDETH  FAITHFUL  HE  CANNOT  DENY  HIMSELF 

2 CORINTHIANS 13:5  EXAMINE  yourselves whether you be in the faith prove your ownselves  ---  know you not your ownselves how that  CHRIST  is in you  ---  EXCEPT  YOU  BE  REPROBATES ---

2 TIMOTHY 2:12   IF  we suffer we shall also reign with  HIM  --  IF  WE  DENY  HIM  HE  ALSO  WILL  DENY  US --

PROVERBS 4:14  enter not into the path of the wicked and go not in the way of evil

JEREMIAH 13:10  this evil people which refuse to hear  MY  words which walk in the imagination of their heart ---AND  WALK  AFTER  OTHER  GODS--- to serve them and to worship them --- shall even be as this girdle which is good for nothing

HEBREWS 4:16  let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and  ---  and find grace to help in time of need ---

JOHN 1:17  for the law was given by moses but grace and truth came by  JESUS  CHRIST 

ROMANS 1:5  by whom we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the  -- FAITH -- among all nations for  HIS  name 

HEBREWS 13:6  SO  THAT  WE  MAY  BOLDLY  SAY  ---THE  LORD  IS  MY  HELPER--- and I will not fear what man shall do unto me ---

1 TIMOTHY 4:6  if thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things thou shalt be a good minister of   JESUS  CHRIST   nourished up in the words of faith and of   GOOD  DOCTRINE  whereunto thou hast attained 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST