• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

James 1:14 (NKJV)
But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When a believer is tempted it is generally tempted with the desire towards the sin it has given way to before….. These are the strongest of temptations because the sinful flesh has chosen to lay hold of these for one reason or another in the past…. These are the sins that still dwell in one that one has to reckon themselves dead to, for these desires are real and very much still alive in one…. This is where the reckoning oneself dead to these desires comes in, for the believer has died and not the sinful desires that are still alive in one; for the believer has died when Christ died… It is believing and maintaining this faith that is the fight of faith, for as long and as painful as this fight is, if one maintains one’s faith in their death in Christ, victory is assured, and that believing one will reap the fruit of that victory which fruit is being set free from that particular desire towards that sin… 

For Jesus did die and took the believing one with Him to death thereby freeing that one that that one might be joined to another… It is faith that grabs onto this freedom, and the strength and the depths of one’s desire to be freed from their sin will be the measure of the freedom one experiences….. For all things have become new, blessed is the one that would have it so….

Be blessed in the freedom that being joined with Christ in His death brings to life in one…..

A fellow reckoner, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,332
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Not me said:

When a believer is tempted it is generally tempted with the desire towards the sin it has given way to before….. These are the strongest of temptations because the sinful flesh has chosen to lay hold of these for one reason or another in the past….

Good post

Heb 10

32 But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;

1 Pet 5

10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

8 hours ago, Not me said:

This is where the reckoning oneself dead to these desires comes in, for the believer has died and not the sinful desires that are still alive in one; for the believer has died when Christ died… It is believing and maintaining this faith that is the fight of faith, for as long and as painful as this fight is, if one maintains one’s faith in their death in Christ, victory is assured, and that believing one will reap the fruit of that victory

John 1

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, NConly said:

Good post

Heb 10

32 But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;

1 Pet 5

10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

John 1

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Thanks, and many blessings,,, that we all might become mature sons and daughters before our God…..

Unto Him be our all, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  413
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 4/14/2024 at 12:47 AM, Not me said:

When a believer is tempted it is generally tempted with the desire towards the sin it has given way to before…

The Devil knows our sinful proclivities and he exploits these weaknesses.  Personally, I have never had a weakness toward substance abuse (I have never been drunk, nor have done drugs, nor tobacco, etc.) and I "don't get it" why others have these weaknesses, but that is human nature:  we "don't get it," until we ourselves have the same problem.  My weakness (not surprisingly): being self-righteous, something I struggle with daily.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  956
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,609
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 4/14/2024 at 3:47 AM, Not me said:

It is believing and maintaining this faith that is the fight of faith, for as long and as painful as this fight is, if one maintains one’s faith in their death in Christ, victory is assured, and that believing one will reap the fruit of that victory which fruit is being set free from that particular desire towards that sin… 

Hi, (I) Don't think so. My assurance for one thing  is not dependent upon my faith, but instead is in Christ Jesus' faith.  I do not fight for faith. I rely upon it yes,; but not struggle, for the faith of Jesus is revealed through the Holy Spirit's indwelling within (me). That is a certainty and therefore no struggle.

It is privilege  extended from God alone, yes a free gift from God; one that does have it's results that  are challenging, but not regarding faith of Jesus and the Holy Spirit's indwelling.  With those ingredients in the "mix" of life there is hope certain, absolutely certain. It is what allows for joy in all circumstance. 

1 hour ago, BibleStudent100 said:

The Devil knows our sinful proclivities and he exploits these weaknesses.  Personally, I have never had a weakness toward substance abuse (I have never been drunk, nor have done drugs, nor tobacco, etc.) and I "don't get it" why others have these weaknesses, but that is human nature:  we "don't get it," until we ourselves have the same problem.  My weakness (not surprisingly): being self-righteous, something I struggle with daily.

I hold true that anything that self does is sin, it matters not what particular flavor of sin, just that it is the workings of self…  May we all be blessed with the death of such a creature….

As we look to Him, many blessings, Not me 

21 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, (I) Don't think so. My assurance for one thing  is not dependent upon my faith, but instead is in Christ Jesus' faith.  I do not fight for faith. I rely upon it yes,; but not struggle, for the faith of Jesus is revealed through the Holy Spirit's indwelling within (me). That is a certainty and therefore no struggle.

It is privilege  extended from God alone, yes a free gift from God; one that does have its results that  are challenging, but not regarding faith of Jesus and the Holy Spirit's indwelling.  With those ingredients in the "mix" of life there is hope certain, absolutely certain. It is what allows for joy in all circumstance. 

Thanks for your thoughts, may you be blessed in your relationship with Christ as He is revealed in you…

Many blessings, a fellow follower of His, Not me 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,203
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

My understanding synopsis of where we are:
As satan gained control of us and the world by getting our greatest grandparents to follow after his word instead of God's... We have inherited this place by beginning in, birth, and smothered in it's influence upon us... God has told us all truth in His Word that He has placed His Person, The Holy Spirit, within us by belief in His Word about His Son's life, death, and resurrection... now we are made alive in s/Spirit and it does not now appear what we shall be but we know we are to be no longer of this place and we are to place all our hope in that which we cannot not even begin to know with God in a new heaven and new earth... However, think of the genius of this plan... all that satan is and has control of- God has separated Himself and those of Him out from - this the redemption- thus leaving all that our flesh wants to keep and focused desire of and love for... the foolishness of non-belief... As His children and knowing the preciousness of His promised Word to us we have faith in this redemption so as to turn away from the worthless things and this the sanctification... Love, Steven

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

My understanding synopsis of where we are:
As satan gained control of us and the world by getting our greatest grandparents to follow after his word instead of God's... We have inherited this place by beginning in, birth, and smothered in it's influence upon us... God has told us all truth in His Word that He has placed His Person, The Holy Spirit, within us by belief in His Word about His Son's life, death, and resurrection... now we are made alive in s/Spirit and it does not now appear what we shall be but we know we are to be no longer of this place and we are to place all our hope in that which we cannot not even begin to know with God in a new heaven and new earth... However, think of the genius of this plan... all that satan is and has control of- God has separated Himself and those of Him out from - this the redemption- thus leaving all that our flesh wants to keep and focused desire of and love for... the foolishness of non-belief... As His children and knowing the preciousness of His promised Word to us we have faith in this redemption so as to turn away from the worthless things and this the sanctification... Love, Steven

Thank you for the sharing of your understanding, may God so bless the seeking one’s with such a knowing of Himself…

Oh to that knowing, a fellow seeker after Him, Not me 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  413
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 4/15/2024 at 6:19 AM, Not me said:

it matters not what particular flavor of sin,

Well said brother!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BibleStudent100 said:

Well said brother!

Thanks, I’m of the mind that that is why scripture says; ‘whatsoever is not of faith is sin’, be that because all the workings of self are sin…

Oh to the knowing of Him the more,,,, many blessings, a fellow servant of His, Not me