• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

COVETEOUSNESS  

EPHESIANS 5:5  for this you know that no whoremonger nor unclean person --nor covetous man --- who is an idolater--  hath any inheritance in the kingdom of  CHRIST  and of  GOD

PSALM 119:36  incline my heart unto thy testimonies and not to covetousness 

EZEKIEL 33:31  and they come unto thee as the people cometh and they sit before thee as my people and they hear thy words but they will not do them for with their mouth they show much love but their heart goeth after their covetousness

PSALM 119:138  thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful 

PSALM 119:24  thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors 

PSALM 119:144  the righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting give me understanding and I shall live 

PSALM 25:10  all the paths of  THE  LORD  are mercy and truth  --UNTO  SUCH  ---  as keep his covenant and  HIS  testimonies--

*******EPHESIANS  5:3  but fornication and all uncleanness  --or covetousness-- let it not be once named among you-- AS  BECOMETH  SAINTS*******

REVELATION 19:10  and I fell at his feet to worship him and he said unto me see thou do it not I am thy fellowservant and of thy brethren that have  --THE  TESTIMONY  OF  JESUS--  worship   GOD   for the testimony of  JESUS  is the spirit of prophecy

2 TIMOTHY 2:7  consider what I say and  THE  LORD  give thee understanading in all things 

ISAIAH 2:22  CEASE  YOU  FROM  MAN  WHOSE  BREATH  IS  IN  HIS  NOSTRILS  ---  FOR  WHEREIN  IS  HE  TO  BE  ACCOUNTED  OF  ---

2 TIMOTHY 2:5  FOR  THERE  IS  ONE  MEDIATOR  BETWEEN  GOD  AND  MEN  THE  MAN  JESUS  CHRIST

2 TIMOTHY 4:3  for the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers having itching ears

--4:5-- and they shall turn away their ears from the truth and shall be turned unto fables 

ROMANS 1:32  who knowing the judgment of  GOD  that they which commit such things are worthy of death not only --DO  THE  SAME  ---  BUT  HAVE  PLEASURE  IN  THEM  THAT  DO  THEM--

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, steve morrow said:

COVETEOUSNESS  

EPHESIANS 5:5  for this you know that no whoremonger nor unclean person --nor covetous man --- who is an idolater--  hath any inheritance in the kingdom of  CHRIST  and of  GOD

PSALM 119:36  incline my heart unto thy testimonies and not to covetousness 

EZEKIEL 33:31  and they come unto thee as the people cometh and they sit before thee as my people and they hear thy words but they will not do them for with their mouth they show much love but their heart goeth after their covetousness

PSALM 119:138  thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful 

PSALM 119:24  thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors 

PSALM 119:144  the righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting give me understanding and I shall live 

PSALM 25:10  all the paths of  THE  LORD  are mercy and truth  --UNTO  SUCH  ---  as keep his covenant and  HIS  testimonies--

*******EPHESIANS  5:3  but fornication and all uncleanness  --or covetousness-- let it not be once named among you-- AS  BECOMETH  SAINTS*******

REVELATION 19:10  and I fell at his feet to worship him and he said unto me see thou do it not I am thy fellowservant and of thy brethren that have  --THE  TESTIMONY  OF  JESUS--  worship   GOD   for the testimony of  JESUS  is the spirit of prophecy

2 TIMOTHY 2:7  consider what I say and  THE  LORD  give thee understanading in all things 

ISAIAH 2:22  CEASE  YOU  FROM  MAN  WHOSE  BREATH  IS  IN  HIS  NOSTRILS  ---  FOR  WHEREIN  IS  HE  TO  BE  ACCOUNTED  OF  ---

2 TIMOTHY 2:5  FOR  THERE  IS  ONE  MEDIATOR  BETWEEN  GOD  AND  MEN  THE  MAN  JESUS  CHRIST

2 TIMOTHY 4:3  for the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers having itching ears

--4:5-- and they shall turn away their ears from the truth and shall be turned unto fables 

ROMANS 1:32  who knowing the judgment of  GOD  that they which commit such things are worthy of death not only --DO  THE  SAME  ---  BUT  HAVE  PLEASURE  IN  THEM  THAT  DO  THEM--

Thank you for the verses, and may you be blessed in the loving of our Lord…..

Many blessings, a fellow servant of His, Not me 

• Group:  Diamond Member

PRAY  AND  ASK

LUKE 22:40  and when  HE  was at the place  HE  said unto them ---PRAY  THAT  YOU  ENTER  NOT  INTO  TEMPTATION---

1 JOHN 5:14  and this is the confidence that we have in  HIM  that --IF  WE  ASK-- anything according to  HIS  will  HE  heareth us

--5:15-- and if we know that  HE  hear us whatsoever we  --ASK  ---  we know that we have the petition that we desired of  HIM

JOHN 14:14  --IF--  YOU  SHALL  ASK  ANYTHING  IN  MY  NAME  I  WILL  DO  IT 

PROVERBS 28:9  HE  THAT  TURNETH  AWAY  HIS  EAR  FROM  HEARING  THE  LAW  EVEN   HIS  PRAYER  SHALL  BE  ABOMINATION

1 hour ago, steve morrow said:

PRAY  AND  ASK

LUKE 22:40  and when  HE  was at the place  HE  said unto them ---PRAY  THAT  YOU  ENTER  NOT  INTO  TEMPTATION---

1 JOHN 5:14  and this is the confidence that we have in  HIM  that --IF  WE  ASK-- anything according to  HIS  will  HE  heareth us

--5:15-- and if we know that  HE  hear us whatsoever we  --ASK  ---  we know that we have the petition that we desired of  HIM

JOHN 14:14  --IF--  YOU  SHALL  ASK  ANYTHING  IN  MY  NAME  I  WILL  DO  IT 

PROVERBS 28:9  HE  THAT  TURNETH  AWAY  HIS  EAR  FROM  HEARING  THE  LAW  EVEN   HIS  PRAYER  SHALL  BE  ABOMINATION

Thanks for still more verses, as we grow closer to Him, many blessings…

Unto Him be our all, Not me

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  404
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Temptation attacks our thoughts, before we put sin into practice.

Paul said "take every thought captive to the obedience of Jesus Christ".

We can stop sin in its tracks.

I believe that we can be completely free from (known) sin.

All glory to The Lord:)

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Duck said:

I believe that we can be completely free from (known) sin.

I would wholeheartedly agree with you, I hold true this is the truth being brought forth in; 

1 Corinthians 4:4 (NASB20)
For I am not aware of anything against myself; however I am not vindicated by this, but the one who examines me is the Lord.

Paul was not aware of thing against himself, but just because he wasn’t aware of anything didn’t mean he did have any, then he goes on to say it is the Lord that is the One to say….

Many blessings as today, (Lord willing), we walk in more righteousness than yesterday, and tomorrow more still…

To the growing in Him, a fellow grower, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Praise God! 1

DOERS 

LUKE 8:21  and  HE  answered and said unto them  MY  mother and  MY  brethren are these ---which hear the word of god --- AND  DO  IT ---

JAMES 1:22  but be you doers of the word ---and not hearers only  ---  decieving your own selves---

--1:23-- for if any be a hearer of the word and not a doer he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass

--1:24-- for he beholdeth himself and goeth his way and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was 

1 JOHN 3:10  in this the children of  GOD  are manifest and the children of the devil whosoever ---doeth not righteousness  ---  IS  NOT  OF  GOD---  neither he that loveth not his brother 

1 JOHN 2:9 he that saith he is in the light and hateth his brother is in darkness even until now

--2:10--  HE  THAT  LOVETH  HIS  BROTHER  ABIDETH  IN  THE  LIGHT  AND  THERE  IS  ---NONE  OCCASION  OF  STUMBLING  IN  HIM---

PSALM 119:130  THE  ENTRANCE  OF  THY  WORDS  GIVETH  LIGHT  IT  GIVETH  UNDERSTANDING  UNTO  THE  SIMPLE 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,507
  • Content Per Day:  12.23
  • Days Won:  31

On 4/14/2024 at 11:57 AM, NConly said:

Good post

Heb 10

32 But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;

1 Pet 5

10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

@NConly I am reminded also of Isaiah 48.10: "I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction".

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

"No temptation [regardless of its source] has overtaken or enticed you that is not common to human experience [nor is any temptation unusual or beyond human resistance]; but God is faithful [to His word—He is compassionate and trustworthy], and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability [to resist], but along with the temptation He [has in the past and is now and] will [always] provide the way out as well, so that you will be able to endure it [without yielding, and will overcome temptation with joy]."

"Therefore, my beloved, run [keep far, far away] from [any sort of] idolatry [and that includes loving anything more than God, or participating in anything that leads to sin and enslaves the soul]."

I like that word flee "To flee, escape, shun. by analogy, to vanish."

Keep the faith, walk by faith live by faith and remember His promises and at all costs do not let what's happening in the world distract you. 

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, TheBlade said:

"No temptation [regardless of its source] has overtaken or enticed you that is not common to human experience [nor is any temptation unusual or beyond human resistance]; but God is faithful [to His word—He is compassionate and trustworthy], and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability [to resist], but along with the temptation He [has in the past and is now and] will [always] provide the way out as well, so that you will be able to endure it [without yielding, and will overcome temptation with joy]."

"Therefore, my beloved, run [keep far, far away] from [any sort of] idolatry [and that includes loving anything more than God, or participating in anything that leads to sin and enslaves the soul]."

I like that word flee "To flee, escape, shun. by analogy, to vanish."

Keep the faith, walk by faith live by faith and remember His promises and at all costs do not let what's happening in the world distract you. 

Thank you for the scriptures and your thoughts, may we all grow up into Him that we might put a smile on His face….

Many blessings, unto Him be our all, a fellow follower, Not me

• Thumbs Up 1