• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

The day of the Lord.

On the day of the Lord when all the nations come against Jerusalem ,Babylon is attacked .Their houses are ransacked and their wives raped.

Now ,here is a simple question.

If all nations have come against Jerusalem on the day of the Lord ,ransacking the houses and raping the women as in zech 14:1-2,then how could they be anywhere else on the day of the Lord ransacking the houses and raping the women in Isaiah 13:16?

Pay attention to scripture.

Zech 14

14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Isaiah 13

13 The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.

Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.

I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness.

The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the Lord of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.

They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the Lord, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

14 And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.

15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

After the nations have attacked Jerusalem on the day of the Lord,the Lord fights against those nations.

Zechariah 14

Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

After the ten kings have attacked the prostitute Babylon, the  Lord overcomes those kings.

Revelation 17

12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Must be a really difficult question for some people.I tried to make it a simple question.

How you going to explain away how the nations in Jerusalem ransacking the houses and raping the women are going to.be in any other city on the same day doing the exact same thing?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

25 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Must be a really difficult question for some people.I tried to make it a simple question.

How you going to explain away how the nations in Jerusalem ransacking the houses and raping the women are going to.be in any other city on the same day doing the exact same thing?

I read your first two posts and said to myself -  {He's going to post a third time accusing us of being too dumb to answer]

You don't disappoint.

I'd like to know why YOU believe that these are the same events. And note, I already know why you think these are the same event.  I'd just like to hear you admit it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I read your first two posts and said to myself -  {He's going to post a third time accusing us of being too dumb to answer]

You don't disappoint.

I'd like to know why YOU believe that these are the same events. And note, I already know why you think these are the same event.  I'd just like to hear you admit it.

Why do I believe the nations ransacking houses and raping women on the day of the Lord are the same events as the nations  ransacking houses and raping women on the day of the Lord?

Now that's a difficult question.I need to give that some thought .

I will have to get back to you on that one.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

8 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Why do I believe the nations ransacking houses and raping women on the day of the Lord are the same events as the nations  ransacking houses and raping women on the day of the Lord?

Now that's a difficult question.I need to give that some thought .

I will have to get back to you on that one.

You ARE aware that just as many prophecies in the Bible are dual - the term, "the day of the LORD" has both near and distant fulfillments.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99

8 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Are you thinking the Day of the Lord is a single 24 hour day? 

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

Are you thinking the Day of the Lord is a single 24 hour day? 

I don't believe the Lord will stand on thet of olives for 1000 years and I don't believe it will take his very long to defeat his enemies.

12 hours ago, Jayne said:

You ARE aware that just as many prophecies in the Bible are dual - the term, "the day of the LORD" has both near and distant fulfillments.

Day of the Lord

I've heard people say there are many days of the Lord but they have to change the spelling and meaning weof the word to fit their agenda.

10 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Day of the Lord

I've heard people say there are many days of the Lord but they have to change the spelling and meaning weof the word to fit their agenda.

I have no agenda. Just responding to your post.