• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,275
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:
2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

1 Corinthians 3:11-16 (KJV)

[11] For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

[12] Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

[13] Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

[14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

[15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

[16] Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

everything in the list vs. 12 burns up in God's fire of testing... Peter, Revelation... 

So I agree . . . at least I think I do . . . sorry, but I'm still not exactly sure what you are questioning from my earlier post.  Maybe quote from me the specific item you are questioning.  Thx

This will all be determined at the Judgement Seat of Christ (Bema Seat)
It is not about sin, as they have been all paid for.
It is about our 'good works' or lack we were created for.

Many works receive no reward, like those done for self to be seen.
These were not sin/sinful, but the work has already received reward.
Those done for Christ, in the spirit etc = gold, silver, precious stones.
My understanding is our position in the millennial reign is thus determined.

My understanding.  Thanks enoob and VA...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,448
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just now, Sower said:

This will all be determined at the Judgement Seat of Christ (Bema Seat)
It is not about sin, as they have been all paid for.
It is about our 'good works' or lack we were created for.

Many works receive no reward, like those done for self to be seen.
These were not sin/sinful, but the work has already received reward.
Those done for Christ, in the spirit etc = gold, silver, precious stones.
My understanding is our position in the millennial reign is thus determined.

Thanks enoob and VA...

We do have to contend with this

2 Corinthians 5:10 (KJV)

[10] For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

image.png.e283dc91bea359c18eb3cbf2b847141c.png

image.png.6c50c19ff5a7fc280e24b98b73eaa918.png

image.png.3198b639a0267ba12cc6dcba8dc15207.png

image.png.a4bb388c0ee2dfd45935807053bd95b0.png

There is a great deal to contemplate with God in all this....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,275
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Sower said:

I appreciate your reply and sharing your understanding of John 15.
My understanding is somewhat different, yet I believe may be helpful.

Verse 1; “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser"

Jesus is the vine, we are the branches, abiding (remain-stay in a given place-pitch a tent- tabernacle-etc) IN Him.

It is Jesus who produces fruit that flows into the branches to show HIS fruit.
The branch produces NOTHING, nor can it. It only bears the fruit of the vine, Jesus.

Verse 4;  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Jesus is the one that produces the fruit, and the branches, us, only bear it.
             This is a biggie.

Expand   Expand   Expand   Expand  

Expand  

Hello Sower;

Yes I agree that it is God that changes our us, brings about conviction and a  change of heart where we truly seek to do His Will  and when we miss the mark we ask Him for forgiveness and continue in our daily relationship with Him to do His will, asking Him to make us into the child of God that He always intended for us to be.By living in His Holy Spirit.  His Holy Spirit and Word provides us nourishment to be over comers of the flesh and growing more and more in His Holy Spirit

Galatians ch 5:

For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

This persuasion cometh not of Him that calleth you.

9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

1For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

1But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

There is a difference between the law of man and the commandments of God

The commandments of God through His Only begotten Son Christ Jesus Are the commandements of the Spirit, the Holy Spirit

Now  Gods Fruits of the Spirit of God  from His vine are:

Galatians ch5

But the fruit of the Spirit of God is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,23 Meekness, temperance

against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit of God.

26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Those  lusts of the flesh are:

Galatians ch5:

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these;

Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like

of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

---------------------------------

The question to know if we are truly saved in Christ Jesus is then to examine ourselves to see if:

are we  walking= (verb action motion, doing) more and more in the spirit of God?

or are we  still walking in the flesh, just like before we say we got saved by the Power of Mercy and Grace through Christ Jesus.

Read 1 Corinthiansch11:17-34 and examine yourself (v 27)

We can't fool God and try to circumvent His word and commandments to try and have our cake and eat it to so to speak.

Lets our flesh not fool/deceive ourselves, because the outcome of fooling/deceiving ourselves into something God never wanted for us is death.

God provides the freedom from living in sin

and its: Living in the Spirit of God daily-

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,506
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

14 hours ago, enoob57 said:

It is the fact that all that is in the list: gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; burns up; almost all teach gold, silver, precious stones are representative of lasting works...  The lasting works or true riches is the heart that recognizes the value system is not here but what is promised... the mind that can realize that all the gold and 1 piece of straw carry the same value with God. Both will be burnt up and be forgotten... the motivation of doing unto the Lord without attaching the things of this world or having any consideration thereof-  is the true riches centered upon the promised things that are everlasting...

That's interesting and I had not heard of that interpretation before . . .

What I've seen in the word is there is a grand building work being done, which culminates in the new Jerusalem.  Here, and in several places in Paul's writings he exhorts us to be careful with how we build. There are varying qualities of building materials.

In the bible gold almost always signifies the divine nature, and silver pertains to redemption.  Jesus said, "I will build My church." and Peter talks about the believers being built as precious stones.  This building work all culminates in the place Jesus said He is preparing for us, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from God.

The building materials for this final dwelling place (spiritual, physical or both?), are foundations and walls of precious stone and other structures made of gold.

Gold is put through fire so it may become more precious and refined. (from everything I've read, gold cannot be destroyed by fire)

1 Peter 1:7 (KJV)

[7] That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

2 Peter 3:11 (KJV)

[11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

[12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

[13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,506
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

1 Peter 1:7 (KJV)

[7] That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

2 Peter 3:11 (KJV)

[11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

[12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

[13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

I thought of that too, namely all material things will be dissolved and all things made new.  I don't know that this has much to do with there being degrees in the quality of the building material discussed in various scriptures.  There will be the bema judgement (fire) of Christians, where some works will pass the test and others will fail.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,275
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

Christ Jesus IS the Vine and I am His branch;

Where He leads I will follow.

Psalm 91

91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the Lord, ;He is my refuge and my fortress: my God in him will I trust.

Surely He shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

1For He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

1Because He hath set His love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because He hath known My name.

1He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him My salvation.

Amen! Amen! Amen!

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

I don't know that this has much to do with there being degrees in the quality of the building material discussed in various scriptures.

Yes, poetic license allows us to use terms metaphorically. In this case Paul is illustrating how it is possible to build on the foundation of Jesus Christ with trite and fanciful principles, programs, and projects of no eternal value, which disposable things will qualify as a loss to those responsible for them, and how things that are worth keeping and things that are theologically solid will endure, being of eternal value.

Scope of Metaphor:

1Co 3:10  According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.

The fact that all the physical elements of the world dissolve is not the main scope of the metaphor, but rather that heed should be taken to build with things that endure beyond the temporal realm.

2Pe 3:11-13  Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,  (12)  looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?  (13)  Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

I thought of that too, namely all material things will be dissolved and all things made new.  I don't know that this has much to do with there being degrees in the quality of the building material discussed in various scriptures.  There will be the bema judgement (fire) of Christians, where some works will pass the test and others will fail.

adding to this understanding is the reality of all this here will be gone and no memory of it remaining with us in the eternal state...

Knowledge will cease:

1Cor 13:8 

Rev 21:1-5

Isa 65:17

Some contend that the earth will be renovated but according to God's Word 'all things will be made new' ... God is going to make all things new cf. 

Isa 42:9

Isa 48:6

Isa 66:22

2 Peter 3:13

Isa 62:2

1.            new things, Isa 42:9  Isa 48:6

2.            new song, Isa 42:10 (cf. Rev 5:9 Rev 14:3)

3.            something new, Isa 43:19 (cf. Rev 3:12)

4.            new name, Isa 62:2 (cf. Isa 56:5)

5.            new heavens and a new earth, Isa 65:17 

Isa 66:22 (cf. 2 Peter 3:13)

The "new" day (cf. Rev 21:5) was, in reality, the day that God always wanted for humans, but the Fall in Gen 3 caused a terrible disruption! It is surely possible that the Bible's imagery of heaven is a restored Garden of Eden (cf. Rev 21:2 ).

• Thumbs Up 1

Where Jesus said this:
Matthew 18:3 (KJV)

[3] And said, Verily I say unto you, except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

I believe the depth of this is the reality of all that God has said to us as to what will be... He's going to completely destroy all of this and build completely new and we as His children, here and now, cannot know any iota of what it will be like through fleshly means of 1st creation sensual means:
1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV)

[9] But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

this is a complete sensual perception of now and then and God is saying we cannot begin to perceive it because of difference... after all how many different ways could God do something? 

[10] But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Here is how it ties us to that of children s/Spiritually: with His Spirit within my new spiritual being, new birth, I am able to abandon the demand of flesh to grasp through sensual means the reality of God and through His Word alone be satisfied on the waiting of fulfilment of promise... so much so I am willing to abandon all that is here and fix my hope completely to the promise....

It is a perfect divide of light and darkness and all that I attach my heart to is not of this world but of the eternity with Him in perfect righteousness ... It is how to obey the reality of now
1 John 2:15 (KJV)

[15] Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

[16] For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

[17] And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.