• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1985

Revelation 18

after this i was another angel coming down from heaven.he had great authority,and the earth was illuminated by his splendor . with a mighty voice he shouted :

" fallen! fallen is babylon the great !she has become a home for demons and a haunt for every evil spirt, a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird . for all the nations have drunk the meddening wine of her adulteries . the king of the earth committed adultery with her, and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her execessive luxuries."

you can read the rest .

1 John 18-19

dear children, this is the last hour ; and as you have heard that the antichrist is comming, even now many antichrist have come. this is how we know it is the last hour . they went out from us ,but they did not really belong to us .for if they had belonged to us , they would have remaned with us; but thier going showed that none of thembelonged to us.

Gensis 3

about the fall of man ,adam and eve . and how they both ate from the tree from the center of the garden

Matthew 24 1-35

Sighns of the end of times

I think we are closer to the end of times than we ever have . I know everyone intupes things difrently . I feel that we end to alway be ready . The goverment has always been coroped , so has the church . The church its not a bulding but of people . Please tell me what yall think . But also what has been going on around the world . God bless

Tell me what you think .

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

How is 1/3 of a continent going to sink into the ocean? American hegemony is so amazing that we even wish to be called Babylon in Revelation, just so we get our spot in the Bible.

Babylon is two fold. It is a religion established by the antichrist and a governmental system established by him as well. The religion is crushed by him, destroyed by him. The government (the city he chooses to make his headquarters) is the Babylon destroyed by God.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/22/1985

well in the bible in revaltions thier will be a great earthquak . revaltion 11 15-19

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

So? It still doesn't explain how 1/3 of a continent will be thrust into the ocean. Likewise the passage has nothing to do with the fall of Babylon.

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

well in the bible in revaltions thier will be a great earthquak . revaltion 11 15-19

Where though?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Revelation 18

after this i was another angel coming down from heaven.he had great authority,and the earth was illuminated by his splendor . with a mighty voice he shouted :

" fallen! fallen is babylon the great !she has become a home for demons and a haunt for every evil spirt, a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird . for all the nations have drunk the meddening wine of her adulteries . the king of the earth committed adultery with her, and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her execessive luxuries."

you can read the rest .

1 John 18-19

dear children, this is the last hour ; and as you have heard that the antichrist is comming, even now many antichrist have come. this is how we know it is the last hour . they went out from us ,but they did not really belong to us .for if they had belonged to us , they would have remaned with us; but thier going showed that none of thembelonged to us.

Gensis 3

about the fall of man ,adam and eve . and how they both ate from the tree from the center of the garden

Matthew 24 1-35

Sighns of the end of times

I think we are closer to the end of times than we ever have . I know everyone intupes things difrently . I feel that we end to alway be ready . The goverment has always been coroped , so has the church . The church its not a bulding but of people . Please tell me what yall think . But also what has been going on around the world . God bless

Tell me what you think .

Babylon is the whole world economy. The basis of the covering cherubs sin is trade. All flesh on earth is set yp in this today.

Denise

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Personally, I believe that the description of Babylon fits the USA more than any other country in the world, but that is just my thinking. None of us really know, so all is just speculation. Certainly Babylon could be thought of more as an attitude of heart rather than a particular location. The actual location, I believe, of the original Babylon is our present Iraq where major stuff is going on and where many believe the final war will take place. I don't think it is so much important to try to determine "where" but to see where we are needing to "come out from her," meaning the world system, like we are told in the Bible to come out from the world - not to stop living in the world but to not be of the world system.

I do agree that we are in the last days before the return of Christ and I fully expect a great devastation to take place in the USA in the very near future that I believe is going to bring on a great revival, all in preparation for the soon return of Christ.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

John MacArthur's answer :

I think Babylon the Great represents a worldwide religious system. In chapter 17, a restoration of the original, anti-God paganism that was associated with the Tower of Babel in Genesis, and thus it bears the same name. But, I think it

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Have you ever given consideration to the idea that "city" might not be an actual "city" like we think of? I can't think of any "city" in the world that alone fits Babylon, other than maybe NY City. Perhaps "city" is representative of a particular group of people in a centralized location. And, perhaps Babylon is just a concept.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

We need to concentrate on doing God's Work than worrying about who, what, when, where, etc of Babylon and how it's all going to end.