• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I have a don't ask- don't tell policy when it comes to what I eat and drink. :huh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

OK - I won't mention the places those water molecules you are drinking have been. :huh:

That's SO not nice! :huh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

the bible says the dead in christ will arise

well sharks and lions etc ate alot of humans so if God can have them rise I guess He can gather all our ashes together and make them rise to !!!

:thumbsup:

In Christ

Irenem

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Yeah, there's the pretty! Can always count on our WSB for an encouraging word! :thumbsup: It's probably true, but it's something I'm not rather fond of thinking about. Kind of like that fact that we eat an average of eight spiders in our sleep per year by them just walking into our mouths. SO not useful information!

You know, I have such a fear of spiders it really gets in the way cuz' I live alone. But when I lived with my parents, my stepfather had to kill them for me. Now I have to struggle threw it alone and it isn't a pretty picture. Now you tell me this and it makes me gringe with disgust. I hope you're wrong. I just cant' imagine. UGHHH!!! :thumbsup:

in Him;

corey

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

You know Folks, I didn't expect much in the line of replies. And you've responded a lot more than I expected. THank you very much. It is my desire to be cremated for two reasons. I want to be buried with my father, and I don't want worms eating me. But I really didn't know if it was wrong or not. I gather that it's an individual decision. I have a will made up, but it doesn't say how I want to be taken care of when I die. I want to add a supplement so folks know my wishes. When my sister died, 15 years ago, we donated her body. AFter they were finished doing whatever they did (2 years) they then cremated her. I wouldn't mind donating my body either. Thanks again.

in Him;

corey

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I have never seen anything in scripture that says that you are not to be cremated but my own personal opinion is that I would not want to be cremated. I also do not want to be embalmed. The reasons are that cremation originated from pagans and embalming originated from the Egyptians, who were also pagans and prayed to various Gods.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Donating organs and donating one's body to medical schools et al is great thing to do, IMO.

Having been teaching A&P labs, and after one of my formet colleagues shared with a group of us about her experience at medical schoo, I too considered donating my body to a medical school for the benefit of those who will become doctors.

The Bible says our bodies are destined to dust - so what does it matter if the process is sped up a little?

And why not let your body be used to save the lives of others?

Great call!

Guest Ray_Finder

Hello: I thought about this some time ago.

The issue cannot be the preservation of the body, once dead. For instance, the Christians who were martar'd, eaten by lions, etc. Will they be less than what God wants for them after the resurection because they were

eaten as food by animals? NO. The resurection is a major power move of God, and he can create our new bodies

by any means He chooses to. Christians who have been ship wrecked, and eaten by sharks will be no less in the

resurection, than those who have been buried in tombs, and somewhat perserved until that day.

Remember: God spoke into existance the universes from nothing other than His Faith. I would think that he

would more than have the ability to create a new body for us after death, should that happen before the rapture ;-)

Anyway . . . that is my thoughts about this . . .

Ray . . .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

When you think that some people are paying a lot of money to ensure that after their death their body will be buried and preserved in ice, as they think that maybe some time in the future, science will have found a way to ressurrect a person!

I wish they were giving me that money. I wouldn't mind getting some help to pay my bills!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

In terms of my body after I die I agree with the Klingons:

"It is an empty shell, treat it that way"