Do miracles still happen...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

:blink: Do miracles still happen like in the days that Jesus was on Earth? Some people say if it doesn't happen, its lack of faith. Which makes you think, well if my faith is lacking in this, how do I know if I have the faith to be saved. You start doubting your salvation then. Its so confusing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Miracles are a matter of interpretation. What may count as a miracle to one person, may be thought of as a blessing to another - or visa versa. Miracles also vary in size and magnitude.

I've jotted down a few things that may ring a bell to some:

Salvation

Quiting smoking

Quiting drugs

Quiting Alcohol

Answer to prayer

Healing

A gift of money

A gift of Food

Surviving an accident

Surviving a disaster

God gives us road mercies, or we get a prompting to take a different route. Or we find ourselves at the right place at the right time.

God is Love!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/12/1957

hi sport 123

yes God is still on the throne and yes miracles do still happen everyday

there are times when you may doubt, wonder if he there! yes he is

you have to remember that satan is still around and if he can make you believe

that God only did these things long ago and not today, he will but we know satan

is a liar. Keep your eyes firmly placed on the cross and the Lord and God will show you

miracles daily.

in my thoughts and prayers

in Christ

carolyn

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

Yes, they still happen. The only reason you do not hear about them often is because a lot of people do not beleive in them...and they will right off most miracles as a luck happenstance. I know miracles still happen, because at my church we have several people who have been healing by God. One girl had some really terrible health issues, one of them being cancer, and the doctor basically told her she did not have much more time to live. He was certain she would die. She got prayed over, and the next time she went to the doctor the doctor was amazed to see that not only was all her other health problems clearing up, but the cancer was GONE. Not receeded, but just gone, like it dissapeared.

Now, some people would say "oh well, he medicine just started really working well" or "it must have been her bodies immune system kicking up" but even they know that is not true. There is no way that such a thing could happen by pure luck...it is impossible. People, especially unbeleivers, want to write off miracles because it proves God's power, and for some people, God's power makes them nervous....they like to think they are in charge of their life when God is really in charge. That combined with the fact of our "religious tolerance" (one affect of that being public schools not allowing God in) makes it so miracles don't really make the headlines either.

As far as getting miracles to happen, they are determined by TWO things. One being your faith in God to make it happen, and another being is it God's will to grant it? Because somtimes he can work some good through a time of pain. My mom had a very rocky young adult life that included getting over drugs, and finding faith in God...some would wonder why is it that God couldn't take away her pain when she had to quit those drugs? Well, that pain reminds her of the fact of the life she had was wrong - and not to mention, now she can talk to other lost souls who were into drugs, and teach them to get addicted to Jesus instead!

so do not lose faith....just because you do not see it does not mean it isn't there. Keep your eyes open, all miracles aren't big huge things, some are small. If you keep your mind open you'll see them all over the place :17:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/16/1976

I have personally and literally heard God's voice. He said my husband's name out loud when my husband was bad mouthing someone and wishing them dead before he was even a believer.

I think this helped lead my husband to the Lord in the long run...so yes, miracles do happen, both big and small.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  95

:whistling: Do miracles still happen like in the days that Jesus was on Earth? Some people say if it doesn't happen, its lack of faith. Which makes you think, well if my faith is lacking in this, how do I know if I have the faith to be saved. You start doubting your salvation then. Its so confusing.

Hi,

and yes miracles still happen today. I dont understand why its confusing. Miracles happen according 2 the persons' faith; that is, the person who is expecting a miracle.

U asked how u would know if u have the faith 2 b saved? This is by the faith u have in Christ Jesus. I dont understand ur question. U have 2 have the Faith in Christ first, then u get saved.

I think am a bit mixed up already, some1 pliz help clear this up.

God bless!!!

Edited by heavenlyfavoured

Heavenlyfavoured, I say this because I've been praying for many years about things and still no answer. And it makes you question your faith and if you are saved. And if you have enough faith or have faith to be saved. It's been a real battle. God bless!

:thumbsup: Do miracles still happen like in the days that Jesus was on Earth? Some people say if it doesn't happen, its lack of faith. Which makes you think, well if my faith is lacking in this, how do I know if I have the faith to be saved. You start doubting your salvation then. Its so confusing.

Hi,

and yes miracles still happen today. I dont understand why its confusing. Miracles happen according 2 the persons' faith; that is, the person who is expecting a miracle.

U asked how u would know if u have the faith 2 b saved? This is by the faith u have in Christ Jesus. I dont understand ur question. U have 2 have the Faith in Christ first, then u get saved.

I think am a bit mixed up already, some1 pliz help clear this up.

God bless!!!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

well some may not get this but i will describe it as best i can

this was a recent miracle to me...and i felt God in it and i felt His Spirit...to me this was a miracle and i was privy to it

this is what happened ...i knew a person named michael...but i never knew him as micheal ...i always knew her as Tangela

i met Tangela thru a friend many years ago ...yes Tangela was 'gay' ....must have had gender identity issues because she/he always dressed as a girl...

Tangela was a drag queen prostitute...Tangela drank alcohol... a lot...Tangela may have done drugs i dont know but i heard that it was so...

Tangela was always alone... even her/his friends in that lifestyle seemed to make fun and shun her/him....but Tangela was always my friend...Tangela was always good to me and had a good heart...but Tangela had a rough life and had been shot cut and nearly died several times...

my heart went out to Tangela ...i was concerned about the dangers of her/his prostitution and i tried to instill a since of worth although i never judge her/him

well suddenly after many years of the same thing he/she became sick...was in the hospital for about 3 weeks in icu...we all knew he was dying yet even though he had a christian mother i heard no one had come to pray with him...

i remembered a conversation years before when i told Tangela/michael that Jesus loved him....he replied i do believe but i made some choices in my life a long time ago and i dont even know if God cares about me anymore... i have so many issues...i reassured him that nothing could separate us from His love...and i always told Tangela i loved her/him

so the first time i went to visit in the hospital...me and my friends and his friends cried all the way home and all said their silent prayers...i didnt know what to do or how to do it ...so i just prayed..."God your know his heart better than us ...you were there with him all those lonely nights thru all the hell that was his life...you were there in all his confusion and pain...

God you know to this world he is the 'least of these'...please show up and do what you do best...save my friend.

so after 3 weeks ...he could not sleep at all day or night...my friends would pick at him trying to cheer him up about having a drink or going to the club ...but he just shook his head no in disinterest...

my friend and i discussed him( Tangela) and how he was afraid to close his eyes and sleep...we knew he was afraid to die...i asked had anyone prayed for him with him and the answer was always no.....i asked where were the church people that his mother belonged to...had no one came by?

the answer was no and i knew time was running out for michael to find peace....so i suggested me and my friend two of michael( tangela's) only friends that we pray with him....after all i knew we had a lot to be desired but we were believers and we were all he had apparently....

so i became uspset the next morning and it was on my heart to do 'something'....i felt it was an emergency spiritually...where were the saints...the church people ...the people who lived and breathed salvation every day....why was there no one to help my friend...

so i purposed in my heart "LORD if you will guide me on what to say and do i will be willing to do it."...but i have to admit i was nervous and unsure ...i really have never prayed the Lords prayer with anyone...i know i still have issues in my life...some of them of which i knew Tangela was aware...although i hoped he would welcome it but i was afraid of messing things up..

of failing at this critical time....what i didnt realize is that it wasnt up to me....it wasnt my battle ...it was God's

so that day before i went to the hospital....i called my other friend ...and this is what i was told....he said that our friend was on his mind all morning and he convinced all the other friends to go pay a visit...so they did...and as they were entering the elevator the doors were almost closing...but one of the other friends saw a chaplain that they knew...he yelled out 'meet us on the 5th floor'....

so as they got off the elevator they were surprised to see the chaplain already there to meet them....they all went to see Tangela/michael....

he smiled to see all his aquaintances come to see him and then the chaplain said to him...im going to pray for you before i leave....and after he had prayed for him ...he asked Tangela /Michael ...."now are you saved?" ....michael shook his head and answered "no" thru gasping breaths....

the chaplain then asked Michael "do you want to be saved?" micheal said 'YES" ...so he said the sinners prayer confessed his faith in Christ dying on the cross and rising again. then the chaplain said "now Michael take a good look at all your friends standing around you right now...and tell them you are saved....it doesnt matter now what happens Michael because if you get well and walk out of this hospital or if you dont then you will go to heaven..

Michael then looked at all his friend one by one in the eye and said to each of them "I'm saved...I"m saved....I"m saved....

my friend was there and said it was like from the moment Micheal said "yes" God just showed up in that room...and everyone there broke down crying and praising God...

when i heard of it I myself felt God all over me...i couldnt stop crying ...and i was amazed at His grace...and the power of his blood....i ran to my other friend who i had been talking to about praying for Tangela ....i said Tangela got saved...i never got to know him as Michael...

my friend told me on the phone that Michael said im going to get some rest now...and he closed his eyes to get some sleep

that evening on my way home from work....i saw the most amazing sunset i have ever seen in my whole life...it was the most amazing color and unnatural color of pink .coral ...i cant even describe its beauty...there was no visible sun yet the sky looked on fire as if God Himself had just passed thru the earth and the rest of the sky looked like a painting...

it was so beautiful that it was shown and talked about on the evening news from 5:00p,m to 6:00pm three times...

i didnt know why or how but i knew it was for Tangela...i knew the angels were rejoicing....

i knew that Tangela/Micheal was going to see the beauty of Christ before any of us....

when i got home i got the phone call that Tangela had passed on between the hours of 5:00pm and 6:00 pm....

it was like God Himself came to take him home

and God reminded me....i will save to the uttermost....whosoever will let him come.....

on this earth Tangela was a beggar....Tangela was the least of these...but God made him great in His kingdom ....and this i know and He confirmed it with the most beautiful sunset..

God is faithful to us...He keeps His word to us....

Tangela/Michael was like the theif on the cross and yet Christ took him to paradise nov 1 2005

the greatest miracle to me that day and every day is His blood...and His power to save to the uttermost them that believe and call upon His name....

Christ did for my friend what no man could do...what he couldnt do for himself....

watching God move the way He did and with such perfect timing was truly a miracle to me...

PRAISE HIS HOLY AND WONDERFUL NAME...

AMEM

:rolleyes: Thanks everyone. God bless you all!

sport123

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  95

well some may not get this but i will describe it as best i can

this was a recent miracle to me...and i felt God in it and i felt His Spirit...to me this was a miracle and i was privy to it

this is what happened ...i knew a person named michael...but i never knew him as micheal ...i always knew her as Tangela

i met Tangela thru a friend many years ago ...yes Tangela was 'gay' ....must have had gender identity issues because she/he always dressed as a girl...

Tangela was a drag queen prostitute...Tangela drank alcohol... a lot...Tangela may have done drugs i dont know but i heard that it was so...

Tangela was always alone... even her/his friends in that lifestyle seemed to make fun and shun her/him....but Tangela was always my friend...Tangela was always good to me and had a good heart...but Tangela had a rough life and had been shot cut and nearly died several times...

my heart went out to Tangela ...i was concerned about the dangers of her/his prostitution and i tried to instill a since of worth although i never judge her/him

well suddenly after many years of the same thing he/she became sick...was in the hospital for about 3 weeks in icu...we all knew he was dying yet even though he had a christian mother i heard no one had come to pray with him...

i remembered a conversation years before when i told Tangela/michael that Jesus loved him....he replied i do believe but i made some choices in my life a long time ago and i dont even know if God cares about me anymore... i have so many issues...i reassured him that nothing could separate us from His love...and i always told Tangela i loved her/him

so the first time i went to visit in the hospital...me and my friends and his friends cried all the way home and all said their silent prayers...i didnt know what to do or how to do it ...so i just prayed..."God your know his heart better than us ...you were there with him all those lonely nights thru all the hell that was his life...you were there in all his confusion and pain...

God you know to this world he is the 'least of these'...please show up and do what you do best...save my friend.

so after 3 weeks ...he could not sleep at all day or night...my friends would pick at him trying to cheer him up about having a drink or going to the club ...but he just shook his head no in disinterest...

my friend and i discussed him( Tangela) and how he was afraid to close his eyes and sleep...we knew he was afraid to die...i asked had anyone prayed for him with him and the answer was always no.....i asked where were the church people that his mother belonged to...had no one came by?

the answer was no and i knew time was running out for michael to find peace....so i suggested me and my friend two of michael( tangela's) only friends that we pray with him....after all i knew we had a lot to be desired but we were believers and we were all he had apparently....

so i became uspset the next morning and it was on my heart to do 'something'....i felt it was an emergency spiritually...where were the saints...the church people ...the people who lived and breathed salvation every day....why was there no one to help my friend...

so i purposed in my heart "LORD if you will guide me on what to say and do i will be willing to do it."...but i have to admit i was nervous and unsure ...i really have never prayed the Lords prayer with anyone...i know i still have issues in my life...some of them of which i knew Tangela was aware...although i hoped he would welcome it but i was afraid of messing things up..

of failing at this critical time....what i didnt realize is that it wasnt up to me....it wasnt my battle ...it was God's

so that day before i went to the hospital....i called my other friend ...and this is what i was told....he said that our friend was on his mind all morning and he convinced all the other friends to go pay a visit...so they did...and as they were entering the elevator the doors were almost closing...but one of the other friends saw a chaplain that they knew...he yelled out 'meet us on the 5th floor'....

so as they got off the elevator they were surprised to see the chaplain already there to meet them....they all went to see Tangela/michael....

he smiled to see all his aquaintances come to see him and then the chaplain said to him...im going to pray for you before i leave....and after he had prayed for him ...he asked Tangela /Michael ...."now are you saved?" ....michael shook his head and answered "no" thru gasping breaths....

the chaplain then asked Michael "do you want to be saved?" micheal said 'YES" ...so he said the sinners prayer confessed his faith in Christ dying on the cross and rising again. then the chaplain said "now Michael take a good look at all your friends standing around you right now...and tell them you are saved....it doesnt matter now what happens Michael because if you get well and walk out of this hospital or if you dont then you will go to heaven..

Michael then looked at all his friend one by one in the eye and said to each of them "I'm saved...I"m saved....I"m saved....

my friend was there and said it was like from the moment Micheal said "yes" God just showed up in that room...and everyone there broke down crying and praising God...

when i heard of it I myself felt God all over me...i couldnt stop crying ...and i was amazed at His grace...and the power of his blood....i ran to my other friend who i had been talking to about praying for Tangela ....i said Tangela got saved...i never got to know him as Michael...

my friend told me on the phone that Michael said im going to get some rest now...and he closed his eyes to get some sleep

that evening on my way home from work....i saw the most amazing sunset i have ever seen in my whole life...it was the most amazing color and unnatural color of pink .coral ...i cant even describe its beauty...there was no visible sun yet the sky looked on fire as if God Himself had just passed thru the earth and the rest of the sky looked like a painting...

it was so beautiful that it was shown and talked about on the evening news from 5:00p,m to 6:00pm three times...

i didnt know why or how but i knew it was for Tangela...i knew the angels were rejoicing....

i knew that Tangela/Micheal was going to see the beauty of Christ before any of us....

when i got home i got the phone call that Tangela had passed on between the hours of 5:00pm and 6:00 pm....

it was like God Himself came to take him home

and God reminded me....i will save to the uttermost....whosoever will let him come.....

on this earth Tangela was a beggar....Tangela was the least of these...but God made him great in His kingdom ....and this i know and He confirmed it with the most beautiful sunset..

God is faithful to us...He keeps His word to us....

Tangela/Michael was like the theif on the cross and yet Christ took him to paradise nov 1 2005

the greatest miracle to me that day and every day is His blood...and His power to save to the uttermost them that believe and call upon His name....

Christ did for my friend what no man could do...what he couldnt do for himself....

watching God move the way He did and with such perfect timing was truly a miracle to me...

PRAISE HIS HOLY AND WONDERFUL NAME...

AMEM

Hi,

Whow. :whistling: that was trully a miracle.