• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/14/1982

One of thge hardest things for me to shake off when I became a Christian was the drinking issue.

For a long time I ignored it, or I tried to reason around it, or I tried and failed to remove it from my life, and it was always the primary reason for me backsliding to any degree when I did.

Now, with the help and guiding light of our Lord, and endless prayer and reading of the Bible and Christian help books, I am 100% sober, and will be for the rest of my life. It has no place in my life.

Im writing this because Im just in from a birthday party where usually I would have been drunk as a fool and centre of attention, but tonight is about the 4 month mark of sobriety, and finally my friends (most of whom unfortunately arent Christians) are accepting my decision as not a flash in the pan and a fad, and are really seeing Im committed, and to be honest, Im enjoying myself more now than I was when I was drunk and acting like a moron. In fact Ive noticed how supportive they are and they know my reasons for it, and I can know say Im walking in the Light and acting as an example.

I feel no pressure to fall back, I have it beaten and Satan will have to try something else if he wants to attacks me, because alcohol will never again have a hold on my life, thank God.

Anyone else ever battle with addiction?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Evenin' Graham,

Praise God! Congratulations on your 4 month anniversary!!

I have never had to battle addiction, so I can't relate to that particular struggle.

But I have had to battle certain sins over, and over and over again; and I admire the strength you found in your faith that made it possible for you to defeat this temptation.

May God bless you with continued freedom.

Peace,

Fiosh

:emot-wave:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  812
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/15/1961

Irish :emot-wave:

Congradulations, you are doing well and I will keep you in my prayers. I also struggled with alcohol and drugs, drugs more than alcohol. I have been clean for 10 years, praise God!!! I had to make the decision, did I want to follow the Lord and do his will for my life or did I want to continue to do drugs and watch my life go on a continueous sprial downhill. I opted for Jesus and I don't regret a moment of it. For a short time I did have to remove myself from the friends and some family members that I used with in order to not be drawn back in.

Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is FREEDOM!!!

Amen folks, great stuff.

I had a similar scenario where I just asked myself, am I going all in for Jesus or not, cos right now Im not, I have good intentions but Im not fully 100% doing it, just the bits I like. So I said from now on, its full commitment and 100% effort for the ultimate goal, and drinking got booted out of my life for good, along with several other things.

About to leave for Sunday worship,

praise the Lord.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Praise God! Way to go, Graham! :emot-hug::whistling:

Just keep leaning on Him and requiring His strength! And you're right, you do have this beaten already! The victory was already yours through Jesus and it's through Him that you'll keep the victory!

Thanks for encouraging us and allowing us to praise God with you and for you! :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I was into the week-end recreational binge drinking and partying, it sure was a lot of fun for a season. Then it started making me feel unclean and oppressed and I also did alot of things that I was ashamed of....but it still didn't end there because I didn't feel like I could really have fun without alcohol, neither did the people that I hung out with.

I'm ashamed to list all the mistakes I made that were related to my partying lifestyle.

I carried all that baggage into my marriage, had seperated from my husband and was absolutely miserable when I decided to try things Gods way.

He restored my marriage, gave me a new life and used me as the catalyst to draw my husband to Himself.

For a long time I didn't touch alcohol but now I will have a glass of wine occassionally...I have NO idea how I liked the affects of alcohol in my past. I think a lot of times it's more of a psychological thing than anything else for some. (Lies of satan)

I'm just glad that God revealed Himself to me, what a priviledge!! I really had no idea what real life was until I met Him.

Always remember your past, it's a crucial testament to the awesome power of God.

I was into the week-end recreational binge drinking and partying, it sure was a lot of fun for a season. Then it started making me feel unclean and oppressed and I also did alot of things that I was ashamed of....but it still didn't end there because I didn't feel like I could really have fun without alcohol, neither did the people that I hung out with.

I'm ashamed to list all the mistakes I made that were related to my partying lifestyle.

This part of your post could have been directly from me it sounds so familiar!!

The power of our Lord, Ill never go back to that empty feeling ever again.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

It is an empty feeling, alcohol is a depressent (downer)...Theres no drug in the world that comes close to the joy of the Lord. Satan can't counterfeit that one!

Before I couldn't have fun without alcohol....Now I can't have fun apart from God!! For some of us theres no fence to ride. Stay close to God!!

Amen.

I great line I read is that no matter how close Satan is to making you wilt and succumb, Jesus is closer to you at that point.