• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear One,

I guess I should have clarified my question:

Can anyone bear GOOD fruit, without God's Word?

The answer was revealed in the parable of the sower that I posted above. The answer would be "no", you cannot bear "good" fruit without God's Word.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Sometimes also the reader makes a assumption of what you may be trying to say. Took me a while to get what you were saying... some of us are slow to understand but keyboard happy. It depends what type of glasses we look through as we are responding. Hey I enjoy looking at people as they talk...for some reason their body language helps also. .....Patricia1

Look at all the different types of soil a root or seed is dropped into. gives us a clue, then the scriptures about vines and vineyards. Gives us more. These are here to help us to seek Jesus to get ourselves in order.

I rather look at the fruit ingredients as well as the sermon on the mount. That not only are good plumlines but you can see where and what you lack. patricia1

Dear Patricia,

I know what you mean, computer language can be a bit difficult. I'm an eye person too......I like to be able to look someone in the eyes when speaking. Computer talk can lack so much, and it's hard to convey proper context, as you said, without any body language. I think that's why it's important to "take time" to get something across on these boards, because you may not be expressing properly what you want in the first post, or even 2nd. (At least I'm finding that it takes time for a whole picture to be seen, especially as it's being painted as you go.) I appreciate that you took the time to hear me out. And I do understand about the seeds, although, I think the parable of the sower, again shows the bearing of fruit didn't happen with ALL of them, but only one group. I'm inspired to go to the Beatitudes, now that you mentioned it. I'm led to go there for my morning study tomorrow. I'll be curious to see what comes of it, because His Holy Spirit is clearly telling me that's where I need to go, as I read your post.

Thank you again for sharing what you did. :P

In His Love,

Suzanne

Ok, here's where I went this morning. (Highlighted portion was the focus of the lesson):

Matthew 5

1 Now when he saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2 and he began to teach them, saying:

3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 7 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. 10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

As I read the portions above, I was directed back to 1 Peter AGAIN! (It just keeps taking me back there. :emot-partyblower: )

The Heading was: "Suffering for Doing Good"

1 Peter 3:13 Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? 14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." 15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. 17 It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.

(I am convinced that we need to get a more comfortable handle on the teachings of being eager to "do good", and not shun or revile the teachings of these things.)

The instruction on righteousness, is so valuable!

1 Peter 2:23 who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously; 24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness--by whose stripes you were healed. 25 For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Dear One,

I guess I should have clarified my question:

Can anyone bear GOOD fruit, without God's Word?

The answer was revealed in the parable of the sower that I posted above. The answer would be "no", you cannot bear "good" fruit without God's Word.

In His Love,

Suzanne

:thumbsup:

Sorry ... I took it as face value.

OneLight

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

Saints,

There were 2 topics on this subject I merged together into this one

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

Let me throw out this example , I actually know people who fit, I am sure you do as well, maybe even a picture of oneself.

I love the spirit of dgolvach post. You can see the fire oozing of the computer screen. He is a man on fire. I have known people just like dgolvach. They were one fire with God. It showed in their spirit, their actions, their works and the fruits of God working through them. But Satan is patient. He grinds away at a person. Finances, family, spouses, children, habitual sins year after year the fire dies slowly, until you can not tell if he is producing fruit at all. He is completely dead, no works, no fruit. ( not dgolvach) Does he still "believe" in God and Jesus, yes he hasn't abandoned his belief, but it no longer translates into anything. Did God abandon him.....I don't think so.......he is like the parable of the different soils. How does one keep your soil fertile. Spending time with God is the key. Reading scripture,... yes....dwelling in the secret place of our hearts with God....yes.... But also doing the things God tells us to do....obedience..... It is in the interaction of doing that we also see God revealed. When we give we actually receive much much more. We actually receive the Grace of God, for where their is love there is God revealed.

God Bless,

K.D.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

k.d. I hear what you are saying. We are at all at different times in different places.

Who is the fruit for?

I like that question.

Who are works for?

Maybe another thread could be opened here with these questions...

I always tell people it is not what has been done to you...it is what fruit did you bear in respose.

What fruits grow in the desert or on the mountain tops?

Or at the bottom of the pit we slip into?

When I am being half baked and God needs to turn me over I pity the person who may get too close..They will get a heaping bowl of flesh until I have been totally baked.

Being on fire for God is great...It does not constitute that the wisdom, knowledge and fruit sometimes needed is there... Zeal in itself is a wonderful thing to have...( and this has nothing to do with Dog ) So if the christian who is dying to self try to operate under old fruit or in a winter season where no fruit is on the trees it does not meant they are not christian..They are being worked on...

Then there are those who do not care.

God never moves away from us, We move away from Him. God never abandons His children saved or unsaved....they abandon Him. Love you guys patricia1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

It blesses my heart to read both the poem as well as Gods response to training up a child. The child will see..how the parent is...action speaks louder than words ...Act Godly...your child will follow.... most of the time, sometimes its touch and go later on...l0l