Bluemoonjo

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

My husband and I have started attending church again.

But we have issues or I have issues lol

No one take what I say as hurtfull, I really am trying to figure this out, not offend anyone. And yes my spelling is bad LOL

Hymn books - I'm used to these type songs. The church we are going to sings these new songs. I just can't seem to get used to them, they don't seem as moving.

Pews - LOL ok so I guess I can live without my wooden pews. But boy does it seem odd. I do understand these chairs can be moved for different functions,ect.

Different backgrounds - I was raised attending a Baptist church. Husband was raised attending Pentacostal (sp?) So I find alot of things different..talking in tongues,slain in the spirt,ect. I am understanding the reasons, but it still is taking getting used to.

I don't think its right for us to attend different churchs. And he feels he has been called to attend here. So I feel I should follow his choice.

I'm used to what husband calls "fire and brimstone sermons" and while the ones we get now are good its not the same teaching as I'm used to its more "sugar coated"

Dh says the churches are different now (LOL it hasn't been that long I'm only 27) and this is how things are done. That I'm not being open enough and just don't like change.

I'm sure I'm forgeting something, or not explaining myself well.

But hopfully someone will understand what I'm meaning.

Anyone know what I'm meaning, been there, advice?

Mary

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

I have been searching for a Church that suits my needs, and I have found that there is no perfect Church, but you can find one that will suit you better than others. Personally, I can't stand the sound of Christian Rock, I adore the messages that they display, it just rubs me the wrong way. I like the older gospel music, like Mahlia Jackson, Aretha Franklin.... I would say to keep searching for a Church that will suit you best, and if you find nothing better go back to this one. A brother in Christ,

Aaron

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/05/1976

Bluemoonjo ummm first what excalty kind of church is this that you are talking about.

Second no things have not changed and that isn't nessarly the way things are done now a days, It is just that ppl are afraid to here the real truth becouse they are afraid of it. they prefer a fanicey world over the harshness of realty, they are deluding them selves if they think they can get away from it.

I am a Baptist my self and would prefer a hellfire and brimstone serman over the warm and fuzzy feling inside types that a lot of minesters are doing now a days it is truly a shame how the truth is being waterd down, i feel that in this way a lot of ppl are being led astray.

By the way i am only 29 lol.

But you are right to be going to the same church as you husband becouse by doing so you are honoring both youre self and the lord by fallowing his lead. Wich is i belive comanded is scripture.

About the pews lol well that realy just a matter of personal prefrence lol.

I know what you mean about the hymnals the old songs are being rewritten in feer of ofending other ppl weird if you ask me.

and yet again is rather disturbing to me. Christian Rock dose have it's place even with in the church comunity, just not in the main service as i see it

As for speeking in tungs and being slan in the spirt thouse are not things that can be forced or praticed there is nothing there to get better at becouse it comes from the Lord not from the human mind. (wich a lot of ppl seem to think that it has to be praticed allso sad)

If you do decide to contune going to this church then I segust that you prepare youre self for the worst, Putt on youre armor of God and never take it off. So that you will not be blind to the things that everybodyels seems to be missing. and it dose sound like that this is where it is leading, becarfel friend and when or if you recive the word from God be prepared to get out of there fast.

Edited by Knight of Christ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  812
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/15/1961

I would say to keep searching for a Church that will suit you best, and if you find nothing better go back to this one.
I really believe you should go where your husband goes, but that is just my opinion. If you go to a diffrent church than your husband then your missing something...a bond...I don't know how to explain it.

As far as change, sometimes we need to be streached. Sometimes we get into a comfort zone and most often than not God wants to take us out of it. :) I hate to say this because it sounds so cliche but...your husband is the spiritual leader of your home, trust the Lord to speak to him about where you should be attending church and pray to the Father that he (your husband) will hear.

Blessings, I'll be praying for you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

I agree with Avodah.

Your husband is the head of your family. I have seen first hand what God can do with men who are released into the roles that God has set up for them. My advice is to prepare your heart and mind because there will be some amazing things coming your way. There will be lots more changes.

Proverbs 18:22 says he who finds a wife, finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord. You are Gods favor to your husband, his support, his helper, his friend, his greatest prayer warrior and interceder. Don't forget that God, you and your husband, together, are a team. Three strands that are not easily broken Ecc 4:12.