• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

I have heard many Christians talking about C.S. Lewis, and this book. I know C.S. Lewis is a Christian, but what is the Religious parallel of this movie?? I read the book, but I was too young to remember much, but I do remember I loved it. I want to see the movie, and I think I will like it a lot more when I know how it ties in to Christianity. Thanks a lot,

Aaron

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/05/1976

Well to tell you the truth I do not know much about it but i do know that the cronicals of Narnia is about 6 books long. There is agurment however on wich should be conciderd the first tale becouse the first two where relised out of cronalogical order.

I wish i could give you more right now sorry.

But i will look into it, and ask some others that i know that know more about it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

There are MANY biblical paralells, not just in this book, but in the whole Narnia series. I wish I had my books on hand...anyway, I'll try to remember as many as I can:

The land of Narnia is, in a sense, the spiritual battleground. In "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe," the White Witch, Jadis (who enters the scene in "The Magicians Nephew," which speaks of the creation of Narnia), is something of the Satan persona. She tries to get her hands into all the goings-on in Narnia, even freezing the whole land in an endless winter ("Always winter, but never Christmas!" laments the creature called Mr. Tumnus). Jadis corrupts many of the creatures who inhabit Narnia, turning them by force or coercion into her service. There is resistance, however, many creatures who remain loyal to Aslan, the Lion, who created Narnia by his song. He is the paralell to God, and the good creatures await the time when he will crush the magic of the Witch. In come the four Pevensie children...something like the apostles, down to the one who betrays him (though in a sense he paralells both Judas and Peter...you'll have to read the book to understand my meaning).

OK...to save people from spoilers, you'll have to highlight the words between the lines to read the rest, because I changed the text to white (I hope it hides it well enough...if you don't TRY to read it, I think you'll be OK):

SPOILERS:

When Edmund (the betrayer) is captured by Jadis, Alsan dies for him...Jadis believes that she has won, that she has killed Aslan! But no...he rises again, appearing more beautiful and greater than before, and her magic is undone, because he has an older and stronger magic.

Anyhow, do read the book....I hardly did it justice :) (and if you quote me in this post, remember to make sure you don't spoil the plot for everyone!!)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Focus On the Family this morning was talking about the movie.

They gave some great advice . . .

Don't tell!

Let those who don't know see the story and discover it as they see it. :)

(One of the men made the point by relaying how his family was listening to the LW&W radio broadcast done by Focus, and at the key segment of the book, his little son blurted out,

"That's just like Jesus!")

It's so much more cooler that way! (My wording, not his.)

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

The entire series is basically an allusion to the entire story of the Creation, Fall, and Redemption

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  187
  • Birthday:  04/28/1977

I suggest reading them again anyway. I got so much more out of them when I read them as an adult. Lewis wrote them as children's books, but adults enjoy them, too.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  225
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

That is really cool, I will read them again, my mother was a Christian when I was little, and she had lots of Lewis books around the house, I picked up that one, and didn't put it down. I am really looking forward to the movie now, thanks a lot.

Aaron

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

There are MANY biblical paralells, not just in this book, but in the whole Narnia series. I wish I had my books on hand...anyway, I'll try to remember as many as I can:

The land of Narnia is, in a sense, the spiritual battleground. In "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe," the White Witch, Jadis (who enters the scene in "The Magicians Nephew," which speaks of the creation of Narnia), is something of the Satan persona. She tries to get her hands into all the goings-on in Narnia, even freezing the whole land in an endless winter ("Always winter, but never Christmas!" laments the creature called Mr. Tumnus). Jadis corrupts many of the creatures who inhabit Narnia, turning them by force or coercion into her service. There is resistance, however, many creatures who remain loyal to Aslan, the Lion, who created Narnia by his song. He is the paralell to God, and the good creatures await the time when he will crush the magic of the Witch. In come the four Pevensie children...something like the apostles, down to the one who betrays him (though in a sense he paralells both Judas and Peter...you'll have to read the book to understand my meaning).

OK...to save people from spoilers, you'll have to highlight the words between the lines to read the rest, because I changed the text to white (I hope it hides it well enough...if you don't TRY to read it, I think you'll be OK):

SPOILERS:

When Edmund (the betrayer) is captured by Jadis, Alsan dies for him...Jadis believes that she has won, that she has killed Aslan! But no...he rises again, appearing more beautiful and greater than before, and her magic is undone, because he has an older and stronger magic.

Anyhow, do read the book....I hardly did it justice :) (and if you quote me in this post, remember to make sure you don't spoil the plot for everyone!!)

I have to disagree with the judas thing , it is more the fall of man because the son of adam is saved thats why Asland had to die crucified , to save him.

Judas was lost .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Asland = Yeshua (Jesus)

God is aslands Father

witch= satan

winter = satans kingdom

The witches people = demons

The animals = the people that are saved

The children = The redeemed bride of Christ.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Another good Lewis fiction is the Space Trilogy. It contains many allusions to the faith as well