• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  175
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/02/1964

Do you struggle with homosexuality? Have you been seeking ways to change from being a homosexual to a heterosexual, or have you resigned yourself to it? Perhaps you have thought of switching but it seems impossible for you?

In the following study we are going to concern ourselves with some of the most common questions, which appear in this area. At first we will look into the background of homosexuality and finally, what the Bible says about it. Perhaps you have your own opinions concerning this issue, in any case it would be beneficial for you to read the whole text:

http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/Releasing_from_homosexuality

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dear friend, you are so misguided. This is not going to help anyone, especially not yourself. In my experience those who set about to change others generally are just trying avoid facing their own stuff.

Why do you fundamentalists remain blind to the damage you do when you run around calling people sinners. Do it some more, and you might just get a few more suicides. Love is the way of a loving god, and true love is acceptance. Show compassion to those who are a minority, those who feel abandoned by their fellow human beings.

You don't have to be afraid of them. I have worked among many and found them to be wonderfully resislient despite being in aworld that is so intolerant - often abandoned by there own families and old friends, so alone... yet they so often develop a fantastic sense of humour. So good for them I say, their choice of sexuality doesn't hurt or affect me.

If there are any young homosexuals out there reading this and feeling lost. Maybe conversative fundamentalist extremist Christians out there descriminate against you, but Jesus would show unconditional love for you. He wouldn't judge or try to change you. So pay no mind to these children.

They know not what they do

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Excuse me Jack? Are you saying that homosexuality is not a sin? I was not intending to reply to this post, but if you are saying that homosexuality is not a problem in Gods eyes. I would like to hear the reason why you believe so.

If I have misunderstood your post I apologise.

Anne

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Excuse me Jack? Are you saying that homosexuality is not a sin? I was not intending to reply to this post, but if you are saying that homosexuality is not a problem in Gods eyes. I would like to hear the reason why you believe so.

Anne

So... picture Jesus meeting a homosexual. How do you think He would react? What would he say to him?

I'm not saying homosexuality isn't a sin, but lets remember out job: to love God, and to love one another. I don't remember judging to be among our tasks, we leave that for the big guy upstairs :whistling:.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Paolo I assure you I am not judging anyone.

I am saying that the Bible is very clear on this matter.

Guest NewPilgrim

Its not a sin to be a homosexual any more than it is a sin to be a gentile. What IS a sin, is to practice homosexuality and therein lies the great debate. If we make a practise of any sin then we are in direct disobedience to God, be it sex outside marriage, compulsive lying, gambling, idolitry, whatever. When we seek to please God, battle to resist our sinful nature and worldly desires, when we work to adust our attitude to be in line with God's will, thats is faithfulness my friends and is justly rewarded. If youre a homosexual, you needn't feel alienated by your desires. Like everyone else on this planet, you simply need to learn what God wants from you and for you and follow it earnestly. We should seek to live our lives in a sinless fashion and resist every temptation that we put before ourselves and every temptation that is put before us. We will always stumble in this life, for we are none of us perfect, but we should never stop striving to be perfect, for one day we will be.

Edited by NewPilgrim

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  961
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

A true Christian doesn't hate the sinner, but hates the sin. Homosexuality is clearly a sin. We now live in a scoiety that thinks anything should go, and no person can tell anyone what is right and what is wrong. If I set back and let a homosexual friend live a life of sin without trying to help that person than I have failed. Homosexuality is a sexual disorder. Much like alcoholism, drug addiction, eating disoders etc. Some people may have a tendency towards homosexual, but this doesn't mean that we promote this lifestyle. Just like some people have more of a tendency to be alcholics and drug additcts, we shouldn't sit back and say, hey go ahead and get drunk everyday. We should try to help them and live a sober life.

Do some research on homosexuality, it will shock you. Most homosexuals come from troubled backgrounds. Homosexual men tend to either have no father, or their relationship with their father was bad. They bascially never learn how to be a man and have a desire for this. They are easy prey for the homosexual community and get sucked in. Most homosexuals have many partners. By many I mean hundreds. It is a very promiscuous lifestyle. Since that person is sexually disordered they are constantly looking for happiness. This high of sexual relations quickly wears off and one must then find another partner. I don't go along with this notion that every homosexual can be changed into a heterosexual. If that person can't, then he must live a celibate lifestyle, much like a non marred heterosexual man can't go around having sex with several women because he has desires to do so. Homosexuality is a huge threat to our society, and remember ones sin hurts all of us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Anne

So... picture Jesus meeting a homosexual. How do you think He would react? What would he say to him?

I'm not saying homosexuality isn't a sin, but lets remember out job: to love God, and to love one another. I don't remember judging to be among our tasks, we leave that for the big guy upstairs :whistling:.

I think that is a good thing to look at, we do have examples from scripture of Jesus meeting many sinners, and we have examples of Christ meeting people who were caught up in sexual sin. How did Christ treat the women at the well? She was living in sexual sin as many are today and had a spotty past, as many of us have today. So what did He do? You are right; the first thing out of His mouth was not about her sexual sin, but about His message. However the second thing was that He pointed out her sin and sins of the past, and told her to sin no more. What is amazing to me is that she obviously did not see this as some sort of personal condemnation, she came back she went and told everyone about this great person.

I think we need to be strong on issues surrounding sexual purity and God's plan for our lives in that regard, but I have to say somehow we need to do a better job of it, I am not sure I know how, but I think it is something to look at.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I skimmed thru Petri's "study". It doesn't seem at all harsh or judgemental to me; at least not at first glance. It appears to be an intelligent and logical approach to homosexuality from a Christian perspective. It outlines many of the accepted reasons for homosexuality and seems to take a compassionate approach to the homosexual. While making clear that practicing homosexuality is a sin, it holds out the love, mercy and forgiveness of a compassionate God.

While I'm not sure if it will benefit anyone, it certainly does not sound "un-loving", at least not to me.

:whistling:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

I have a question for those who regularly post the anti-homosexuality topics.

Why? Why the need to continually post about this particular sin? I'm not being smart, I'm sincerely asking. Why this sin, but not several topics weekly condeming gossips, gluttons, thieves and other sinners?

How much can be said about it? What's the point of going over it and over it and over it?