Bluemoonjo

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not well at explaining what I mean but lol h opfully you'll understand what I mean.

Did God creat more people than Adam and Eve?

Did Adam and Eve's children marry each other?

If they did is it ok because he didn't say incest was wrong untill later?

We've been reading it but it still confuses us. How do you figure out the right answer on things? Or what do you use to find your answers. We are thinking of getting a study Bible.

On alot of things my husband thinks different than I do, based on how we where raised. So how do we know which is right?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rick crompton
I'm not well at explaining what I mean but lol h opfully you'll understand what I mean.

We've been reading it but it still confuses us. How do you figure out the right answer on things? Or what do you use to find your answers. We are thinking of getting a study Bible.

On alot of things my husband thinks different than I do, based on how we where raised. So how do we know which is right?

Answers to questions :

1. No -our first parents were a single couple. All humanity has its descendency from Adam and Eve ( cf. 1 Cor. 15:22 )

2. They had to since there were no other families around. Keep in mind that the number of daughters born to Adam and Eve may have been numerous. The generations in the O.T. give very little references to women - only a few notables. Then, it was simply a man's world.

3. Incest became unlawful under the Mosaic Covenant . The effects of incest which we presently see today include many offspring born with congenital disorders, yet in the days of the patriarchs, the cumulative effects of the fallen, sinful nature of man would not so dramatically and negatively affect humanity.

Yours in Christ

Rick

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thanks Rick

We read something about Sons of God ... so thought maybe the angles had something to do with it. Then there was something about gaints.

Ordered dh the Bible he wanted today... Thompson Chain Study Bible.

We started reading together and confuse each other. I have a simple veiw on everything and he complicates everything :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

See rick crompton's post and add my name to the list of supporters. :blink:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

Thanks Rick

We read something about Sons of God ... so thought maybe the angles had something to do with it. Then there was something about gaints.

Ordered dh the Bible he wanted today... Thompson Chain Study Bible.

We started reading together and confuse each other. I have a simple veiw on everything and he complicates everything :blink:

The sons of GOD refers to the godly line of Seth(some would argue this point).JESUS said later in the new testament that we would be like the angels.....not given in marriage.This would indicate that the angels were "A" sexual(not male or female,once again some would argue this point).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Answers to questions :

1. No -our first parents were a single couple. All humanity has its descendency from Adam and Eve ( cf. 1 Cor. 15:22 )

2. They had to since there were no other families around. Keep in mind that the number of daughters born to Adam and Eve may have been numerous. The generations in the O.T. give very little references to women - only a few notables. Then, it was simply a man's world.

3. Incest became unlawful under the Mosaic Covenant . The effects of incest which we presently see today include many offspring born with congenital disorders, yet in the days of the patriarchs, the cumulative effects of the fallen, sinful nature of man would not so dramatically and negatively affect humanity.

Yours in Christ

Rick

Amen!!!!

the more you read, study, and pray together... the more you will learn together

there are books around that can help you in your study and some that will even teach you what and how to study something you are unsure about.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

In my opinion, you really have to look to science for an answer to a question like this. From a faith and reason point of view, Adam and Eve are metaphorical for early man. The story of creation as told in Genesis is not a literal story as to how life and our universe was created. At the time it was first recorded by Hebrew scribes, people simply could not have conceived of God creating a reality where certain molecules combined to create life and a law of that reality where that life would one day evolve into man and all the life around us. If one looks at it like that, basically, a theological explanation that is in harmony with science (science is not something that can disprove the existence of God, but rather is the methodical observation of how God

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

In my opinion, you really have to look to science for an answer to a question like this. From a faith and reason point of view, Adam and Eve are metaphorical for early man. The story of creation as told in Genesis is not a literal story as to how life and our universe was created.

If Genesis isn't literal history, than how do we accept the life of Jesus as literal? :emot-questioned:

Jesus accepted Adam and Eve as literal people (He created them) and the book of Genesis is quoted or referenced to more times than any other book in the Bible by Jesus.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

In my opinion, you really have to look to science for an answer to a question like this. From a faith and reason point of view, Adam and Eve are metaphorical for early man. The story of creation as told in Genesis is not a literal story as to how life and our universe was created. At the time it was first recorded by Hebrew scribes, people simply could not have conceived of God creating a reality where certain molecules combined to create life and a law of that reality where that life would one day evolve into man and all the life around us. If one looks at it like that, basically, a theological explanation that is in harmony with science (science is not something that can disprove the existence of God, but rather is the methodical observation of how God's creation actually does work), then Adam and Eve are metaphorical for early man. And the fall of man is the point in our development when we gained the capability to know right from wrong and the knowledge of good and evil. For example, a dog has no concept of right and wrong. A dog can love his master, but a dog is not capable of advanced emotions. Early in our evolutionary development our minds had not developed enough to conceive of right and wrong just like a baby has no conception of right and wrong. However, at some point in our development, our minds reached a point where we could conceive of right and wrong and good and evil and at that point we fell.

That all said, from a genetic perspective, there was a literal Adam approximately 140,000 years ago that well share a common ancestry with.

Who do Cain and abel represent then?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Short answer: God created Adam and Eve and from there everyone had sex to create children. Well...not everyone had sex with eachother just..well...yeah nevermind. :)